Echo

Is it alright to hope?

Wind blew through the garden. Snow silently fell, then made sharp noises when the wind played with it. It was really dark, only little light from the window told that someone was there. A lonely shadow huntched over his writings. He chewed on the end of the pencil, his eyebrows were in a perfect frown. He tried to capture the words, but it wasn't right. Nothing was right. He took the paper and ripped it apart, little pieces fell like snow outside. He leaned on the table, putting his chin on his arms and thought of the past when everything was easy, when he was young and stupid and thought that love was easy. Now he knew that it was not so. He was once again waiting. It seemed that all he did was waiting. But he loved this place here, far from everyone else. Still, on nights like these, he wanted someone elses warmth. On nights like these, when the snow sang, his own heart echoed back. He let out a sarcastic laugh and closed his eyes. One tear fell. He wiped it away and stood up. 

---

He was in the city, he looked how snow fell to the street and became tainted. He was in a hurry. He needed to go back. This time his business had taken  longer than usual, he even had had to go overseas. He hated to be away. City was full of people, everyone was in a hurry, their faces became a blur and he yearned for that one person, whose face never faded away. He held tightly onto his briefcase as he moved between people, his feet had become wet, his coat was heavy from snow melting on it. When he finally sat in the train he could breathe freely. It was dark outside and as he saw the city lights grow distant, his heart warmed up a little. He closed his eyes and thought of a different place and warm embrace of the only person he knew he could never leave. 

---

He made coffee and looked the snow outside. He decided to go out because he felt that he would suffocate here. Getting dressed took time, but when he stepped outside the cold and clear air made him feel petter. He left his footprints on the snow, it felt much like writing or painting - making marks on white canvas. He smiled.

---

He rushed in the snow, his feet felt cold, but he was near. Then he saw it. 

---

He laughed as he threw snow up and watched it fall. Like a little child or like the wind he played in the now. 

---

The laughter echoed in his heart as he run up to him and grabbed him into his arms. He gave him a fast kiss. "I'm home." he whispered into his lovers ear as he embraced him. "Welcome home" was whispered into his with a voice full of feelings. Then he was pushed down into the snow. A handfull of snow was thrown down his shirt and on his face. "Took you long enough!" was fallowed with laughter. As he looked up he saw his lover laugh and run inside. He stood up and sweeped the snow off - home is the best place to be.

---

Snow fell silently, until it made sharp noises in the hands of the wind. It was dark outside. Only a little light inside showed that someone was there. Kitchen was almost empty, only the mug full of coffee stood stranded on the table. Wet shoes stood where they were left, one in the hallway, the other half way to the livingroom. Briefcase thrown on the sofa, wet coat on a chair. But the room itself was empty. Bedroom door was not closed properly. Sheets were tangled, one pillow on the floor. And in the middle of the bed two peope in a warm embrace. Both of them sleeping. Their faces were happy, without a worry. Their hearts echoed with love.