Deux.

Grand Pas de Deux

2.

Angry is an understatement. Jongin is positively fuming, a boiling pot of rage as he watches Yixing and Krystal dance in step. A perfect pas de deux. They step in time, every move as elegant as the last. Jongin seethes at the sight, his eye burning holes into Yixing as he twirls Krystal into his arms, their faces close. He realizes that Yixing’s form is impeccable and that he never stood a chance at the role as nutcracker. It makes the hatred he holds for the man stronger and he hopes that Yixing makes a wrong move. One wrong step so that his ankle twists and snaps.

He doesn't.

"I don't understand," Jongin complains, fingers tightening around his cup of bubble tea and it makes Sehun wince.

"At least drink it," He says in annoyance.

"You're not even listening," Jongin sighs, "His moves are perfect, it's impossible to compete with."

"Maybe he's a robot," Sehun mumbles as he on the tapioca pearls of his choco bubble tea.

Jongin groans, "You're no help."

"What am I supposed to say?" Sehun asks after swallowing down the pearls, "There's nothing you can do about Yixing being a better dancer except for more practice."

"Again, that's not helpful."

"Are you going to drink that or what?" Sehun asks, eyeing the bubble tea and all Jongin can do is sigh and push the beverage towards his friend.

Sehun delights in the second drink and chugs the last of his choco bubble tea to make room for the strawberry one. He chews on a bubble and smiles to himself at the new taste. Jongin rolls his eyes, but it makes him breathe out his nose in a laugh.

"Why don't you ask him to help you?" Sehun suggests and he's oblivious to the glare on Jongin's face as he watches the pearls travel up his straw, nearly cross-eyed.

"I don't need Zhang Yixing's help," he growls, but he briefly wonders what Yixing's hands would feel like on his hips as they sway together in tandem.

❦❦❦

“He stares at you an awful lot,” Luhan whispers while he and Yixing both stretch at the bar, “It’s creepy.”

“He’s just watching, Luhan,” Yixing shrugs, but he knows that’s not true.

“He looks like he’s ready to attack you at any minute,” Luhan shudders, “Like you're his prey.”

Yixing rolls his eyes, “He’s not an animal.”

“You don’t know that.” Luhan says and smiles, “Want to grab some coffee after work? Minseok-hyung just opened up his new shop right around the corner and-”

“You know I can’t,” Yixing sighs and turns to stretch out his other leg, “Krystal and I are practicing this evening.”

Luhan groans in annoyance, “We haven’t seen Minseok in forever!” he whines and Yixing can only laugh.

“It has not been forever, drama queen.” Yixing looks over his shoulder at him, “It’s been two weeks.”

Luhan pouts, “But Yixing-”

“Do not use those stupid puppy eyes on me,” Yixing looks away immediately, “We’ll arrange to hang out some other time. After this performance.”

“But that’s not for another week!”

“Tough luck, you can always go by yourself.”

“No, no, no!” Luhan gasps, “Minseok is your friend.”

“Then why do you want to see him so badly, hm?”

Luhan blushes and grumbles, “You know why.”

Yixing smirks, “I do know. You’ll just have to wait, okay?”

“Fine,” Luhan groans and spins away from the bar on his toes, “Have fun practicing tonight.” he winks before grabbing his things and heading towards the locker room.

It's not until everyone is long gone that Yixing and Krystal finally start their practice. The performance is only two days away, but neither seem to be nervous as they dance together. They’re quiet as they move, only the swishing of arms moving in air heard over the hum of the music. When they finish their third, or maybe it’s their fifth, run through of their duet Kystal falls back onto a mat with a sigh of relief.

“I think we’ve done enough for the night,” Krystal laughs sounding rather breathless.

Yixing grins at her and sits on the mat, “Are you sure?”

Krystal stretches out her back and winks at Yixing, “You have somewhere to be, right?”

“Mhm,” Yixing hums, “Thanks for keeping this a secret, Krystal.”

"Yah!” Krystal can’t hold back her burst of laughter, “What are best friends for?”

Best friends. Yixing never thought he would hear that word from someone like Krystal, but he felt relief wash over him, knowing that he has someone like her in his life. She’s good at keep secrets, unlike Luhan or Minseok. He’s known from the start that he could count on her.

“I’ll see you at the rehearsal tomorrow morning then!” Yixing calls out to Krystal as they part ways.

❦❦❦

The performance is only two days away and Jongin is still waiting for Yixing to fall.

Today is no exception as he stays after work to watch Krystal and Yixing practice from behind the two-way mirror. He watches in anticipation of a fall that never comes. He knows he’s wasting his time, but he can’t help it. He’s too hopeful of Yixing’s moment of weakness and he plans to be the first person to his side so that he can rub it in. He’ll let a sly smile form on his lips as he’s carted off to the hospital, a smile of victory.

He’s all too quickly shaken from his thoughts when the music stops and he notices that Yixing is stretching out worked muscles. Krystal is too, but he pays no attention to her. There’s only one thing on his mind and that’s Yixing.

Jongin means to leave as soon as they’re done, but he can’t help himself when he catches part of their conversation. He gulps hard and plans to leave, but it hooks his attention like a fish and reels him in for more with that one word that slips past Yixing’s lips. And that word is ‘secret.’ The inner voice in Jongin’s conscience is telling him that this is eavesdropping, that it’s rude and he should just go on his way home before he’s caught. It’s not eavesdropping, Jongin decides to tell himself as he presses his ear firm against the door, it’s active listening.

To his dismay, there are no more words being exchanged about this so called secret, but Jongin desires to know what it is. He wonders for a moment if this secret might be his ticket into snatching Yixing’s title right out from underneath him. He hopes that maybe, this might be it. Whatever this secret is, he’s going to discover it and use it to his advantage one way or another. Via blackmail, if he must. He will be the dance studio’s top ballerino by any means possible.

That’s why he waits in the alleyway just outside of the studio. It’s long since darkened outside, the sun having gone to bed while Yixing and Krystal continuously practiced. It’s this reason that Jongin thinks there must be something juicy to Yixing’s little secret. No one has anything to do or anywhere to go under the cover of darkness unless they want it hidden, because they’re embarrassed or ashamed by it. Or, better yet, Jongin thinks, it’s illegal.

Jongin waits for only about fifteen minutes before a cab pulls up and Krystal slips into it to head home and Yixing bids her a farewell before turning on his heels and walking down the street. Jongin can’t help himself, he has to follow Yixing. He’s already lurking in an alleyway, at this point he figures that he may as well go through with it. So what if he’s caught? He’s good at coming up with excuses and he knows he’ll be able to work himself out of the truth, ‘I’m stalking you so I can discover your dirtiest secrets.’

That path Yixing takes is one that Jongin knows leads to downtown. It’s only a few blocks away when Yixing takes a sudden turn towards an old, abandoned train station that doesn’t look so bad during the day (though it’s covered in vile graffiti). However, this is night time and Jongin has to admit that the place looks a lot more spooky like this, perhaps even haunted. He starts to worry when Yixing slips in through the doors and heads down a set of stairs. He can hear the footsteps echoing against the empty walls as he makes his way downwards.

It’s about this time that Jongin’s conscience is screaming at him to turn around and go home, but he’s having none of that as he forces himself to follow to the stairs, being discreet as possible. Some nagging part of Jongin’s mind tells him that if he goes home now, he will certainly be alive tomorrow if not filled with regret. It’s yelling at him awful things like, what if Yixing is a murderer and this is where he keeps the bodies?! and other ridiculous thoughts like, what if he’s part of a mob and you’re about to be chained up and put away forever?! One last thought swarms around in his mind and he thinks it might be more likely and that’s, what if Yixing knows that you’re following him and this is a trap?! But the curious part, the part that outweighs the obvious, that part that wants to destroy Yixing, urges him onwards and he slips into the basement of the building.

He’s relieved to find out that, no, Yixing is not a murderer, and no, Yixing is not part of a mob, and no, Yixing did not know that he was followed here. He discovers instead that, Yixing is part of an underground dance crew that meets here often for dance battles. He also discovers that Yixing is not just part of this dance crew, but he leads the whole thing as their captain. And Jongin can’t help but wonder how in the hell Yixing became a ballerino (and a damn good one at that) when he does things like this is his spare time.

