1/3

Love & Roll

a/n this wasn't supposed to happen ffs.

this was supposesd to be nice, short, sweet, and simple, now this is going to turn into a 3-4 shot.

*bangs head on desk/bed*

 


 

Ryeowook groaned as he turned off his annoying alarm clock. He curled back up into bed, and sigh. He didn’t want to get out of bed and start his day, he wanted  to stay in bed and sleep away all of life's troubles.

 

But today was a day that he couldn’t sleep away. After a few random thoughts floated through his head, he got up. He wasn’t allowed to sleep, there was a reason why he got up an hour early, today was the day he was going to ask him out.

 

Ping!

 

Ryeowook looked over to the now bright phone screen showing that he had a notification pending on twitter waiting for him.

 

Grabbing his phone, and then going to the twitter app, he let out a string of curses that were all directed at the person sending him a message. He sent the person, Donghae was his name, a message about telling him to “go the to sleep, it’s like 3am where you live - fix your sleep schedule, and stop making me worry about you.” before setting the phone down, and turning towards the mirror in his room.

 

Bags under his eyes, hair messed up, indents on his skin from sleeping, he was going to need work, a lot of work this morning with what he was planning on pulling off.

 

He needed to look his best, the best that he’s ever looked in years, for Kyuhyun.

 

Oh how Cho Kyuhyun was going to kill him. Kyuhyun was shy, quiet, and awkward. Always playing a video games and not listening to the professor lecture, but always getting the highest or one of the higher grades in class. Even though he wore some of the ugliest sweaters that Ryeowook’s ever seen, the man was still gorgeous.

 

Kyuhyun’s honey french bistre hair was a mess normally, he never wore make up, he had two piercing in his left ear, and dark, almost black at times, brown eyes that were always behind thick black rimmed glasses. He was taller than Ryeowook, and walked with an unknown grace.

 

Ryeowook’s favourite features were the others hands. Kyuhyun had the most amazing hands, Ryeowook always wondered if Kyuhyun played the piano because of them, not only were they pretty, they were big compared to Ryeowook’s. They could probably re-

 

“Earth to Ryeowook?” Yesung called out, looking at his twin with curiosity.

Ryeowook let out a squeak, before turning to Yesung with a bright face.


“Why did you have to sneak up on me Sunggie?” Ryeowook pouted, as the other laughed at him.

 

“I’ve been calling your name for quite sometime, now hurry to the bathroom so I can fix your hair. You’re going to ask him today right?” Yesung asked as he pulled Ryeowook to the bathroom across the hall, before making him stand still in front of the mirror.

 

“Yeah, but Sunggie...what if he says no?” Ryeowook asked as he looked into the mirror with a frown. Yesung sat the straightener down and turn the other around so that Ryeowook was staring right at him.

 

“If he tells you no then 1. I am going to kick his because you’ll probably cry knowing you, 2. after Heechul kicks his , I will kick it again. 3. We leave and go somewhere else because I know that if you see him everyday you’ll feel miserable. No one can hurt you while I’m around Ryeowook, I won’t let it happen, so stop worrying.” Yesung said before pulling Ryeowook into a hug.

 

“But you love it here Sunggie… I wouldn’t want you to leave because of me, I could -”

 

“Ryeowook we’ve been together since birth, and through the adoption agencies. If you think that I wouldn’t leave this stupid city for your happiness then you are wrong. Don’t even think about something like that you idiot.” Yesung interrupted, before turning him back around to work on his hair. Ryeowook felt tears sting his eyes, before he let small giggles escape his mouth. Yesung was so extra at times.

 

When Yesung finished with his hair, he pushed Ryeowook out of the bathroom because Yesung now had to work on his hair, and he needed things silent to focus, so Ryeowook made his way down stairs.

 

As he entered the kitchen, he saw Heechul sitting at the table with a steaming cup of tea on his phone.

 

Ryeowook went over to the cupboard, got his giraffe coffee cup, and poured some tea into it before sitting next to Heechul. In was quiet for a few moments, but Ryeowook knew that wouldn’t last.

 

“Today’s the day?” Heechul asked after sitting down his cup of tea, eyes still on his phone.

 

“Yes, today is the day Chullie.” Ryeowook answered back.

 

“Did the mad dog already threaten him?” Heechul asked with skipping a beat.

 

“Personally?”

 

“Mhm.”
 

“Not yet, or at least I hope he hasn’t. I don’t want him to ruin my chances.” Ryeowook exclaimed, and Heechul just laughed.

 

“He did threaten to kick his if he makes me cry though, and move away.”

 

“I’ll have a chat with Jae when you two get to school. That’s why you're up so early right Wookie?” Heechul asked actually setting the phone down and looking at him now.

 

Ryeowook nodded and then stilled as Heechul put his hand on his head.

 

“I know that you’ve liked him for years Wook. Just keep in mind that just because you like someone for years, it doesn’t mean that they like you back. So don’t go walking in like he will be your boyfriend at the end of the day baby. I know that the dog has already spoken to you about this, knowing him and how protective he is of you, but listen. I know that I’m not blood related to either of you, I look to good to be related to you two. But you two have become apart of my life, and if he does make you cry, mad dog upstairs will need to beat me in kicking lover boys , you understand?”

 

Ryeowook nodded and pulled Heechul into a hug.

 

“We were lucky to meet someone as nice as you Chullie.”

 

“I know, i’m an amazing person, something that is almost as amazing as me is your cooking, so pancakes...made like now.” Heechul said as he pulled away from the hug and turned back to his phone.

 

Ryeowook laughed and got up to make pancakes for the two of them, and then took out soup from the fridge for Yesung.

 

Once he finished the pancakes, Yesung came into the kitchen on his own phone, and sat down.

 

Re-heating a bowl of soup for Yesung, and putting the pancakes on the table, Ryeowook turned back to grab the syrup and place it on the table.

 

The microwave went off with a ding, and Ryeowook turned to get it, but Yesung forced him to sit down, and muttered how he would get it instead.

 

Heechul started to eat the pancakes, drowning them in syrup, as Ryeowook waited for Yesung to sit down again.

 

Yesung placed an empty, clean plate in front of him, as he passed him calling him a dork for forgetting his own plate, and then sat down with his soup.

 

When the trio was finished, the clock read 6:45, and Ryeowook still had at least two hours before class.

 

“Ryeowook?”

 

“Yes Heechul?”

 

“Why did you set your alarm at much an early time?”

 

Ryeowook paused.

 

“I think it was because of the nerves…” Ryeowook said before looking down at his plate, biting his lips.

 

“Let’s go Wook, got to pick out your outfits, this is why you woke up so early so stop biting your lips. You need to look your best for Cho.” Yesung stated as he pulled Ryeowook up, and then moved towards the stairs, he pushed Ryeowook to go up first before glancing back at Heechul with a smile on his face.

 

“You can do the dishes so, Ryeowook doesn’t stress about that right Chullie?” Yesung asked before bolting up the steps, ignore anything Heechul screamed at him.

 

He went down the hallway before turning into Ryeowook’s room, and finding Ryeowook sitting on his bed looking down.

 

Yesung let out a sigh, and then he went to sit next to the other.

 

“What’s wrong Wook?”

 

Ryeowook just leaned on him, and let his head rest on the other’s shoulder, and Yesung waited until he was ready to speak.

 

“What if he says no Sunggie?” Ryeowook asked in a fragile tone, voice shaking. Yesung looked down, to find Ryeowook’s monolid eyes staring back at him with tears floating in them.

 

“Then he is missing out on an amazing person, and i’ll kick his like I said back in the bathroom.” Yesung spoke quietly, before pulling his twin into a hug.

 

“He’d be stupid to say no Ryeowook, and you yourself, said that he was one of the smartest people in your history class, so don’t worry. Just be happy and don’t let stress consume you. Get your head in the game.”

 

“But w-”

 

“No buts, who are you?”

 

“Ryeowook Kim…”

 

“What are you going to do today?”

 

“Ask Kyuhyun out…”

 

“I didn’t hear you Wookie, you need to speak louder than that.”

 

“Ask Kyuhyun out.”

 

“Louder please.”

“I SAID I WAS GOING TO ASK KYUHYUN OUT.”

 

“Good, now that you’ve told everyone on the street, let's pick out your outfit for the day.” Yesung said with a grin, as Ryeowook yelled at him.



 

It took a few tries, many different clothing changes, and a few remarks from Heechul before Ryeowook had his outfit ready laying out for him on his bed. As Ryeowook finished putting on the outfit, he looked back into the mirror that hung on his wall.

 

His eyes staring back at him. Today was the day he was going to ask Cho Kyuhyun out.

At the thought of asking the computer science major out, he let a small string of giggles, before turning around to get his bag off his bed.

 

Wearing purple skinny jeans, a white button up, green suspenders, glasses on, bag against his waist, and hair swept across his face to the left, he was ready to go. Looking back in the mirror one more time before leaving caused a grin to stretch across his face.

 

He was a perfect 10, and he was ready to knock Cho Kyuhyun off his feet. He closed his bedroom door, grin turning into a smile, and headed down stairs.

 

Heechul was still at the table, on his phone with a new cup of tea. Yesung was shooting glares that the blonde haired man as he did the dishes from this morning, muttering about how useless Heechul was sometimes.

 

Ryeowook say his bag on the table and went over to where his twin was, about to roll up his sleeves, but stopped when Yesung told him to just go sit down, and wait for him to be done.

 

Glancing at the clock in the kitchen now, the time read 8:15. He still had sometime before he had to go thankfully. Picking out his outfit for the day took forever.

 

Ping!

 

His twitter notification went off again, and he pulled his phone from out of his bag. It was Donghae again, telling him to read over something that he wrote about aliens, and Ryeowook frowned.

 

Did you sleep at all?

 

Yes!

 

How much did you sleep?

 

I slept for 1 hour and 37 minutes! :3

 

That’s not sleeping you idiot. I’ll read over it but go back to sleep.

 

But I don’t want to sleep, i’m writing right now *pouts*

 

I swear you’ll be the death of me one day, you and your sleeping schedule.

 

Aren’t you supposed to ask lover boy out today?

 

Ryeowook felt a blush rise of his cheeks, and he had the sudden urge to throw his phone.

 

Yes.

 

I wish you the best of luck! You can do it! I’m rooting for you! If he hurts you, i’ll fly my to ny and i’ll beat him up on your behalf, before bringing you and Sunggie over to Seattle!

 

I know you will hae, i’ll read your paper in a few, you still need to sleep today though.

 

I knooooow~ but I want to write now! Hyukkie is getting me hot cocoa as we speak♥♥♥

 

“Hyukkie” Ryeowook had learned was the nickname for the roommate/friend with benefits Donghae now had wrapped around his fingers, and Donghae wasn’t malicious about it, he wasn’t taking advantage of the other, even though there were times when Ryeowook thought that he was, Donghae would proclaim his love of “Hyukkie” to Ryeowook daily.

 

well i hope that you enjoy your hot cocoa, Sunggie says hi, I got to go - going to school now.

 

Go get that fine piece of Wook! We’re rooting for you, and if things go wrong, I have a place for the two of you to stay!

Goooooodluck♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

Ryeowook laughed at the heart gif Donghae also put in the message before putting his phone back in his bag.

 

He went to grab his normal shoes, but Yesung tisked at him, and handed him a pair of black platform brogues.

 

Ryeowook just pouted.

 

“You know those hurt my feet.”

 

“They also make you taller, and you need all the help you can get with your height.” Heechul called from the kitchen as Yesung burst into laughter.

 

Ryeowook put the shoes on with a frown, and muttered about having to deal with blisters after this, how he wasn’t going to bake anything to either of them for the rest of the week.

 

Yesung just told him to stop being a baby, and pulled him up. The twins said goodbye to Heechul before heading off to the bus stop. It was 8:21 now, the duo were still going to catch their bus thankfully.

 

“Wook.” Yesung said as he held out his arm, stopping Ryeowook from going forward, and looking across the street at the local Starbucks.

 

“Wook, new flavour.” Yesung started, as he grabbed Ryeowook’s wrist, and headed towards the cross walk.

 

“Sunggie, let go- we need to catch our bus! You know for school, and Kyuhyun?”

 

Yesung looked back at him, eyes wide.

 

“But coffee Wookie.”  

 

“Yesun-”

 

“Coffee, new flavour”

 

“But the bus? We need to go to school still Yesung!”

 

Yesung just tightened his grip on the others wrist, glaring down at him. Ryeowook let his body sag, and exhaled a sigh.

 

“We can get your stupid coffee.”

The grip on his wrist became loose, Yesung was no longer staring at him now, instead he was rocking back and forth on his feet muttering about coffee with a bright smile.

 

By the time the duo got to the other side of the street, the bus they were waiting for arrived. Ryeowook almost freed himself from Yesung’s grip and ran towards the bus. Almost being the key word, because Yesung’s grip on his wrist tightened dramatically when he saw the bus they normally got on.

 

Once they entered the Starbucks Ryeowook wanted to scream at his brother. The lines were ridiculous, and they definitely wouldn’t be making it to their first class on time.

 

It took them 45 minutes, 45 minutes to get Yesung’s coffee, and Ryeowook’s hot chocolate. Yesung paid for both when he realized how long it took, and gave his brother an apologetic look.

 

But Ryeowook wasn’t having any of it. He took Yesung by the wrist, walked across the crosswalk, and waited for the next bus to show up.

 

Yesung was humming happily drinking his coffee, as Ryeowook glared at everything in sight. He could have confessed to Kyuhyun before his english class, but nooo Yesung had to ruin it.

 

When the bus came the twins got on, paid, and took their normal seat in the back.

 

It was a full 24 minutes with the traffic, and then it was another 15 minutes for them to fully get to their english class.

 

They had shown up 15 minutes late with Starbucks and Ryeowook wasn’t really sure how he felt about that, judging by the look the teaching was giving she wasn’t to happy about the situation.

 

Ryeowook took his seat next to the window, with Yesung next to him, and went off to dream world. He was anxious, yet excited?

 

All he wanted to do now was run his fingers through Kyuhyun’s messy hair, and make it straight. Just to be held by those arms, and kissed by the other male. Go on a date with him, travel with him, just be in his presence.

 

The teacher - Miss. Keliack was going on and on about some man who wrote ‘Lord of the Rings’ but Ryeowook paid no attention. He ponder for a few moments, did Kyuhyun like Lord of the Rings?

 

Ryeowook tried to recall any time that Kyuhyun spoke about something with the small chats that they had daily in the history classroom, when he wasn’t playing his video games.

 

He never said anything about Lord of the Rings, Starcraft yes, but not Lord of the Rings.

 

When everyone started to clear their desk is when Ryeowook started to pay attention fully, clearing his as he did so with a confused look on his face.

 

He saw Miss. Keliack start to pass out papers and he wanted to bang his head on the table.

 

It was a pop quiz, and best of all, it was over what she just went through as he day dreamed about Kyuhyun.

 

Yesung let out small laughter next to him and handed him a pen to take the test with.

 

Needless to say, Ryeowook failed.



 

After the terrible class, Ryeowook did horrible on that pop quiz, what kind of teacher even does something like that? He parted ways with Yesung and headed towards his history class, where he would be.

 

Ryeowook was really hoping that Kyuhyun was in a talking mood today, even if it was normally just a one-sided conversation between the two with Ryeowook doing the most talking.

 

He had to reach his goal today, he had to ask Kyuhyun out. He had waited years for this, and now he was finally going to get his answer.

 

‘No excuses’

 

Ryeowook thought to himself as he entered the social sciences building. To his luck, there on the bench was Kyuhyun, and Ryeowook wanted to leave right then and there with how unfair Kyuhyun looked. Today Kyuhyun wasn’t wearing one of those sweaters, but instead a black turtleneck sweater. To many it wouldn’t be a big difference, but this sweater as tighter, and pure black with no ugly designs on it. Plus black skinny jeans, and shoes. He actually matched today! Ryeowook wanted to thank whatever god or gods that were out there now for this moment.

 

As he got closer, he just wanted to turn around more, because Kyuhyun was wearing makeup. Holy Kyuhyun was wearing make up. His eyes, lined with black eyeliner, Ryeowook wasn’t sure if he was going to make it through class alive, like how in world was he supposed to sit next to him?

 

Kyuhyun looked up at him, and shot him a bright smile, and small wave before going back to his game. When Ryeowook didn’t move to come sit next to him, because at this point Ryeowook wanted to be in Seattle crying in Donghae’s arms about how beautiful Kyuhyun was at this point, Kyuhyun shot him another look but this time with a frown, eyes confused, and he was biting his lips.

 

It took everything Ryeowook had to not run away and to not kiss him here and there. He didn’t want to upset the other though, because he knew that Kyuhyun didn’t like being the center of attention. If anything he loathed it, and always hated talking in class, unless it was a one on one conversation.

 

Ryeowook quickly made his way over to the bench that Kyuhyun was sitting on outside the classroom hall, taking a quick glance through the window next to the door, noting that the other class was still in there. Then he sat down with a sigh, sipping hot chocolate.

 

“Did I do something wrong Ryeowook?” Kyuhyun asked next to him, looking at him with big curious eyes. Ryeowook choked on his hot chocolate, and coughed for a few minutes, and Kyuhyun quickly started to hit his back.

 

“You did nothing wrong Kyuhyun, my mind just hasn't been in the right place today.” Ryeowook said once he finally stopped coughing, but he was breathing heavily, trying to recover oxygen, and his eyes were watery.

 

Kyuhyun just smiled and him and let out a hum before going back to his game. Ryeowook took out his phone and saw that he had 7 notifications from Donghae.

 

Are you doing ok?

I hope that you are doing ok!

I took a nap, are you proud of me?!? Hyukkie says hi btw ;3

Did you read my paper?

I hope that you read my paper.

I hope that i’’m not bothering you, but you’re like one of the few people that I can talk to about this paper, everyone else think’s that i’m crazy when I talk about it.

Going to try and take a nap again.

 

Ryeowook smiled down at the randomness that Donghae was.

 

i’m fine hae, and I haven’t read your paper yet. Sunggie made the two of us late for class >~<

I hope that you are sleeping well, and you’re not a bother to me, so don’t ever think that you are.

 

“Whose Donghae?” Kyuhyun asked, and Ryeowook jumped a little.

 

“He’s a crazy friend of mine from Seattle Kyuhyun.” Ryeowook said as he turned his phone off and set it down on the bench. Again, Kyuhyun hummed.

 

“Did you do the homework Ryeowook?” Asked, attention back on the game in his hands, Pokémon is that he was playing today, or at least that’s what Ryeowook thought that it was.

 

“We had homework?” Ryeowook asked, eyes going wide, and voice high. Kyuhyun looked at him with concerned eyes, setting his gameboy down onto his lap. A hand found its way to Ryeowook’s forehead, and then another hand to his neck.

 

“You’re not sick…. Are you sure that you’re ok Ryeowook?” Kyuhyun asked him, removing his hands, and reaching into his backpack. Pulling out blank papers, along with a paper with a variety of writing written on it, quickly handing it to Ryeowook.

 

Ryeowook looked down at it, confused at first, and then realization about what the papers were for.

 

“Kyuhyun I can’t copy from you…” Ryeowook started as adoration swelled in his chest. Kyuhyun repeatedly stated how much he hates people who copies others works, often making remarks about it to him in class as he scanned the other students when he wasn’t playing his video games.

