The Surprise Event

"Love Game"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh, what’s up?” Yeongkwang opened the door for Soohyuk. He went to Yeongkwang’s house to talk. Soohyuk just coolly gave him a friendly hug and went inside. Yeongkwang was confused that his eyes became like that. Soulless.

Soohyuk sat in the sofa, in the living room and later Yeongkwang joined in. Yeongkwang looked at him curious as he saw Soohyuk was zoning out. There must be something wrong with him. “Hey,” Yeongkwang called him carefully. Soohyuk saw him blankly. “What happened?” he asked carefully and Soohyuk gave him his weak smile.

“Got hurt,” he said.

“Girls problem?” Yeongkwang guessed and Soohyuk lightly nodded his head. “What happened?”

“Well, I don’t know if I’m wrong too, but I hugged her because I wanted to,” he suddenly flowed. “And she said that she took that hug as an accident,” he said. “I’m hurt.”

Yeongkwang nodded, understood the situation. “Then, what do you want to do?” he asked and Soohyuk raised his shoulders.

“I stepped back at her when she went closer, asking me what happened,” he told him. “It must be a shock for her too because that was the first time I avoid her,” Yeongkwang nodded once again. He carefully listened.

“What do you want from her?” Yeongkwang carefully and gently asked.

Soohyuk looked at him. “I don’t know,” he answered honestly. “I just…” he couldn’t say it in words. “Well, maybe my deeds were wrong to her so she thought of me like that,” he continued. “I show her too much affection but it doesn’t mean anything to her.”

“Or maybe she was surprised so she didn’t know what to do,” Yeongkwang said his opinion. “That girl sometimes isn’t good enough in conveying her feelings, she didn’t even realize her own feelings,” he explained. “Why don’t you show her your honesty?”

Soohyuk looked at him again and shook his head. “Impossible,” he said hopelessly.

“Just try it once again,” Yeongkwang’s advised making him think more. But thinking back that Yejin could avoid him more that made him heaved a long breath. It was hard. Dealing with her in this way was hard. But he didn’t even regret the challenge he said to her days ago, then he knew what to do.

Yejin started her first fan-meeting and fan-signing on Monday. The line was long and she was grateful at the same time to see her fans. This could make her forget on what happened last week.

The line was closed until 5pm and the fan-signing would not be closed at that time, she had to finish the whole line for hours.

The fan-signing was started on-time because she hated tardiness. Glad the publisher ran this well and managed the problems well so she couldn’t complain to them. Yejin greeted the fans one by one kindly and she accepted their presents, put it under the table. When the presents were stacked, Sooyoung and Hyeonmu moved them one by one. Yejin also took a picture with her fans as well if they asked her.

“Eonnie!” her fans was amazed seeing her and all excited, just like a normal fans. Yejin opened the front page and signed it. “The model is handsome!” the girl fan commented and Yejin just laughed. “I hope he will do the fan-signing with you!” she said.

“Ya! You’re coming here for me or what?” Yejin jokingly nagged at her and the fan was chuckling. Yejin chuckled as well. “Here you are,” she gave the book back. Inside, she was surprised that her fans mentioned about him.

All thing was done until 5pm and the team moved. With the helpers, they brought the presents into Hyeonmu’s car. Since these weeks was filled with fan-signing, so Yejin decided to use Hyeonmu’s car for a week.

“Presents, presents, presents~,” Sooyoung hummed along. They went to their office to open up the presents. “I like it,” she said, because there were always Sooyoung’s presents in the middle of Yejin’s presents.

“I heard the fans talked about Soohyuk all the time,” Hyeonmu coolly commented even though he knew from Sooyoung’s story something was not right between them. Sooyoung was nervous, she wanted to glare at him but she couldn’t, she just acted like she didn’t know anything.

Yejin looked to the window, “Yeah, I heard it too,” she answered with a low voice and Hyeonmu looked Yejin’s expression from the rearview mirror and he just looked at her blank expression, without nothing to be concluded from it.

Sooyoung poked Hyeonmu and glared at him for bringing sensitive topics. Because Hyeonmu talked about him, Yejin remembered what happened last week. They hadn’t talked since then and Yeongkwang didn’t tell anything about him too for her, like he did for the last two weeks even she didn’t ask for it.

The days went on just like that with fan-signing. Yeongkwang once in a while called her, asked how she was doing, how the fan-signing was going, but he didn’t even mention about Soohyuk. Not that she was anticipating Soohyuk but it was just weird that she hadn’t heard about him for days.

On Friday, she was just tired. The team went back to the office and straight to Yejin’s room. As soon as they came inside, Yejin laid in the sofa with Sooyoung and Hyeonmu sat down too on the sofa across her and they laid their heads against it. She was just tired and wanted to sleep. Her energy was getting low and for four days she kept hearing her fans mentioning his name. That was tiring also because it made her think what happened last week. She wasn’t sure whether she had to call him or not.

“Let’s just go home and unwrapped the presents next week,” Sooyoung sleepily suggested. They all went silent for minutes.

“Let’s do that,” Hyeonmu said. Yejin also agreed. They decided to spend the night in the office. They always had some piece of clothes and the bathroom already had toothpaste, each soap for each person, and their own towels. There were still 2 days left until the fan-signing would be officially over.

They spent the night, Sooyoung bought breakfast for all of them and Yejin prepared tea and coffee. Hyeonmu woke up late and he washed his face right after that. They gathered in the small dining table set by Hyeonmu. The morning went quietly and neatly, without big ruckus. And they would have a fan-signing in evening, since Saturday evening was the best time.

“Let’s spend the day all out,” Hyeonmu said. “With that, I’m going to sleep again,” he went back to his room.

Yejin washed the dishes and Sooyoung went to her room, started unwrapping the presents. She was interested in the presents. Minutes later Yejin joined her unwrapping the presents. There were presents for Hyeonmu, Sooyoung, and herself. They did that until afternoon and Hyeonmu bought them lunch.

Their activities were so simple until they started prepping up for the fan-signing. Hyeonmu didn’t take a long time, the girls as usual. After an hour, they went to designated place and got ready to do the fan-signing.

Soohyuk knew from Yeongkwang that Yejin got her fan-signing event for the whole week and he knew that Yejin didn’t ask about him to Yeongkwang. He intended for Yeongkwang to not tell anything about him to her for a moment. He got his own plans.

He got photo shoot schedule for the day and a company’s after party, just eating. Maybe he should spend the time longer so he could forget about her for a moment. But how could he forget her? She was all in his mind right then. He was confused on how to approach her, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter