Not a goodbye

Why won't you love me?

Did i say three-shot?? I meant four shot.. I think, i dont kno im terrible at math. Anyways slight warning about bullying and slight gender role and such, im not sure how people will react so. You were warned, its not that big though, its a huge thing that bullying should stop so take it from someone who experienced bullying and don't do it. Make sure to help stop bullying. Enjoy~


 

After the outburst, Baekhyun made it very clear that he did not want anything to do with Chanyeol.

 
Jongin was confused, Baekhyun is actually clinging to him and not the opposite. He was also really confused that Baekhyun stopped attending anime club and opted to watch him practuce with the dance team.
 
"Baekkie? I love you but don't you have club activities today?" Jongin asked on a fine Thursday at the dance room. 
 
"Hmm, why? You don't want me here?" Baekhyun pouted, showing his puppy eyes.
 
Jongin pinched his cheek, cooing. "Aigoo, I love it when you're here watching me but I also don't want you to miss out on anything." Baekhyun hummed, understanding and stood up to go to his club meeting.
 
"Well, I should get going then." Baekhyun relunctantly got up, but grabbed Jongin's hand as he exited out of the room.
 
"Kiss?" Baekhyun asked puckering his lips and standing on his tippy toes, Jongin chuckled and leaned down to peck Baekhyun's lips. 
 
Baekhyun, somewhat satisfied with the kiss, hugged Jongin and left. The latter dazily watched his lover stroll through the empty hallway.
 
A head popped out of the door. "Yo captain, stop with the googly eyes and help me with the new members." Yixing said with a slight accent. Jongin smiled and headed inside the dance studio.
 
-------
 
Baekhyun took his time to head to the clubroom, now he really did not want to go to anime club. Don't get him wrong, he still loves anime and all its relatable quotes and such but seeing Chanyeol after being so disrespectful? How can he?
 
"Ah Baekhyun ssi, you're late. Chanyeol oppa told me to find you." One of the club members, Hayi, came as he was about to turn the corners. 
 
"Hayi, there's no need to be so formal just call me your oppa too or else I would be sad." Baekhyun said pouting. Hayi giggled and nodded her head as the two headed to the clubroom.
 
When they reached the room, the rest of the members and the president looked up. Hayi blushed, not liking the attention and hurried her way to her seat.
 
Baekhyun felt stares as he headed to his seat.
 
Chanyeol stared then realized what he hs been doing, he coughed. "Now that everyone is here, I would like to talk about the sleepover here tomorrow." Chanyeol continued on. They discussed who will bring snacks, movies, anything that will allow the club members to know each other more as friends.
 
As always Baekhyun now ignore his presence , always finding something to do or talking someone that isn't Chanyeol. That annoyed the latter. 
 
Of course he knew it was his fault, he should have accepted Baekhyun's feelings but how could he when he didn't like the boy in that way? Well now he knew. 
 
Baekhyun is handsome, beautiful as well. His eyes that crinkle when he smiles, it unconsciously made Chanyeol smile too. The problem with Baekhyun is that he is too reserved.
 
He shows off his love for anime because.. Well everyone has at least went through such a great phase and no one would really hide it now that it has become more widely known in Korea as well as other countries.
 
Overall, Chanyeol knew nothing about Baekhyun and this sleepover will change it. 
 
Hopefully.
 
 
When the clock hit 4 pm, everyone gathered their belongings and the expected knock came. 
 
"Oh, hyung I think your boyfriend is here!" Sungjong, one of the members, announced. It became a routine that once the clock hits 4, Jongin would pick Baekhyun up. At first Baekhyun was embarrassed that someone would actually do that for him but eventually it is expected. 
 
"Neh! Thank you Sungjong." Baekhyun waved goodbye to the members saying that he will leave first and headed out with Jongin. 
 
----
 
"Hyung~ I wanna go to the sleepover too." Jongin had whined once again as they headed home. After finding out a week ago that Baekhyun is attending the sleepover for the anime club, Jongin had been on edge.
 
What will happen if Chanyeol tried to make a move on his Baekhyunnie? Baekhyun would probably break up with him to be with his forst love.
 
Jongin knows that Chanyeol has garnered feelings for his bae and after their encounter earlier, he knows Chanyeol will want Baekhyun for himself.
 
"Jongin? Why are you suddenly so quiet?" He heard Baekhyun ask, he turned his head to face the latter.
 
"Hmm, nothing. Just thinking about the future." 
 
"Well don't do that, enjoy yourself right now, the future can wait." Baekhyun said while staring at the road ahead of him. Jongin hummed, he s his arms around the shorter's waist.
 
"I love you Baekhyunnie!" He suddenly said, it took Baekhyun by surprise but smiled anyways.
 
"I love you too." He whispered just enough to make Jongin crack a small smile.
 
Once they arrived at Baekhyun's home, Jongin decided to help Baekhyun pack for their little sleepover.
 
"Jongin! I told you once and I will say it again. Stop replacing my pyjamas with clothes meant for winter!" Baekhyun scolded the dancer after the nth time the latter kept unpackig Baekhyun's clothes.
 
Jongin pouted and relunctantly put Baekhyun's pjs back. As Baekhyun continued searching for his mangas, Jongin decided to not interfere anymore. 
 
He doesn't understand why his stomach kept leaping, like something's going to happen but he doesn't know when or how. 
 
Looking through the closet, Baekhyun found a scarf. Not the one Chanyeol gave him but the one Jongin did, Baekhyun grinned as an idea popped in his head.
 
He snuck up behind an unsuspecting Jongin who was now lying on his stomach on Baekhyun's bed, he held the urge to laugh.
 
Jongin opened one eye, feeling something. He turned his head and saw a grinning red faced Baekhyun with a scarf, it looked like the shorter was going to try to prank him.
 
"Yah! It's not fair, I was going to scare you for the first time." Baekhyun's plan of attack was ruined, the amount of times Jongin had scared him playfully made him want to get a little revenge but now that wasn't going to happen.
 
"Aww Baekkie hyung can't scare me~" Jongin smirked, he loved teasing Baekhyun to death. Sometimes Baekhyun is naive and playing around with him is too easy.
 
Baekhyun, tured of the teasing, lunged forward and attacked Jongin with tickles. Jongin burst out laughing, his weakness is tickling  and right now it looked like Baekhyun had the upper hand.
 
Jongin loves to win and that's exactly what he's going to do. Grabbing Baekhyun's wrist, he kept a strong hold and flipped their positions.
 
Baekhyun stopped laughing once he found their position, he struggled but Jongin's hand started roaming his sides and tickled the shorter.
 
Baekhyun, by now, had tears in his eyes from the excessive amount of laughing he has done. 
 
It was the best feeling ever. To just let go and not worry about anything.
 
Suddenly a knock came and the door opened, Baekboem appeared through the doorway and stopped to take a look at the younger ones position. 
 
He smirked. "I see you two are getting quite comfortable with each other." He teased, the two boys scrambled out of their current position with a blush. Baekboem cackled and told the boys that dinner is ready before walking away.
 
After dinner, Jongin went home. Baekhyun continued packing, he put the scarf back in the closet and proceeded to find his mangas.
 
 
It was Friday. That means 7-8 hours of school left until the anime club's sleepover.
 
The 7-8 hours left Chanyeol jittery, his attempts to talking to Baekhyun so far have been a failure, always ending up in an even worse predicament. He gave himself a pep talk and prepared for the rest of the school day.
 
One minute until the bell rings to signify that it's the weekend. Once the bell rang, students were out before you could say 'bye'. 
 
Baekhyun took his time and waited for Jongin to pick him up, the knock on his classroom door caught his attention. 
 
"Jongin wha--" Baekhyun's words were cut off when he saw the figure at the door. It wasn't Jongin but instead a group of 5 girls were gathering at the doorway.
 
"Waiting for Jongin oppa?" One of the girls spat. Baekhyun knew that it was one of Jongin's 'fans', he can tell because of the pins on each girls's skirts that had Jongin's name and the school dance team on it. 
 
"Ha ha ha, so it is true huh? Anime freak over here is dating our oppa." 
 
"I know, I think everyone here has been in denial that Jongin oppa actually likes this.. Thing." 
 
Comments after comments destroyed almost every hope that Baekhyun in his relationship with Jongin, he felt tears trickling down. 
 
The girls laughed at him for crying and showing his vulnerability.
 
"Look at him. With his head down, so rude. Maybe we should teach him a lesson girls." Baekhyun couldn't see but he knew the girls were heading his way. 
 
Baekhyun expected a lunch or hit or anything to come but nothing came, he looked up. One of the sunbae from Jongin's team had slapped one of the girls.
 
"You girls are lucky Baekhyun can't hit a girl, too bad that I'm not a boy." Hyoyeon, one of the female lead dancers in the team, said. The girls immediately left after their leader, Hyoyeon looked to see if Baekhyun is ok.
 
"Hey, are you alright?" She asked, Baekhyun nodded as tears kept rushing.
 
Hyoyeon was taken aback when Baekhyun suddenly hugged her, she didn't know the male would be so fragile. She whispered soothing words.
 
"Thank you. I'm sorry for my weakness, I will work on that." Baekhyu repeated, at least he admitted that he is, was, weak. 
 
Hyoyeon offered to walk Baekhyun out to his locker when Jongin suddenly appeared. His appearance dishevelled with his hair sticking up everywhere. "Baekhyun hyung!" He called.
 
Baekhyun looked up and immediately left Hyoyeon's side to run to Jongin.
 
"Hyung, sorry I was late. The teacher needed my help with some equipments for the gym." Jongin explained, Baekhyun shook his head and hugged the life out of the dancer to which the latter reciprocated.
 
Their moment ended as soon as they heard a giggle, Hyoyeon is still standing there with a flushed face.
 
"Omo, you two are so adorable." She squealed, fangirling. Baekhyunfelt himself blush and hid his head on Jongin's chest.
 
"Ah thank you noona! I'll see you at the dance studio in a while." Hyoyeon nodded.
 
"Oh Jongin ah, make sure to take care of your boyfriend there." Jongin looked down, slightly confused but didn't bother to know about now. Baekhyun will tell him in the near future. Hopefully. 
 
------
 
It is 8:35 pm exact. After some pizza and takeout, the club members decided to play games. For the past 4 and a half hours, it seemed like the members were getting along so well to the point where they decided to play teuth or dare.
 
 And we all know that truth or dare is a really personal game that you can paly with your best friends without your feelings getting hurt.
 
Baekhyun decided to sit out and be the person who gives the punishment instead. They played around 8 rounds, and Baekhyun is thankful that he didn't interact with Chanyeol as much. 
 
Finally the teacher supervisor told them it was getting close to midnight, so everyone headed to their sleeping bags and drifted off to sleep.
 
After checking that all the girls were in the other room with another female supervisor, Chanyeol and the male supervisor headed to their side.
 
All males, which is at least 65 percent of the club were all gathered around to tell ghost stories. Baekhyun found it intriguing how some of the members thought he would be scared. 
 
In fact, Baekhyun loves scary stories. After almost scaring the males of his creative story, the supervisor had called it a night. 
 
The boys in the room all scattered around, Baekhyun was near the window since the other guys decided that he was the fearless one of all.
 
He kept tossing and turning, it's too dark and too quiet. Chanyeol preferred sleeping with music on, but since the others probably don't like it, he couldn't play his music.
 
Baekhyun noticed a figure walking around, judging by his height it was probably Chanyeol or Jongsuk, another fellow member.
 
After realising that Jongsuk was at the other end of the room and the fact that large ears were prominent in the shadow that was illuminated  from the moon, Baekhyun had guessed it be Chanyeol.
 
"Pst, Chanyeol ssi?" He warily called out, the figure stopped his movements and stepped towards Baekhyun. Under the moonlight, Baekhyun could finally see that it really is Chanyeol.
 
"What are you doing up?" He asked, the taller male shrugged his shoulders.
 
"Couldn't sleep." He answered, Baekhyun thought for a moment.
 
"Move your sleeping bag next to mine, I can't sleep either." Chanyeol followed directions and went to grab his sleeping bag. He placed the bag bear Baekhyun's and tucked himself in. 
 
Both boys had their hands behind their heads as they stare at the ceiling.
 
"Promise that whatever we say in this room does not leave?" Chanyeol suddenly said after moments of silence. Baekhyun responded saying that he promises as well, Chanyeol turned his body to face Baekhyun.
 
"I'm sorry... For being an insensitive jerk, that is." Chanyeol started, Baekhyun turned his head to face Chanyeol.
 
"It's alright, I'm over it." Chanyeol knew then and there that his chances with Baekhyun are really slim.
 
"I'm just-- I guess I'm too late then huh?" Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol's orbs, he can see his own reflection in there. He also sees the regret and pain in Chanyeol's eyes.
 
"I guess so, I really like you Chanyeol but I found someone who just felt right to be with, he makes me happy." Chanyeol went on his back again and opted to stare at ceiling.
 
