Splotches

some kinda paradox • j.w.w au
a jabberwockies masked jeon wonwoo froze as if paralyzed, almost hitting the wrong chord of his guitar. he couldn't take his eyes off of her, regardless of the fact that tonight's gig was a big one; people from various of entertainments were there, watching each and every one of the performances with eyes of hawks.
 
yet there he was, fixing his gaze on one particular girl who seemingly shone brighter than any other. with her black jacket and jeans, she may seem ordinary, but not to wonwoo. she was the epitome of perfection. she was everything wonwoo has ever wanted.
 
 
 
or not.
 
after the last song, everyone gave fistbumps to each other, satisfaction evident in their expressions. he had to admit, it was one heck of a night. 
 
as they head backstage, the group of musicians couldn't help but to cheer non-stop until they arrived at the dressing room; where they could finally breathe in relief and take their masks off.
 
it's a thing for their band to always wear masks on stage to hide their true identities, well, because, why not?
 
it's the thrill isn't it? for people to frantically search for their real names and appearances, although some may know of their real selves.
 
they thought it'd be fun.
 
you're damn right it is.
 
so how do you contact them when you want to offer gigs? you're gonna have to do it through me, choi seungcheol a.k.a mr. manager and mr. leader. or you could also reach my girlfriend, nam junyeol.
 
i may not perform, but taking care of 12 immature children is sure an awfully huge responsibility, don't you think so?
 
oh, did i mention that there were 13 of us?
 
so we share shifts(well at least, divided the shifts or else conflict will evolve), which is actually the answer to why the performances are different in every gig. or as what we call 'team', to be precise.
 
now, to the introduction.
 
to your 1 o'clock, the tallest guy in the group drinking water, kim mingyu. oh, and you can also contact his girlfriend, choi taehyo.
 
aka my little sister.
 
awkward, but it's nice to know she's dating someone i trust.
 
and then to your left, the angel of our group with long silky blonde hair. yoon jeonghan. and the second angel talking to him is hong jisoo. or joshua.
 
now to your right, is the hyper-dancing gang. the performance team, consisting of dino, hoshi, the8(don't even get me started on how he came up with that name), and our chinese boy jun. along with the8 as the chinese duo.
 
well, now that the teams are together it will be easier now to introduce, yes?
 
in front of you, we have the vocal team aka the 'band' which has voices so pure they sounds like angels rising from their slumber. consisting of jeonghan(yes, the guy prettier than you), joshua(still prettier than you), woozi, as the "strawberry 'short'cake" of our group which you can totally recognize right away, and then we have seungkwan as the sassy ahjumma of the group, and dk as the 'supposedly' angel of our group. it stands for dokyeom, not 'don't know'. 
 
last but not least, the hiphop team. more like the 'thirst team'. containing all the hottest guys from the group, we have mingyu, vernon, the 'foreigner' in our group(don't tell him i said that, he hates it), and wonwoo.
 
wait where's wonwoo-
 
"hyung! where's my water?" emo, bucket hat, voice deep and darker than your past. there you have him, jeon wonwoo.
 
"it's right over your head." i rolled my eyes, pointing right above his head.
 
"wait what" wonwoo snapped his head up, and i took that chance as if a second one could never come. "it's here." with his head facing me,  i threw a huge water bottle without thinking another word, hitting his face with a loud boom.
 
everyone broke into fits of cackles, cheering and slapping their thighs.
 
say hello to the main character of the story i'm about to tell.
 
what, you thought i was the main character? i honestly feel flattered, but unfortunately no.
 
this story is wonwoo's time to shine.
 
it's about how he came to fall in love for the first time.
 
-
 
"guys, i'm going to get something else to drink okay? be right back." wonwoo announced, shutting the door behind him. 
 
he zipped his jacket up, hiding the white t-shirt with the band logo imprinted across his shirt as he strolled through the backstage hallways, secretly hoping the girl hadn't left yet.
 
either the goddess of luck bestowed him or it was truly fate, he spotted her drinking alone by the bar counter, digging her fingers through her dark auburn hair.
 
with fingers crossed, him being an introvert decided to be an extrovert for once in life, approaching the girl with a buffed chest, head held high, messy hair, and his jacket zipped down a little, he was unstoppable.
 
 
 
or not.
 
wonwoo sat next to her and asked for a glass of blue liquor, not facing the female. he crossed his arms and rested them on the counter, pressing his lips into a thin line as he stole glances here and there.
 
"what do you want?" the voice startled him, but he was sure it came from her. shoot, he thought.
 
stuttering, he answered. "uh, i am, uh, i just wanted to- y-ya know, have some drink." he ended the sentence with a little shrug. he felt the total opposite of unstoppable. it doesn't even start from stoppable. he felt stomped.
 
"no need to be so nervous, stiff-head." the playfulness in her voice shocked him, but something else did better.
 
she looked up and faced him. with a smile that could make devils wish they were angels.
 
wonwoo's heart, of course, skipped several beats.
 
"right. of course." with a chuckle, he started to relax a bit. just a bit. 
 
but then he realized something else.
 
they had the exact same jacket.
 
"hey, look! we have the exact same jacket!" delight was obvious in her tone of speaking, as if she has never had anyone to wear the same things.
 
the more reason for wonwoo to do so, yeah?
 
with another light chuckle, he replied with a question in the end. "you took the words out of my mouth, miss..?"
 
"i'm oh jeonghye. it means respected and intelligent woman." oh jeonghye extended her hand for wonwoo to shake. without hesitation, he obliged with a small snicker. "i didn't ask, but that was nice to know. i'm jeon wonwoo." 
 
flashing an eye-smile, "i like meeting new people."
 
a little hesitant, he decided to go for it. 
 
"well, i like meeting you."
 
wonwoo's hopes started to lift from being stepped on upon seeing her slight red cheeks.
 
but no, she just had to ignore it.
 
"cool- whoa wait, is that a SEVENTEEN shirt? you're a member?" she hissed in excitement.
 
jeon wonwoo has never panicked this much his whole life.
 
"n-no no, i'm just a huge fan." he jazzed his hands as he spoke, in hope that with the lack of light in the room could hide his nervousness.
 
jeonghye frowned in disappointment. "oh, i kinda wished you were. it's a big competition for us fans to find out the identities of our idols." 
 
wonwoo widened his eyes, "wow i never knew. it's probably just for the girls, right?"
 
she nodded, "yeah."
 
thank the mothers of all things sweet.
 
that was a close call.
 
"so, what do-" before wonwoo could finish, a playful shriek escaped her lips as he could see a man hugging her from behind as he felt his heart drop to his feet.
 
well, what was he expecting anyways?
 
how could someone as gorgeous as her be single? it's ridiculous.
 
"wonwoo, this is my boyfriend, kim jongin. jongin, wonwoo. wonwoo, jongin." a smile painted her lips as if nothing has ever bothered her in life.
 
"you can call me kai." he extended his hand to wonwoo with a sweet smile.
 
"just wonwoo." he shook kai's hand a bit firmly out of annoyance.
 
"thanks for keeping my babe in company. we'll be leaving now." after finishing his sentence, kai pecked his girlfriend's cheeks as an arm found its way to her waist, burning wonwoo in flames as each second passed.
 
"yeah, no prob." he shrugged it off.
 
"you live nearby?" before taking a step away, she turned her head over her shoulder and waited for an answer.
 
"yeah yeah, i do." wonwoo nodded.
 
i'm never seeing her again, am i?
 
"okay, bye!" with an eager wave and an obvious glare full of daggers, they left without a trace.