New Home

Slaves of Blue Moon

We were all standing like statues in front of the house. Our eyes analyse the view in front and I’m pretty sure my mouth was wide open. The house is definitely not normal. There is no way this place is where we have to live in. This is not our house.

“I don’t think this is the right one” Eunji said as she look back at the address that she had written before we started walking to find our place to stay; which happen to be at the end of the map.

“Nope, this is the right one” Chanyeol said “there’s no other houses after this one. There’s only that lake” he pointed out.

“This IS our place. The address is the same” Eunji confirmed.

I shook my head “It doesn’t make sense” I started “we walked all the way till the end of the academy, we’ve seen all the other houses that the other students live in, this one just don’t look like the ones we saw before” I said as I took a step forward.

Junho chuckled “So this is why the house is at the very end of the academy" he nodded at his own words.

“I thought the academy had started bullying us by making us walk deep into the forest to find our house and giving us a hard time to get to class since this place is far, although I had thought that keeping us away from the other students doesn’t seem like them bullying but helping us from being tortured by the kids” Eunji said “I guess the academy is not that bad afterall!” she exclaimed.

“NOT BAD?!” I exploded “If those rich kids found out about this place, they are going to flip! They’re going to torture us for the rest of our life in here!” I told her “THIS DAMN PLACE IS 3 TIMES THE SIZE OF THEIR HOUSE!” I screamed at the top of my lung.

“Oh, don’t forget the lake”Chanyeol stated “they’re gonna love the lake” he said.

“Another reason to add to the list as to why they would torture us!” I exclaimed and heard another chuckle from Junho.

Eunji shook her head “Let’s just head in the house. We need to unpack. You still have a library to unpack” she said as she open the door to the mansion.

 

When we entered the house, I was expecting it to be dusty but I found the place clean and smells fresh. It doesn’t seem like it was abandoned.

“I guess they cleaned this place up before we came. This place still have a layer of water everywhere” Junho said as he look around.

“Really? Is it obvious? Can you guess how long had it been since they cleaned this place?” I asked him.

“They probably had just cleaned this place this morning” he said.

“Oohhh… no matter how long we’ve known each other, I’m still amazed at your skill Junho” I told him and saw a hint of pink on his cheek as he thank me.

“Hey! Don’t flirt with Junho!” Chanyeol yelled “he’s not the only one who amazes you! I do too! You’re amazed by me too right?” he asked.

I turn to look at him and frown “I am amazed by you. I’m amazed that you get to burn our kitchen every single time you tried to help cooking” I emphasize on the word help before walking away and heard him grumble.

When I reach the upstairs, I saw Eunji getting out of the first door to my right. She was nodding her head as she closed the door.

“Oh, Hana, you’re here” she said and opened the second door to the left “there are so many rooms in this house. I don’t know which one to choose” she said and closed the door before moving to another door.

“It seems like this house is divided into two wings” Junho said “one side for each master, I guess” he concluded.

“Hey, Hana! Where do you want to put this library of yours?” I heard Chanyeol yelled from below.

I turn to Eunji to ask her which wing she wanted only to receive “You can take the lake view. I want this side. The sun will be blocked by the trees from this side” as an answer.

“You really hate the sun, don’t you?” I chuckled.

“I don’t hate the sun. This side will feel much more like home” she stated and I have to agree. The mornings at home is always beautiful with the shadows painted by the trees and the glitters made by the sun through the leaves of the trees.

“I’ll take the lake view then” I told her and head to my side of the house.  I heard Chanyeol following me quietly from behind, so, I turn my head to look at him “It’s not heavy anymore?” I asked as I raised a brow.

He chuckled “You’re kidding me right?” he asked as he lift the bag as if it weight nothing and walked next to me.

I let out a chuckle and walked up the stairs as I recall the first time I found out about his strength. Each slave have their own strength, where, earth slave is the strongest, followed by water, fire, air and lastly, spirit. I had understood this earlier than other kids because, well, I love to read and I found a book that mentioned about the level of a slave’s strength. The strength that I mentioned is of their physical strength and not their ability to use fire or water because if earth slaves officially have the most strength, everyone would hunt for earth slaves only.

Earth slaves are the best when it comes to physical combat or lifting heavy objects, so, it surprised me when I saw both Chanyeol and Lay were able to lift the fallen trees just like one of the earth slaves of a first year in our village’s school. I was scared that people might find out about that and told them to not use their strength when there are other people around. I don’t want anybody taking my slave away. They’re not just a slave to me. They’re my friends, my family.

Later that night, Lay had explained to me everything about a slave’s strength. He even brought Jun, my mother’s slave to help him in explaining them to me. He had told me that both his and Chanyeol’s strength is equivalent to one earth slave’s strength because they were slaves even before the second blue moon appeared. Those that had been slaves during the first blue moon have a minimum strength level of a water slave.

“Usually, spirit and air slave would increase to water level’s strength while water and fire will increase to earth level” he explained “that’s why we were able to do what the earth slave did” he said.

Speaking of Lay, I closed my eyes and called for him when I reached the last step of the stairs. When I opened my eyes, he was standing in front of me with his gentle smile and that beautiful dimple of him.

“Hello Hana” he greeted me “is this the place where we will be staying from now on?” he asked while looking around.

“Yes” I said and decided to “we’ll be staying with another student and her slave” I told him and his eyes rounded.

He rushed back to me and whisper-yelled “Then, why did you bring me out? What if they find out” he looked so worried and my lips turned into a thin line. My breathing became heavy as I try to hold myself from laughing.

“They already found out about you” I said “a long time ago” I continued. His face was so pale that you’d think he had turned into stone.

“What do we do now?” he asked in a whisper.

I bit my lips to hold my laughter but all hell was broken when Chanyeol laughed out loud, clutching his stomach. I couldn’t hold my laughter and started to laugh too.

“Hey! It’s not funny!” he said rather angry “What if they do something to you?!” he exclaimed.

“They won’t! They’re just Eunji and Junho” I said in between my laughs.

“H-Hana! You could have warned me beforehand!” Chanyeol said as he tried to take a deep breath to calm himself.

Lay look at me, then Chanyeol and back at me. “Seriously?! You’re doing it again?! Why do you like to bully me?!” he pouted but then realised something “Are there any other students around?” he asked.

I shook my head and open the first door “No. Our house is the last house and it’s far from other houses” I said as I enter the room.

I walked out to check on the other rooms and realised that the first room is the biggest out of all the rooms even if each room have their own bathroom. “Why do they have so many rooms?” I wondered.

“How many rooms are there?” Lay asked.

“Thirteen” I simply said as I close the door to the last room.

“Maybe the last owner wants to sleep in different room each night? You know, one room for one night” Chanyeol said then frowned “wait, there are only 7 days per week. Why would they need 13 rooms?”

I shook my head at his statement. Sometimes, I wonder how he had survived this long with that brain of him.

“Could it be” Lay begin “one room for each slave? The biggest one is for the master” he stated and I nodded at the more logical reason.

“That means, the first room is yours!” Chanyeol screamed as he run to the room with the luggage.

“HANA! I FOUND A ROOM FOR YOUR LIBRARY! CHANYEOL! CAN YOU BRING THE LUGGAGE HERE?! I’LL HELP YOU UNPACK THE LIBRARY!” Eunji yelled from below and saw Chanyeol let out a string of curse as he walked down the stairs, with the luggage and pretending that it was heavy.

I frowned at his direction when I realised that he had asked for Junho’s help earlier. How did he make the library heavy for Junho to believe?

“Lay” I started and heard him hum a reply “how did Chanyeol make the luggage heavy?” I asked, cocking my head to the side.

He chuckled “He’s just pretending it’s heavy” he said.

“No, not that” I shook my head “Just now, he asked for Junho’s help to bring the other side of that heavy library” I said.

“You’re wondering how he made Junho believed that it’s heavy?” he asked and I nod “Easy, just make the other person lift his side first, and lift your own side at a controlled strength” he explain.

“Hmmm” and a continuous nod was my reply as I enter the first room. I opened the first door in my room and found the bathroom. I walked out of the bathroom and open the next door. I went inside and saw metal rails hanging under a… shelf?

“Lay, what is this room for?” I asked.

He smiled “It’s called a walk-in closet. It’s like your wardrobe in the size of a room” he said.

I blinked a few times as I take in what he said. “You’re telling me that my wardrobe now is the size of my entire room at home?” I breathed out the words and he nodded. I look back at the room and sighed “I’m not taking this room” I said and walked out.

“I think this room belongs to you, Hana” he said as he try to stop me from walking out of the room.

“And why is that?” I asked him.

“They have your uniform prepared in this room already. They even have your shoe” he pointed to one area where I had missed the few pieces of clothes hanging “are they yours?” he said and walked to check on the size. When he reached the area, I heard a knock on the door.

“Hana, Eunji told me to deliver your uniform and asked for her uniform from you” Junho said as he raised the same uniform as before, only in a smaller size.

“Here you are” Lay said and gave them to Junho before taking my uniform “and the shoes too” he said before exchanging the shoes and went back to arrange the uniform on the rail.

“Is this officially my room now?” I asked him and he smiled as he took the backpack that I have on my back.

“It is” he said and took out all the other clothes that I had packed in it and started hanging them next to the uniform.

I sighed as I know that I can’t change his mind. I walked out of the room-wardrobe or whatever that room is called and sat on the bed. The bed is two times the size of my bed at home and it’s so fluffy.

“Is this all the clothes you packed?” Lay asked when he walked out of that room.

I nodded my head “Mommy told me to buy new clothes here. She gave me money to buy them” I told him and he nod.

“So, where’s the kitchen?” he asked.

“I haven’t figured that out yet. It should be downstairs” I told him “go look for it. I’m too tired to even move” I said and lie down on the bed.

“Rest well” he said before closing the door.

I closed my eyes and remembered the time when Lay, Chanyeol and I discussed who would be the one to pretend to be the first slave and who should be the one to appear during the official summoning ceremony. I was told that it would be better if Chanyeol was the one who accompany me before the official summoning because he is better at fighting as compared to Lay.

“I can fight but Chanyeol is better” Lay had said to convince me.

It pained me to let one of my first slaves pretend to be the second. Why can’t I just let everyone know that I have two slaves as my first one but as if reading my mind, Jun told me that if anyone apart from people from this village found out about my first slave’s situation, I would be in trouble.

“There are too many greedy masters out there” he said so I nod in agreement.

I sighed and opened my eyes but something caught my attention. “What if my second slave appear during the official ceremony?” I muttered to myself “I really don’t want to push Lay to be the third slave. He’s too precious to be the third one” I huffed as I got myself up and walked out of the room to search for the kitchen.

I walked to a door and heard Eunji and Junho laughing as Chanyeol let out a string of curses. I could feel my lips turn into a smile. I pushed the door that was slightly ajar, open and saw Chanyeol under about a dozen of my books.

“What happened?” I asked although I could feel myself starting to laugh at the scene in front of me.

“C-Chanye-ol w-was too eager to fi-nish unpacking th-is whole thing” Eunji said in between laughter and stopped talking when she know she can’t stop laughing.

Junho composed himself before telling me everything “Chanyeol was too eager to unpack this whole thing that he started to take as many books as he could to place them on the shelves but this batch fell off and a few other books fell on him” he said.

I went to Chanyeol and help him with the books that was on top of him. “You should be careful next time” I told him and helped unpack the books. There weren’t that many left, so, it didn’t take much time for us to finish them.

“Where’s Lay” Chanyeol asked when we exited the library.

“In the kitchen” I said as I walked ahead of him.

“Where’s the kitchen?” he asked, looking around.

“I don’t know. I was looking for it when I heard Eunji and Junho laughing at you” I told him with a smile on my face.

“Urgh, don’t remind me of that!” he grumbled and walked to a corner. He stopped when he saw what was in front of him then, smiled while looking at me. “Found the kitchen” he said and rushed towards the direction he was looking at.

I bet he’s bugging Lay and swallowing all the food in front of his eyes. I don’t know where he kept all that food and still don’t get fat. I think this is all thanks to him being a fire slave. His fire must be the one responsible in burning all the fat he have.

When I reach the kitchen, however, instead of his wide grin and food stuffed in his mouth, I found him pouting. “What’s wrong, Yeol?” I asked as I walked towards him.

“Lay said that there are no food” he said, still with the pout.

I smiled and pat his back. “Don’t worry, we’ll get you some food later” I told him. I’m a er for his pout.

I saw Lay standing nearby with a pitiful smile. “It seems like they didn’t prepare anything for us except for the uniforms” he said.

“I guess we have to buy groceries then” I said and pat Chanyeol’s back “why don’t you bring me to the market so we can buy your foods” I told him and it cheered him up.

“Let’s go!” he cheered and pulled me to the entrance.

“WAIT!” I tug his hand that was pulling me “Let’s bring Eunji and Junho too. We’re living together, remember? We’re sharing the kitchen too” I told him and received a frown.

“JUNHO! EUNJI! HURRY UP! WE’RE GOING TO BUY FOOD!” he yelled with that deep voice of him at the top of his lung.

I jumped at the sudden yelling and swear that I heard a crash and a few other sounds coming from different places in the house. I guess everyone was surprised by his loud voice. I saw Lay walking out of the kitchen, looking rather angry. Lay and angry does not belong in the same sentence.

Lay smacked Chanyeol in the head “You broke a glass” he stated.

“I DID NOT! I was here all the time” Chanyeol argued.

“You made me drop my book” Eunji said, rushing down the flight of stairs.

“You made me hit a table” Junho said.

Chanyeol just huffed and turn around “Let’s go!” he said, ignoring everyone.

 

A/N

I know. It's been too long since I last updated. Here's the 3rd chapter.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.