It’s not fair.

Jongin finally pays attention to his conscience and manages to escape the heavy crowds of strangers all dancing and moving to a bass that’s playing in the background. He’s almost made it to the staircase when he notices that all the music has stopped and suddenly one particular song is playing rather loudly over speakers that he can’t seem to locate. He takes one glance over at the crowd and no one’s speaking, they’re all just watching and making small noises of appreciation or disatisfaction over dance moves. He can just make out the top of Yixing’s head and a y dance move that he’s not interested in sticking around to watch. He’s already annoyed enough that Yixing is the flawless ballerino, he doesn’t need any more of a reason to hate him.

❦❦❦

Yixing limps home that night after his dance off, having injured himself performing a move that he had not practiced enough to just do as he did. He scolds himself for being such an idiot and wishes more than anything that the pain he’s feeling in his right ankle will just go away. It doesn’t and he’s forced to accept the fact that he’s really hurt himself badly. And the ballet is only a few days away. He’s never been so angry with himself before.

It's safe to say that he does not see Krystal the next morning at rehearsal. He skips it and all the other practices too, which is unusual for him. Boa is as surprised as everyone else when Yixing calls in sick for the second day in a row. Jongin gets excited about, internally of course, he has to pretend he’s as worried for the star as everyone else. Yixing continuously calls in sick, saying that he will be fine by the first performance, and he’s being honest when he says it.

The ballerino is locked up in his apartment with his leg propped up on pillows and ice constantly cooling his ankle. He alternates between the heat and the cold to at least get the swelling to go down so he can perform on the opening night. He does not want to disappoint the fans and he’s afraid of letting Jongin taking his spot. For one reason and one reason alone: Jongin is not ready and he’s concerned that he will get ahead of himself. He doesn’t want that same thing to happen to the younger ballerino that happened to him when he first had the spotlight. He doesn't want him to get hurt.

It’s an hour before their first performance when Yixing shows up at the hall all smiles and no worries. Jongin’s heart falls so far down into his stomach that he almost throws up backstage at the sight of the elder ballerino ready to take on his lead role. Krystal is the first to rush to his side and throw her arms around him, pressing kissed against the side of his head.

“We were all so worried!” She exclaims, “Don’t scare us like that ever again!”

Yixing just chuckles and tries to keep her from leaning all of her weight onto him. While she doesn’t weight a lot, it doesn’t take much for Yixing’s ankle to give away. He needs all the strength he can get at the moment.

“Sorry,” Yixing smiles sheepishly, “I didn’t think I’d catch a cold so close to the performance! Must have been from stress.”

Jongin scoffs at the word ‘stress’ under his breath. He can’t understand how Yixing could ever feel stress when he’s so good at what he does. Stress doesn't come with perfection. Real stress is what he feels while trying to beat Yixing at his own game. Trying to make something of himself.

“You didn’t answer any of my calls,” Luhan huffs and smacks Yixing upside the head gently, “I’m supposed to be your best friend!”

“You are my best friend,” Yixing rolls his eyes, “Though I sometimes wonder why.”

“Yixing, so glad to see you and know that you’re not dead.” Boa’s being dramatic this evening, “It’s nice of you to join us.”

“She means welcome back,” Krystal giggles and takes Yixing by the crook of his elbow, “Come on! Let’s get you in makeup and costume before the performance starts!”

Yixing laughs and follows her to the dressing rooms.

“If you keep staring at him like that you might just burn holes into him,” Sehun mutters as he nudges his friend, “Quit it, would you?”

Jongin sighs, “Whatever.” He doesn't stop staring though.

❦❦❦

After several stumbles on stage during the performance that went otherwise unnoticed to everyone except for Yixing himself, Jongin and Krystal, it came to an end. The first night was a complete success and everyone adored it. Yixing is just glad he had made it through the performance without falling down, his ankle still throbs in pain the longer he stays on one leg, but he isn’t so bad after a while.

The pain falls to the back of his mind when Sehun suggests that the company go out to a club in celebration of the first performance of Swan Lake, everyone is in agreement. Even Yixing thinks that perhaps this might be a good way to let loose after struggling to keep up with the choreography and, mostly, Krystal’s upbeat modification of their steps. He smiles at the young girl when she wraps her slim fingers around his bicep and leans into him with a giggle.

“I know you’re not interested in girls, Yixing-oppa,” she says it like it’s the most blatant thing in the whole world, and it really is, “But will you allow me to accompany you tonight?”

Yixing can’t refuse, especially after she’s asked so cutely, “Sure,” he says with a nod and she only giggles more, resting her head against his shoulder. Krystal is a touchy person and he’s grown accustomed to the way she drapes herself over him. He likes it to a certain extent and hopes to be close friends with her.

The club is dark when they arrive and the everyone seems to be tipsy already once they arrive. The alcohol gets the adrenalin in Yixing’s system pumping and he’s all too excited to take Krystal out onto the dance floor. The bass is pounding through his body and the lights are making him dizzy, and he loves it more than he would admit. And suddenly, he’s pulling and grinding on Krystal and they’re both moving in the most provocative manner. Some people stop and stare at the way they dance so sensually and jaws drop at the sight.

Of all people this annoys, it’s Jongin. Not because he’s jealous of him dancing with Krystal or Krystal dancing with him, but because Yixing knows how to dance outside of ballet and it’s irritating to see him excelling in other areas too. It doesn’t take long for Jongin to down his second or third drink and slam the glass on the table startling Sehun who was making small talk with some girl from their company across the table. He opens his mouth to yell a ‘what the hell, Jongin?!’ when he notices that it’s too late, because Jongin is now making his way through the crowd and heading straight for Yixing with a strong determination in his eyes.

Yixing is moving his hips in the most sinful way and Jongin doesn’t like it. He wants it to stop, because too many people are watching and they want him too. Jongin can’t help but feeling a rush of heat in his body when Yixing makes eye contact with him and they hold it for a moment. They communicate their unspoken desires with subtle appreciation of each other's bodies that aren't so subtle to those who are more sober around them. The tension between them is entirely too much for either to handle. The senior dancer is covered in sweat, he’s practically glowing under the light, and when he bites his lip, eyes half-lidded as he takes in all of Jongin’s body, chiseled and gloriously dark, Jongin loses himself entirely to lust.

He wonders for a split second if that’s what Yixing would look like underneath him in bed… He dismisses the thought, because sleeping in bed together is too intimate. It means other things like romance, affection and love. Jongin doesn’t feel that for Yixing. He wants it fast, hard and rough. He wants to mark and bite and claw and show Yixing what he’s capable of. He wants Yixing to know that he is a fighter and he’s not giving up this battle just yet.

Jongin would have been surprised with himself if he weren't so drunk when he grabbed Yixing’s wrist and dragged him to the nearest bathroom. He’s even more surprised that Yixing complies so easily, eagerly walking behind him and allowing himself to be thrown against the red brick wall of the bathroom. It all happens so fast, but neither party seems to care, their intoxication levels affecting their better judgement and easily giving in to this new contact. It’s like every other argument they’ve ever had, but there’s something new and exciting about the physicality of it all. The thought of being caught passes through Yixing's mind, the music and the voices are just so close, yet so distant as he lets Jongin kiss him, and he's by it.

Yixing winces when the brick scrapes at his back through the flimsy fabric of his shirt, but doesn’t care, because Jongin’s lips against his is the most immoral thing that has ever happened to him and he doesn’t want it to stop. The heat is building between them and Jongin’s lips stick to Yixing’s neck with open-mouth kisses the same way his shirt is clinging to his body from sticky sweat. And he loves it.

“Jongin-ah,” Yixing moans his name as his fingers hook into the belt loops of the younger’s jeans.

The sound sends heat straight to Jongin’s groin and he can’t help the roll of his hips against the other's. He wants this. He wants to take Yixing and show him who really holds all the power. He wants to dominate. His lips press hard into Yixing’s neck and he long and rough, a purple bloom flourishing on the pale skin.

Yixing whimpers and pulls Jongin closer trying to feel every inch, grinding hard, his breath is hot and heavy in the younger’s ear and it only makes him work that much faster. Jongin yanks down on Yixing’s pants and that’s when he feels the elder’s body stiffen. Jongin drops to his knees with a thud, paying no mind to the slight tremble in Yixing’s legs (probably because his head is buzzing too much to notice) and he his lips at the sight. Yixing isn’t too big, but he likes what he sees. He rests his hands on Yixing’s exposed thighs with the intent to mark and bruise him with rough fingertips as he opens his mouth. A whine of protest, soft and broken, comes from above him and it’s only then that he stops to look up.

“J-Jongin, no,” is all he hears and he realizes for the first time that Yixing is crying and that he doesn’t know how long those heavy tears have been rolling down his precious face.

The moment that Jongin hesitates, Yixing manages to push away his firm grip and drag his pants back up. This isn’t what he wants, not from Jongin. Not like this, when they’re both too intoxicated to function. Besides, he knows the ulterior motive behind Jongin’s actions. He knows he’s just doing this to control him. And it hurts in his chest. There’s an empty feeling consuming him with the thought that he almost let the boy have his way, because he craves Jongin’s attention so much that it physically crushes him. But, he doesn’t want Jongin’s affection if Jongin doesn’t really want him.

Jongin stands, probably a little too quickly for someone as wasted as he is, and reaches with two hands to steady himself. His palms flatten against the brick wall of the bathroom on either side of Yixing’s head and traps him there. Jongin’s breath, laced with alcohol, fans over the elder’s face and he flinches at their proximity despite the fact that just moments ago he could have kissed the younger forever. Yixing is starting to sober up now and he’s willing to do anything to get out of the current situation, even if it means harming the younger.

“Yixing,” This is the first time Jongin has spoken to the elder all night long and his voice is hoarse and deep with a needy lust. He doesn’t recognize it at all as he says the name, lets each syllable roll off his tongue and tries to coax his senior to look at him in the eyes again.

Yixing shakes uncontrollably when he pushes lamely with his fists against Jongin’s firm chest. The tears won’t stop and he can’t stand to be in the room with Jongin anymore, he wants out and he wants to go home where it’s safe. Its weak, the way he forces Jongin off of him, but it works, sending the younger stumbling back against the sink where he reaches for purchase. He doesn’t get the chance to open his mouth and say anything more to Yixing as he watches him scramble out of the room, wiping pathetically at his wet eyes.

Jongin turns his head to look at his reflection in the dingy mirror above the broken sink and he doesn’t know who owns the face staring back at him. It’s dark with a half-lidded, animalistic look that he’s never seen before. And for the first time he realizes he might be turning into a monster, but he’s too drunk to care. He’s certainly too drunk to remember it the next day when he wakes up with an awful hangover, draped over Sehun’s couch at 2 pm in the afternoon.

❦❦❦

Yixing never ran out of a bathroom so fast in his life. He looks around for Krystal who seems to be having a good time up against Sehun, grinding to the beat. He’s immediately okay then with leaving, because he’ll give anything to be anywhere but here at the moment, especially with these tears spilling down over his cheeks. He can’t remember when he started crying, but he knows it won’t stop any time soon.

“Yah!” Luhan yells over the bass when he sees Yixing making his way towards the entrance, “Where are you going?!”

“Home!” Yixing shoots back, more harshly than he meant, but his voice cracks under the pressure of his words and he stumbles into the dark, cold air of the night. He welcomes the feeling with open arms and treads home in dejection, heart heavy and feeling completely violated and disgusted with himself.

He has no time for this extra self-pity. First his ankle and now his emotions. Everything is a mess and he just wants to go home and sleep before he has to get up for the next performance tomorrow night.

Hi guys! Chapter two is finally here (and unedited lol who has time for that idk) ^^ I am sorry for taking so long, but as I've said, I'm busy with school so updates will probably be very slow (especially with midterm exams coming up) I hope you all understand! Also on a side note, this fic will not be very long so please don't be don't be disappointed ;~; I hope that even if it's short that you will enjoy it anyway! Thank for you reading ~ xoxo