Thanks

Apartment

Jihoon rubbed his bleary eyes open, squinting to see his phone that it’s ten minutes past eight in the morning. Way too early for his Sunday morning to start so god help whoever it was outside his door ringing the doorbell. Letting out a big yawn, he began walking towards his front door.

 

Damn that bastard, when I said Sunday morning to Seungcheol, I didn’t mean to get here once the sun is up. Jihoon thought, ruffling his bed hair with his right hand and opening the door with the left one. Without even glancing at the person at the door he spun around and walked towards the direction of his kitchen.

 

“Dude, when I said morning I didn’t mean early morning you head. Come on in and put the lock back on the door will you?” Jihoon hollered while scratching his back. Rubbing his eyes and trying to shake off the remnants of his sleep. “We can have eggs and toast if you didn’t have breakfast yet or we can eat outside. I don’t mind either.”

 

He took his water tumbler out of his fridge and drank while turning around to look at the person in question. Puzzled that no one was there, Jihoon returned his tumbler back inside the fridge and walked towards the hallway to his door. Idiot must still be unlacing his shoes, he mused, rolling his eyes at the thought.

 

“You are such a prissy girl man, taking forever to remove his shoes. Just chuck them in a cor…”

 

Slowly wiping his mouth with the sleeve of his shirt, Jihoon faltered in his talking as he stood face to face with the person who wasn’t Seungcheol.Or maybe Mingyu. Well damn, he’s wide awake now that’s for sure. Another damn for him in just a ratty shirt and boxers and probably a third damn it to hell for not checking who was at the door in the first freaking place.

 

“Noona.” was all that he could say after meeting her again since maybe two weeks ago when they last met at his doorstep.

 

“....I can go back another time if you’re waiting for someone else.” she smiled and held out her left hand

with the handkerchief that he lent her. “I just wanted to return this and the favor as well from that ty thing you saw two weeks ago. You know, a real proper thanks like breakfast on me?”

 

Jihoon took the hanky from her hand and covered his mouth trying to hide his fluster from the woman in front of him. He’d have to be a huge idiot not to take up on her offer but then again he can’t help but feel awkward around her. On the other hand, he was a tiny bit curious to see if she really was alright and maybe find out the cause of her near mental breakdown days ago.

 

“Uh, don’t mention it noona.” He looked down at his miserable attire and beckoned her to the living room. “Give me ten minutes and I’ll take you up on your breakfast offer.”

 

The woman in front of him gave him another grin, “Awesome. By the way, my name’s Jihye.”

 

“Jihoon.”