"I know he does, I can see it. But you know this isn't like I'm going to give up or anything, we still have a couple more years till graduation." Baekhyun smiled, he went into a sitting position and Chanyeol followed. Soon they were just inches away.
 
"I know we do and I know you won't give up but love is weird, I'm telling you now that if it's fate that we should be together then we will meet again. But for now, please don't wait for me.
 
I want you to live you life and date other people instead of waiting for someone like me." Chanyeol stared at the boy.
 
"I will do as you told me then, I love you Byun Baekhyun." Chanyeol whispered as he leaned closer. Baekhyun, surprised, tried to think of an explanation as to why Chanyeol siad those three words and why he is leaning closer to him.
 
"Chanyeol wait, I am faithful to Jongin." Chanyeol chuckled. 
 
"Don't worry, I know you are." But Chanyeol didn't stop his movements.
 
Baekhyun closed his eyes tight saying sorry to Jongin in his head, he felt a pair of soft lips.
 
They didn't meet his lips though.
 
They met his forehead.
 
Chanyeol leaned back. "Thank you for teaching me to love Byun Baekhyun." And with that, Chanyeol turned and drifted off to sleep. Leaving Baekhyun to ponder on what had just happened.
 
Baekhyun touched his forehead and smiled. 
 
Thank you for being my first love.
 
At that moment, Baekhyun knew he chose the right people to love.
 
 
The End.
 
---------
 
 
 
 
 
 
*Bonus*
 
 
 
 
They are 23 now, Chanyeol had a steady relationship once he started dating during the first year of University. Although it had lasted for only 13 months, it helped to get his mind away from his first love.
 
Baekhyun and Jongin had slightly grown apart. Baekhyun ended up taking teaching as his major while Jongin ended up being scouted by a company to become a choreograpgher. 
 
The couple had been so in love. But eventually they had a downfall and had a mutual break. Not an official breakup because the two will eventually come back to each other.
 
Baekhyun did tell Jongin about the forehead kiss and surprisingly Jongin wasn't mad, instead Jongin had said to him that 'as long as it wasn't on the lips then I'm fine.' That lead to a  heavy makeout session later to prove that Jongin is a better kisser.
 
 
One sunny summer day, Jongin had, out of the blue, asked Baekhyun to meet him at a cafe near Baekhyun's apartment. 
 
They were sitting face to face with each other, not daring to say anything.
 
Baekhyun took a sip from his iced tea, he knew what is about to go down. They haven't spoken to each other in 2 months, eventually a meeting will happen.
 
"You know how we never keep secrets from each other?" Jongin suddenly spoke, Baekhyun looked up and nodded. 
 
"I love you, and there is nothing in this world that would ever top our relationship." Baekhyun nodded at him to continue, he took a deep breathe to prepare himself.
 
"There is someone, he made me feel like what you made me feel. I think I like him." Baekhyun felt hot tears about to spill.
 
"I want a breakup Baekhyun hyung. I wanted to ask you if it's ok, I feel terrible that I liked someone when I am technically still dating you." Jongin grabbed his blonde hair, gripping it tight. 
 
"Jongin." Baekhyun spoke for the first time since they entered the cafe.
 
"I can't control your life, or your heart. I will respect your wishes, go to this person and tell him how you feel. I'm sure he will fell the same." Jongin leaned over the table to dry the tears that spilled, Baekhyun didn't even know that he started crying.
 
Jongin stood up and leaned down towards Baekhyun, he kissed him on the lips. There were no spraks this time.
 
"I will always love you ok?" Baekhyun nodded and showed an encouraging smile, although it hurt him.
 
"Go get you prince Jongin." With that Jongin left, leaving Baekhyun to himself.
 
It was 20 minutes after Jongin left, Baekhyun stared at his cup. Most of the ice has already disappeared, and the cafe shop is getting louder with rush hour.
 
There was a figure, he watched all that happened.
 
 The breakup, the kiss, the tears.
 
Deciding that seeing Baekhyun cry hurt him and left his table to comfort the man.
 
A figure loomed over Baekhyun, he looked up and his eyes widen.
 
"Ch-Chanyeol!" 
 
There, Chanyeol stood in all his handsomeness.
 
He handed Baekhyun a handkerchief and wiped the tears slowly building up again.
 
"Aigoo, a pretty person like you shouldn't cry this ugly." That comment recieved a smack in the head but also a hug.
 
Baekhyun has a crush. He is tall, lanky, has big ears, but an even bigger heart.
 
Baekhyun had a crush. Who tirned out to be his soulmate.