Final

Diving Too Deep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunghoon was shaking inside, his nerves catching up to him. He was an actor but he couldn't hide the inner fanboy when he saw Yuri in the arena. He was a good swimmer and he knew but now that his idol was in the same area as him, he wanted to do even better than usual.

Yuri was laughing with Jisuk and the rest, trying to warm up to one another. She couldn't hide the amazement in her eyes when the first group of swimmers came out, the one in the third lane appealing to her. He had that typical cocky look on his face, thinking he was higher than anyone else but instead of being put off by it, it attracted her even more.

 

“Wow, he's really fast…” Minhyuk said, his eyes widening at Sunghoon's terrifying speed.

Yuri nodded in agreement, her eyes not once moving from Lane 3. She was a little turned off by his cold look but decided that they would be a team sooner or later so why not try to look at the positive areas instead of negative ones?

From that day, Sunghoon was chosen to be a fixed member.

His heart leaped from his chest as he threw himself on his bed, thinking about the angel he had seen atthe arena today. It was SNSD's Yuri, he shouldn't be reacting to her this way but it wasn't exactly his choice anyway, what could he do?  

 

Sunghoon smiled, replaying that memory in his mind. Yuri was beautiful and she looked like a goddess even when she swam, how was that even possible? In fact, swimming brings out the charm Yuri had even more. He loved the way Yuri reacted to Jaeyoon's body - her cheeks always unconsciously turned pink when the members for peeking. 

Today they were up against a family of swimmers. Being the ace, he was going to swim last against Bang Gibeom. He wasn't nervous at first but their team was counting on him to tie up the loose ends. He usually had no problem controlling his nerves but today was an exception. 

He had watched proudly as Yuri did her backstroke beautifully, hoping this moment wouldn't ever end. He didn't mean it in a erted way, he just wanted to admire her for as long as possible. Minhyuk was sitting beside him, watching Yuri as well.

“She's good...”

Sunghoon looked at Minhyuk - this guy had become fast friends with Yuri over the span of two recordings. He wanted to be able to do that as well, Yuri was adorable and she had a good heart. 

“YES!!!!!” Hodong shouted, yet another win for their team. Yuri had done well although it was against a little girl, she had broken her own record. 

It was a long wait but his turn was finally here. He looked at his opponent, Bang Gibeom already looked like an amazing swimmer but whatever it is, he had to win this for the team. 

 

-

 

It came as a huge shock to everyone, to him as well. He had lost to Bang Gibeom. He shouldn't have lost, he couldn't have. Sunghoon sunk back into the water, his eyes shutting tightly as he tried to get a grip on reality. He could see the expressions on 's faces, their shocked ones mirrored his own. 

Yuri was staring at him wide-eyed yet underneath that exterior, she was truly worried for him. She knew Sunghoon had high expectations for himself and he was betting on himself to win that 50m. 

“I lost?” Sunghoon asked and forced a chuckle when Hodong nodded, getting out of the water.

Minhyuk handed him a bottle of water, “It's okay. You did well.” Sunghoon nodded thankfully and handed Minhyuk the bottle, walking towards the bench. 

He tapped Yuri's back and was taken aback to see the look of worry on her face, “Are you okay? You did really well, don't think too much about it.”

Yuri's smile seemed to take all his bitterness away, her words comforting his raging and disappointed heart. Maybe for once, a sleepless night wouldn't seem so bad. 

 

Yuri was on her way out from the arena with Sean and Jisuk, all looking around for Sunghoon. She didn't know how to comfort him, especially when she herself usually hated losing but to her - it also served as a lesson. Sunghoon might not think of it that way. 

“Where's Sunghoon-oppa?” Yuri asked the PD. “I'm not sure either. I didn't see him leave the arena though. If you see him, try and cheer him up? He's really down by that loss.” PD looked a little apologetic as well, making Yuri's heart feel even heavier. 

Jisuk had also asked Yuri to stay with Sunghoon, their supper could happen any other time. Right now, Sunghoon needed someone and that someone would be Yuri. None of them were blind, they could see the look in Sunghoon's eyes when he looked at Yuri. 

“Sunghoon-oppa?” Yuri called out, seeing a figure lying on the wooden bench. 

Sunghoon lifted his head a little and saw Yuri approaching the bench, “Hey. Did you leave something behind?”

Yuri shook her head and sat beside Sunghoon, the two sitting in awkward silence. Sunghoon could hear his heart beat in his ears, ready to pump its way out of his chest. Yuri didn't know what to do, she was usually comfortable hanging out with males but why was she so nervous around Sunghoon? 

“Were you looking for me?”

“I... I just wanted to tell you that you did well today. Sometimes, losing isn't a bad thing - it gives you strength to do better and perhaps, make your skills more emphasized.” Yuri said. 

“Wow, that's....”

Yuri blushed a little, hearing a little awe in his voice, “It's just something Taeyeon always tells me when I lose a competition and I feel sore about it…”

Sunghoon can't help but release a chuckle at Yuri's random bout of bashfulness. 

 

Did he say she was cute?

Screw that, she was ing adorable.

 

“Thanks, Yuri. I'll keep that in mind...”

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

“Today's my third last episode of Cool Kiz...” Yuri pouted, her heart feeling pained that she had to leave her new-found family. 

Sunghoon was the most upset one, of course. Ever since he saw Yuri enter the swimming arena, his heart started beating faster than its normal rate. At first, he thought it was probably beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter