Him

They Call Me Cougar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Saturday came and I was more than relieved to finally be able to sit and just breathe. I had extra tuition classes almost every single day and it was absolutely draining.

 

 

Call it a motivation but if there's one thing about me, I can't stand being challenged, even in the most trivial matters. I was more than challenged when a mere stranger actually called me a retard and said that I can't even read. My pride basically got stung.

 

 

I was just changing into comfortable clothes at home when my phone started ringing signaling an incoming message. Without thinking much, I threw my bra away before diving into my bed to grab my phone.

 

 

It was Chae Rin reminding me about our little frozen yogurt date. I replied with a simple ‘got it’ before heading out to grab something to keep me full until my date since I wouldn’t want to risk having a gastric. I ran through over hundreds of channels on the tv and yet I could not find anything to watch so Netflix it is.

 

 

I decided to search for any romantic movies before stumbling upon ‘Love, Rosie’. I have wanted to watch that movie for a while now seeing how beautiful Lily Collin was and so I kept myself comfortable with a hot chocolate as I waited for the movie to buffer when the doorbell suddenly rang – Bom is back.

 

 

We decided to check out the movie together and boy, it was pretty good. I was only half way through the movie and I was already tearing up. Why was I even crying when I don’t know anything about love?

 

 

Just then a stabbing pain hit me in the tummy.

 

 

“Argh. . I gotta poo.” I announced before quickly jumping up. “Pause the movie for me!” I shouted from the toilet as I was forcing out any excretion. Why the sudden need to poo when I was getting so engrossed into the movie? This is frustrating, I thought as I looked to my left and right when I suddenly saw a patch of blood on my .

 

 

Great. Just great. I did what I needed to do and quickly ran out of the toilet to grab my phone to call up Chae Rin.

 

 

“Chae chae, I can’t do froyo today.” I announced, utterly disappointed. “I got my period.” I continued. I’m sure she’ll understand. I just really can’t take any cold food during this time because I always, always get the worst cramps.

 

 

“Aww. That’s really too bad. Why don’t I come over then? With your favourite hot borsch soup?” Chae Rin offered, stirring up my appetite a little bit.

 

 

“Yay! You’re the best!” I am seriously so blessed to have her in my life. Who needs a boy when you have Chae Rin? We hung up soon and I shouted over my shoulders announcing to Bom that Chae Rin’s going to come over.

 

 

 

“God. I have the sport house event next week. It’s going to be such a torture.” I remembered complaining to both of them during our little sleepover during the weekends while we were doing a little face mask session. 

 

 

I would say that Fry House is our Seoul High’s very own version of Gryffindor - the nice one while Chili House is the nasty one, our top nemesis. I was really confident in winning the hundred metres earlier on but now I’m not so sure. My cramp was killing me.

 

 

Every year, Seoul High like most other schools would organize this Sport House event whereby the best students of each sport houses from each category; baton, running, badminton, swimming, etc would be chosen to compete against each other.

 

 

I sat on the grass at the field as I watched the other students get through their own hurdles when suddenly a particular figure caught my attention. There were two actually. This guy who was standing behind a wall, hidden from most people, was scolding his girlfriend like she was his dog.

 

 

She then started retaliating and I tried to look away but I can’t help it if they’re screaming like that. I can clearly hear them without trying to eavesdrop. 

 

 

“Woah. This is what people call love? Man. I’ll pass.” I couldn’t help but grumble to myself seeing how intense their fight has lasted for the past fifteen minutes.

 

 

“You know it’s really rude to stare?” I turned my head around, embarrassed that someone has caught me eavesdropping in public. There was a figure standing before me but I couldn't quite catch his face as the sun was shining straight into my face, blurring my vision.

 

 

“Well, they’re being so loud and I’m being a considerate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter