Happy Birthday

New Wave
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jay Park's POV

*A couple weeks* I spent these whole of these past weeks chilling with Loco and Zico, working and attending rap sessions. But, what I couldn't help but think about was the girl who I served during my shift a couple weeks back. I caught a glimpse of her talking to her friend and I noticed the resemblance between her and the girl at the concert. I really wanted to see the girl from the concert again, you rarely meet girls interested in Underground rap. Well, that isn't entirely true but I could tell she was special. "Aye man. Are you not going to start getting ready?" Loco said interrupting my thoughts entering the room. I looked up and sighed, facepalming. "Yeah man, was just thinking." I said getting off the couch.  "You still thinking about that girl?" "Huh?" I asked confused, I hadn't mentioned anything to anyone about the girl from the concert,not even Loco. 

"I noticed you staring in her direction during the concert and you have been awfully quiet these days," Loco commented. 

I always knew Loco was a mind reader.

"Man, it's nothing. I'm just a bit nervous about seeing my dad," I said. It was partially truthful. Today was my dad's birthday and he invited me to go out for dinner with him at 20:00 and it was already 17:30. 

"Mm..." Loco said, not believing my excuse. But, luckily he wasn't pushing any further. "You'll be fine!"

Zico walked in holding some shopping bags before setting them on the ground. We said our hellos and I went to get ready. 

 

"Well, how do I look guys?" I said buttoning the sleeves of my shirt looking in the mirror before spinning around. Zico began laughing and I frowned. 

"You look like such a loser! What's up with the shirt and pants? It's like you went through my grandfather's closet!" He yelled before laughing even more arrogantly. I rolled my eyes, and Loco punched his arm. 

"You know how his father is! He wants to make a good impression!" Loco said defending me,

"So, he has to change his whole persona just for his father to approve of him? He definitely doesn't get Father of the Year award,"

I ignored Zico's words and wore my shoes.

"Zico, you know that my dad and I don't see eye to eye about many things. Our relationship has been strained since I was 16. After moving out when I was 18, my father didn't contact me until I was almost 20. So, for him to be inviting me out for his birthday is a real blessing and I am not going to pass up this opportunity and as it is his birthday I don't plan on upsetting him." I explained. Zico just faked yawned.

"Whatever man," He replied before resting his legs on the coffee table. I looked in the mirror, fixing my hair slightly, before grabbing my jacket. This wasn't my everyday look but if it meant that wearing this would make my dad happy then I had no problem wearing it.

"Good luck Jay. Fighting!" Loco said trying to lift the mood and all I could do was give him a thumbs up before leaving.

 

 

I knocked on the door and waited nervously. I looked at the familiar setting and memories of me chilling out on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter