Anime club president

Why won't you love me?

It was during his second year of high school, Baekhyun has a crush.

 
He was the head of the anime club, but that wasn't the reason why Baekhyun joined the club in the first place. Baekhyun is what some people might say "typical anime otaku" or "the weird freak", due to the reason he loved wearing oversized clothes along with his signature black framed glasses. 
 
Baekhyun acted like his life was in an anime, maybe that's why his peers thought he was crazy. But the anime club, with only 15 members signed up and are actually dedicated to attend every meeting, thought he is brave for being who he is. 
 
It was the second week of anime club since its first official opening, the usual meeting about what they are going to do for the club. He walked in; tall, handsome yet somehow still looking like a child. Baekhyun looked up from his manga, hearing a commotion. 
 
The president and founder of the anime club stumbled in and somehow hit his knee against a table, Baekhyun chuckled at his clumsiness and continued reading his manga.
 
Baekhyun has a crush, his name is Park Chanyeol.
 
Park Chanyeol. President and founder of anime club, clumsy yet is part of the basketball team as well. 
 
No one would have guessed he founded the anime club, they would have guessed it be Baekhyun. 
 
Chanyeol stood at a towering 1.85m, that's shorter than the captain of the Basketball team but still taller than most of the student body. 
 
He loves anime, basketball, and is in the honour roll. He is your perfect guy, great with the student body as well. 
 
Maybe that's why Baekhyun has a crush on him.
 
Eventually, after every Thurdays, Baekhyun decided he liked the tall president. Not because of his looks but because he learned that Chanyeol is passionate. About basketball, his grades, and yes, even anime. 
 
But that's not all, Baekhyun learned that Chanyeol loves music, he is caring, and friendly. Baekhyun noticed a lot of things that Chanyeol might not have noticed about himself. It might come off as creepy but Baekhyun likes him. He knows it's not a crush anymore. 
 
"Hey Yeol, we have a meeting today don't be late." Calls Kris as he walks out of the classroom just as the bell rings.
 
Chanyeol nods, it's Thursday. 
 
Baekhyun enters the anime club with a bright smile, he sits and waits for the president. 
 
Chanyeol enters. "Guys, sorry but I think we might have to cancel today's meeting. I have a basketball thing to attend to." Then he leaves.
 
Baekhyun looks down while walking up the pathway to the garden, his mom can't pick him up until 5. It's only 3:30 pm. 
 
Baekhyun decides to head to the garden, he brings his jacket closer to provide more heat. A chilly October wind brushed along his reddening cheeks, he sees the school gymnasium.
 
It is just to warm himself up, but as he enters the gym, he sees a sweaty Chanyeol running around with a basketball in hand and ready to shoot.
 
Baekhyun stays until the end, texting his mom that he can take the bus instead.
 
Chanyeol's team won in the end, everyone cheering and whistling. One of the teammates Sehun, who Baekhyun recalls from math class, made the winning shot. And a boy who faintly resembles a deer runs up to hug him. 
 
As the team was whistling at Sehun and his, Baekhyun assumes, lover. Baekhyun walks out into the cold, ready to walk to the nearest bus stop. 
 
Halfway from his walk, he hears someone calling his name. Baekhyun turns around and his heart beats, it was Chanyeol. He was in his school uniform again but with a jacket and scarf, Baekhyun wished he didn't forget his scarf so he could be warm too. 
 
Chanyeol reached Baekhyun, panting erratically from all the running. What is basketball used for if Chanyeol still struggles to run a couple of metres from Baekhyun? 
 
"Hey, I've been calling you for the past few minutes now." Chanyeol stood straight and Baekhyun has to crane his neck up to see his face. 
 
To Baekhyun, time stopped. He notices Chanyeol's messy hair, his eyes trails to Chanyeol's nose and lips. He sees them moving but he can't hear a thing Chanyeol is saying. 
 
"-hyun, Baek. The bus just passed us. Let's go." Chanyeol says as he proceeds to grab Baekhyun's wrist and drags him to the bus stop, it was too late though as the bus left. Chanyeol lets go of his wrist, Baekhyun's cheeks become red even more as the cold air got to him. 
 
Chanyeol notices the red tints on Baekhyun's cheeks. "Aish, this is what happens if you don't bring a scarf or hat with you." Chanyeol removes his scarf and puts it around Baekhyun's neck, covering his nose.
 
It was a cliche scene, but Baekhyun has always dreamed it would hapen to him when he first saw it on an anime show he vaguely remembers the name to.
 
They sat there on the bench waiting for the bus, it's awkward. 
 
"Were you watching the game? Today I mean. We did good right? And Luhan, he looked ready to jump Sehun when he shot the winning basket." Chanyeol laughed, trying to ease the situation. Baekhyun looked up at him and saw the way Chanyeol's eyes crinkle when he smiles.
 