 

Kyuhyun took the papers out of Ryeowook’s hands before setting his computer science textbook onto the other’s lap, and then all the papers from before back in Ryeowook’s hands. A pen soon found it’s way into Ryeowook’s hand, and Kyuhyun went back to playing his game.

 

“You have 8 minutes Ryeowook.” Kyuhyun said as he was battling a gym leader.

 

Ryeowook just looked down at the papers in his lap, and he wanted to tear up. Quickly, and as neat as possible he started to copy the answers. Not word for word however. He felt like he was committing a sin, he finished within 6 minutes, and when Kyuhyun noticed that he done, he sat his game down again, and looked at the other with bright eyes that soon became concerned.

 

“Did I do something wrong…?” Kyuhyun started, his own eyes looking fearful, and his body language becoming defensive as he moved away slightly from Ryeowook. “I just wanted to make you happy, that’s it. There is something going on right now with you, and you don’t have to share it if you don’t want to, but if I can somehow make whatever is going on with you less painful i’ll try too…. at least that’s what friends do right? We’re friends right? I’m sorry that i’m so awkward, i’ll just leave you alon-”

 

“Kyuhyun, you did nothing wrong, and i’m just very thankful. That’s all and yes Kyuhyun, we are friends, and thank you for being such a good friend.” Ryeowook told the other in a serious tone, because Ryeowook could almost see how Kyuhyun was moments away from tearing up.

 

Kyuhyun’s body language relaxed, and his eyes once again held a sense of warmness in them, as he moved back into his original position with a bright smile on his face. He took the papers from Ryeowook, including the ones that Ryeowook wrote on, and placed them on the bench. The textbook was next, as he pulled that off the other’s lap, and into his backpack that he was now zipping up.

 

Kyuhyun then focused all of his attention back to his game, as Ryeowook stared at him in wonder.

 

He turned his phone back on again, and tapped on the twitter app.

 

Donghae had yet to respond back to him, which was surprising, but Ryeowook was happy about it at the same time, it meant that the other male was getting the sleep that he needed.

 

get me two tickets to Seattle as quick as possibly- my hearts not broken but its about to burst with emotion#sendhalllp #halp #help #HELP ME

 

“Ryeowook let’s go.” Kyuhyun said in a quiet voice, already standing looking down at the other. Ryeowook turned his phone off and shoved it into his bag, and got up. The duo went into the classroom, taking their normal seats, Ryeowook near the window with Kyuhyun next to him.

 

While Kyuhyun took out everything that he for this class, Ryeowook looked out the window trying to keep his emotions in check.

 

When Kyuhyun looked away from the window, he found papers in front of him, blank, with the words ‘Notes’ written neatly at the top, along with the date and the class. When he looked over to Kyuhyun, he saw him doing the same on all of his notes, only stopping when he noticed that Ryeowook was staring at him.

 

“You don’t mind right?” Kyuhyun asked, his face become red, eye’s looking at him with gleams of happiness in them.

 

“I, um, no thank you for that notes Kyukyu.” Ryeowook said with a smile, and Kyuhyun’s face went ever redder as he went back to labeling all of his notes, as he bit his lower, plump, soft lip-

 

Ryeowook shook his head slightly, his own face becoming red, and went back to looking at the paper in front of him.

 

Their professor, Mr. Adams arrived into class with a booming voice, and a bright smile. He collected all the homework that was assigned, and then with a bright smile told everyone that there was a pop quiz today, all Ryeowook did was put his head on his desk, and groaned softly as Kyuhyun gave him another concerned look.


Today was not his day.


a/n i hope that you enjoyed.

i actually enjoy this universe a lot that i decided to create,

jongwoon and ryeowook are twins that live with heechul currently, just clearing that up.

i hope that everyone has had a good day so far.

it's finally october 1st here, TIME TO GET SPOOKY!!!,

just yes, i hope that everyone has had a good day, and expect some kind of update from me soon.

with that being said, it's 2am so sorry for any bad grammar or spelling mistakes.

i need to sleep but i can't because of midterms that are coming up.

- r