3/3

The Fugitives
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“We are likely to reach Woollim by tomorrow. My room is right at the end of the corridor. Should anything happen, just scream.” They have checked-in a different hotel and this time, the two of them got separate rooms. Myungsoo kindly accompanies Sungjong to his, even though the younger refuses to face him along the way, but at least he’s talking to him, just that with his back facing him since the younger is walking ahead of him.

 

 

 

“Very well, I understand.” Sungjong still sounds cold as ever, so Myungsoo decides to confront him about it.

 

 

 

“You are angry with me, aren’t you?” Sungjong flinched. Myungsoo smirks. But he isn't happy about it. Gotcha.

 

 

 

Well, Sungjong can’t just directly tell him that he doesn’t know how to face Myungsoo right now, right? Not when he has this messed up emotions bubbling up inside of him.

 

 

 

“It’s alright. The road ahead is one-way and it is not so dangerous, close to home.” Myungsoo quietly walks a step inside Sungjong’s room. “In other words, we shall part on our own ways after tonight. You will never have to see me again.” He said with a somehow sad expression on his face.

 

 

 

Sungjong abruptly turns to face the older. No, that’s not…!

 

 

 

Myungsoo luckily gets his composure back before he raises his eyebrows at him in shock. “W-what?”

 

 

 

“Ah… Uhm…” Why did he think that?

 

 

 

Though, in the end, Sungjong just gave Myungsoo a forced smile. “Never mind. Let’s just do that, shall we?”

 

 

 

Myungsoo inwardly frowns. He doesn’t know why, but more likely from disappointment. That Sungjong agrees with him about parting their own ways.

 

 

 

“All right.” He says quietly and closes the door behind him, not after he gives a last glance on Sungjong.

 

 

 

“Good night, Chorongie.”

 

 

 

“Good bye, L.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sungjong knows that from the start that their relationship right now is going to end at one point in time. Still, he finds it strange.

 

It has not even ended yet, but he has started to miss the lives of L and Chorong.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wait… How in the world did I end up here?” Sungjong questions himself when he finds himself standing at the end of the corridor, right in front of Myungsoo’s room.

 

 

He turns back in haste.

 

 

 

“What shall I say if I enter his room in the absence of danger? It is not really as if we could ever meet again.” Sungjong shudders at how frightening what one person can do unconsciously.

 

 

And now, he can’t help but sadly accept the fact that they will simply return to the way they were once…

 

Enemies.

 

 

 

“Not a sound.” Someone just got a gun pointed on his back. “Put your hands up, Lee Sungjong.”

 

 

 

Damn!!! It's the police!

 

 

 

Sungjong did as he was told, slowly raised both of his hands up, though he still tried to beg the police for mercy. With a puppy face, nonetheless. “I  tell you this, but I am innocent. Even though you are not likely to believe me…”

 

 

 

“Telling us a lie will not help you.” Sungjong inwardly scoffs in disbelief. A lie, is it? Sigh. I knew this was going to happen.

 

 

 

“It is a blessing that the proprietor informed us of your location. Had you managed to leave the country, the capture would have proven difficult.” The gun has left his back now, however it is still pointed at him at a short distance.

 

 

 

“The man named Kim Myungsoo is with you, correct? And that must be his room. Call him hither! Not a word about us!” The police began to push Sungjong back to Myungsoo’s room.

 

 

 

Sungjong glared at the police slightly. “What if I refuse?”

 

 

 

 

The police inwardly scoffs. The nerve of this thief! “Do you want to be shot?”

 

 

 

“Yes! Understood!”

 

 

 

The police was taken aback. And here he thought this one here will put up a fight a lot. “You are quite obedient…” Well who would want to be shot anyway?

 

 

See, this is what happens the moment Sungjong is left on his own.

 

If Myungsoo had not been protecting him all along…

 

 

 

Knock, knock.

 

 

 

“Sorry to bother you at this late hour, but I have something to say.” Sungjong takes a deep breath, mustering all of his courage.

 

 

 

“I love you very much.” The police behind him almost choke on his saliva and pokes his gun at Sungjong in annoyance, to remind him that he can shoot him any time. Sungjong swallows the lump in his throat.

 

 

 

He knocks again. “I am madly in love with you!”

 

 

 

From now on, please escape by yourself.

 

For taking my hand,

 

For playing through this distressing lovers’ farce,

 

For saying those worthless words of love…

 

This is the least I can do to return the favor.

 

 

 

“Listen to me. I am madly in love with you!”

 

 

 

Do you understand?

Please run and save yourself.

 

 

 

“I am madly in love with you!”

 

 

 

I was happy you tried to save me.

So thank you for protecting me.

I

Please log in to read the full chapter