"Yeah, it's a good game. You played great as well." He replied, Chanyeol hummed. Pleased that he got Baekhyun to respond to him. 
 
That night, Baekhyun jumps on his bed hugging the scarf then drifted off to sleep, dreaming of a certain giant. 
 
It was the day Baekhyun realized he loves Chanyeol. 
 
With the scarf in hand, Baekhyun enters his second period class; Chemistry. 
 
'You can do it Byun! Don't be a chicken and just give him his scarf back!' Baekhyun gave himself a pep talk before walking to Chanyeol's seat, as he neared Chanyeol, who was reading, a group of guys came up to the latter. Baekhyun at that moment decided to change course and would give it to him after school. 
 
Chemistry bored Baekhyun, what's there to learn if he already knew how to create an explosion or H2O meant water. Matter and other scientific stuff, its all child's play. What Baekhyun wants to learn is if Chanyeol liked him or not, is that too much to ask? 
 
Finally the bell rang, everyone rushed out of the classroom to head for lunch or their other classes. Baekhyun took his time, humming occassionally to himself. 
 
"Nice voice there Byun." Baekhyun stopped humming and turned around, he saw the Dance team's president: Kim Jongin. 
 
Beautiful bronze skin, full lips (not that Baekhyun was staring), and perfect everything just like Chanyeol, minus the height. Although he is a lot like Chanyeol, he still towered Baekhyun by a couple of centimetres.
 
One thing Baekhyun noticed as well is, Kim Jonging isn't Park Chanyeol.
 
"Thanks. Nice body." As soon as that came out, Baekhyun immediately regretted it. He thought punishing himself by hitting his head with the big chemistry textbook, until he hears Jongin chuckle. 
 
"Why thank you, judging by that comment you watch some of my competition?" Jongin asked as they stolled out of the classroom together. 
 
They continued talking, mostly Jongin teasing Baekhyun that the latter might be harbouring feelings for him, to which Baekhyun became a spluttering mess. At the end, Jongin ruffles his hair as he groups with his other friends. 
 
Baekhyun is definetly not affected by it. 
 
-----
 
Baekhyun is starightforward when it comes to his feelings, but Chanyeol comes in and everything in his head becomes a mess. 
 
He never did return the scarf until the end of anime club before Christmas break.
 
Everyone in the clubroom were handing each other presents before leaving, Baekhyun waited until everyone left.
 
Park Chanyeol was the last person to go, Baekhyun saw this as a chance. 
 
"Umm, Chanyeol ssi?" He asked in a soft voice, Chanyeol looked up to see Baekhyun at the doorway.
 
"Oh Baekhyun ah, forget the formalities. We're classmates and are in the same age, anyways, what's up?" Baekhyun nods and handed him a big box with a bow on top.
 
"I know it isn't technically a present but I kept forgetting to give it back to you." Chanyeol opens the box to reveal his scarf, he takes it out with a smile and places it around Baekhyun.
 
"I heard it was going to snow today, the first snow of the season too." Chanyeol secures the scarf around Baekhyun. 
 
"Come on, I'll walk you home. I really wanna see the first snow fall and taking the bus would kill the fun of it." With that, Chanyeol takes another scarf from his bag and wraps it around himself. It's similar to Baekhyun's. 
 
"What about this scarf?" Baekhyun asks, blushing as he remembers Chanyeol's fingers subtly brushing against his cheeks.
 
"Ah, you can keep it. It suits you well, plus my grandmother always makes two just in case I lose one so you better take care of it alright?" Baekhyun smiles at Chanyeol's attempt to be strict, so does Chanyeol.
 
Baekhyun knows he has to confess now. 
 
Just as they neared Baekhyun's place, a lone snowflake falls gently on top of Baekhyun's nose. He gasps and so does Chanyeol. 
 
"Look Baek, I told you it's much better if we see snowflakes falling rather than seeing it on the bus!" Exclaimed Chanyeol, Baekhyun looks up to see more snowflakes dancing in the wind. 
 
'This is it Baek, just tell him you love him!' Baekhyun takes a deep breath and breathes out seeing smoke come out of his mouth. 
 
"Chanyeol.." He calls out slowly, the giant stops staring at the sky and makes eye contact with Baekhyun. Immediately the latter blushes,
 
"Hey, are you alright? We're almost at your place, you look red. What's wrong?" Chanyeol says as he feels Baekhyun's forehead for signs of a cold. 
 
"I'm fine, umm." Baekhyun reminds himself that it's better to confess now and get it over with. 
 
He takes another deep breath, Chanyeol waits to see what the smaller is about to tell him.
 
"I like you."