Chapter 2

Twilight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day Jessica was outside the school next to her truck. The sight of his dark brown eyes went through her mind.

I planned to confront him! And demand to know what his problem was!

The Kim's arrives at school and park their cars.

But he never showed. And the next day, another no-show. More days passed. Things were getting..... a little strange.

***

Today was another day.

I went outside and I saw my dad with the truck.

As I was going down the stairs that was outside, I splipped on ice. My dad quickly went to help me.

"You all right?"

"Yeah I'm good. Ice doesn't really help the uncoordinated."

"Yeah. That's why I had some new tires put on the truck. Old ones were getting pretty bald. Well, probably be late for dinner. I gotta head down to Mason County. Security guard at the Grisham Mill got killed by some kind of animal."

"An animal?"

"You're not in Phoenix anymore, Jess. Anyways, I figured I'd lend a hand."

"Be careful."

"Always am."

"And thanks for the tires."

"Yeah."

After that, dad left and I headed to school.

It was raining hard that day.

***

I went to Biology class while talking to Eric.

"Prom Committee is a chick thing, but I gotta cover it for the paper anyway, and they need a guy to help choose the music, so I need your playlist. Hey, listen...uhm...I was wondering, did you have..a..a..date to...."

Mike suddenly came in and interrupted Eric.

'"What's up Arizona? Huh? How you likin' the rain, girl? Better get used to it."

"Yeah, Mike, hey your real cute, man!" He said with sarcasm

"Oh, I know..."

"That was really awesome!" (Sarcastic voice)

My eyes landed on Taeyeon who was now there. I confidently walked over to my seat and sat next to him. I looked at him first before looking back to front.

"Hello"

I turned my head to him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get a chance to introduce myself last week. I'm Taeyeon Kim. You're Jessica?"

"Uhm....yes"

 

"Onion root tip cells, that's what's on your slides right now. Okay? So, seperate and label them into the phases of mitosis...and first partners that get it right will win....the golden onion."

 

"Ladies first."

He carefully pushed the slide to me.

".....You were gone"

"Yeah...uhm I was out of town for a couple of days. Personal reasons."

"Prophase."

"Do you mind if I check?"

I just gave him an ok look and shrugged my shoulders.

"It's prophase"

He then wrote it down.

"Like I said."

He just smiled at me.

"So...are you enjoying the rain?"

I laughed because all of sudden he asks me about that.

"What?"

"Your asking me about the weather?"

"Yeah, I.... I guess I am."

"Well, I don't really like the rain. Any cold, wet thing, I don't really...." *shakes head*

He made a slight laugh before putting the next cell to the slide.

"What?" I asked curiously

"Nothing *laughs* It's...uh...anaphase."

"You mind if I check?"

"Sure."

I look at the slide/telescope.

"Anaphase"

"Like I said." He said that while smiling. "If you hate the cold and rain so much, why'd you move to the wettest place in the continental US?"

"Uhm... it's complicated."

"I'm sure I can keep up."

"Uhm...my mom remarried, and..." I shrug my shoulders.

"So you don't like the guy, or..."

"No, that's not...uhm...Phil's really nice."

Taeyeon's eyes turns into golden brown.

"It's metaphase. You want to check it?" He asked.

"I believe you."

***

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter