Chanyeol or Jongin

Why won't you love me?

 

Chanyeol hated it. 

 
The way Baekhyun stares longingly at Jongin, when they hold hands, or share their food. 
 
Everything that involved Jongin with Baekhyun killed him inside. 
 
Those words, Baekhyun noticed little things about him. The school doesn't even know Chanyeol played guitar, how can Baekhyun? 
 
Did Baekhyun really love him to know this? It's like borderline stalker but it showed that Baekhyun does care.
 
Why did he even doubt the smaller of his feelings? If Chanyeol could turn back time, he would be with Baekhyun by now holding hands and being in love.
 
But he can't, Jongin and Baekhyun. They are everywhere, it's like they're taunting him. Showing off what Chanyeol doesn't have, smiling like they are the only people in the world.
 
-----
 
It's Thursday. 
 
That means the anime club will meet up, and that means Baekhyun would be there as well. 
 
'Ok hold on Chan, there is just a couple of hours left until the meeting.' Chanyeol was jittery, the anime club meets today; Thursday. Hopefully there, Jongin won't be there. 
 
Coincidentally today was supposed to be important for the Dance team, that means no members can skip out.
 
Throughout each of his classes, Chanyeol had not been listening. He was too wrapped up to see Baekhyun and possibly talk to him about them. Together.
 
When the final bell rang, signifying the end of classes. Chanyeol dashed to his locker, gathered his things and headed off to the clubroom.
 
His peers definitely did not see a skip in his steps and the unusual humming of his baritone voice down the hall. Note the sarcasm. 
 
Jongin pleaded and Baekhyun cannot stand it. He pleaded, demanded, bribed even but Baekhyun will not budge.
 
"Hyung, let me come with you." Baekhyun rolled his eyes, the end of the day came and Jongin came bustling in his classroom asking to go to anime club with him. 
 
Of course there is a competition coming and today is the last practice before they head off to a different school to compete, but Jongin decided it would be best if he came to Baekhyun's club for "protection." 
 
"Jongin! You're setting a bad example for the rest of your team, you're the captain!" Baekhyun tried to reason with him but as he kept talking, the pout on Jongin's face kept getting cuter and he almost gave in. 
 
Almost.
 
"Technically co-captain." Jongin mumbled, Baekhyun pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.
 
"Listen, you cannot stay with me but you can walk me there." Jongin thought for a moment, 'if I walk Baekkie there then big ears would see.' He thought.
 
"Call." He relented and Baekhyun grinned knowing he won.
 
Baekhyun admits, the walk to the clubroom made his stomach churn but he has to face Chanyeol eventually. Jongin noticed Baekhyun's hand shaking visibly, worried, he took the latter's hand in his and gave him an encouraging smile. Baelhyun reciprocated the action and his stomach felt ten times lighter but it wasn't any good.
 
They arrived outside of the clubroom door, Jongin felt uneasy. If he were to leave then Baekhyun might feel something for Chanyeol again.
 
Baekhyun noticed this and leaned in to kiss Jongin's forehead, unfortunately or fortunately Jongin had looked up at the same time and their lips touched.
 
They pulled away slightly blushing at the event, then they heard a cough.
 
Chanyeol was there, glaring at the two of them. More specifically Jongin.
 
"Baek, the meeting's about to start. Hurry in." Chanyeol told Baekhyun, the latter gave one last glance at Jongin before heading inside.
 
As soon as Baekhyun got in, Chanyeol rolled his neck and sighed.
 
"Listen, I think you and Baekhyun being together is 'cute' but let's be clear. He will always remember his first love." Chanyeol spat, he isn't the mean type but jealousy ranged in him and couldn't help but to let it out.
 
Jongin smirked. "Yeah you may be his first love but let's not forget that You were the one who rejected him in the first place." That struck something in Chanyeol, he didn't comment back and Jongin took this as a sign of victory and left. 
 
------
 
Once he headed in, Chanyeol immediately started the meeting. It was just the usual, they were supposed to plan a sleepover slash movie night at school. Chanyeol stated that this was to get everyone to be comfortable around each other, noticing that most of the members usually ventured off whenever they have a free time. 
 
They decided on the movie to watch and who would bring snacks. Then they decided to have the rest of the time to chill and do whatever, while Chanyeol proposed the idea to the supervisor.
 
After an approval, Chanyeol decided to try to talk to Baekhyun again but this time he wanted to do it right.
 
"Hey Baek?" Baekhyun looked up, Chanyeol took a seat beside the petit boy. 
 
"Hello Chanyeol ssi, is there anything you need?" Baekhyun asked with utmost formality, something Chanyeol hates when he is speaking to the smaller.
 
"I'm sorry, for doubting your feelings for me. Like I said, I lead you on." Chanyeol started.
 
"And I probably don't deserve you but ever since that talk, I realized that I like you too. I mean I don't know, I have never experienced what it's like to love someone."
 
"What are you trying to say?" Baekhyun asked, not getting where this is going.
 
"I'm saying, I want you to teach me how to love. I really like you, it may not be the same as how you feel for me but I realized that you are special to me." Baekhyun stood up abrumptly, a slap resounded in the air and everyone in the clubroom stopped what they were doing to see. 
 
Chanyeol held onto his cheek, the sting from the slap didn't hirt but his heart did. 
 
Did Baekhyun just reject him?
 
"Pabo, I waited for this day to come. For you to like me back, I waited and waited. You don't like me, it's an illusion that tried to trick you." By now everyone was shocked, did someone just slap the president? And by the most respected person in the clubroom? 
 
Chanyeol stood up. "I deserve that, but why don't you spare Jongin's feelings by ending your relationship." Chanyeol scoffed.
 
"I'm delusional? Oh please, you're using Jongin as a rebound. I'm not stupid to see that, I know you still love." By now everyone got up and left quietly, vowing to never say anything as to not spread other people's business.
 
"Yes! I still love you but Jongin, he actually cared for me and definetly loves me more than you ever will. I'm learning to love, I'm not experienced either but Jongin helped me." With that Baekhyun gathered his things and left, leaving Chanyeol alone in the room.