Chapter 2

My Moon

Weeks have passed and since then, Minji would always wake up to the sun, shining brightly, as if it was trying to cheer her on..

"Mom, I'm going to go now!" She passed by her mom with a peck on her cheek while taking a piece of bread.

 

She was on her way to school, until she saw the same kitten Jongdae was tending most of the time. Not that she stalked him or anything but she would always witness the same scene on the way to school. She was always hiding, watching. Not until she was caught recently.

 

A few days ago

She was waiting at her usual hiding spot behind the tree.

Where is he? Isn't he supposed to feed the cat?

Lost in her own thoughts. Chen surprised her by pulling her out of her hiding spot.

"What th-" She hid her face to save her a little embarassment.

"Why were you hiding there? By any chance, were you.." He gasped.

"Stalking me?" She scoffed.

"I was just observing how identical your face is with the cat." Seeing his crestfallen face, she snickered.

 

Present

The cat meowed and rubbed its head on her.

"You must be hungry, huh?" She crouched and gave the it the bread that she took from earlier.

"The sun appeared today, as always, that's why I felt like sharing this bliss that I'm feeling. I really love the warmth it gives me. How about you?" Just as she thought she was going mad for talking to a cat. Someone arrived at the scene.

"You do know you're talking to an animal that can't talk to you, right?" 

"You do know that sneaking up on someone is creepy, right?" She replied in the same tone as his.

"Hey, atleast I don't hide behind a tree to observe people."

Jongdae crouched beside her, petting the cat.

She gazed at him curiously. For a moment, he looked so serene and picturesque, she had to look at him.

"Hm, you do know we're going to be late if we're just going to stay here, right?" Minji suddenly stood up, almost causing her to fall back. 

"Aish! Why didn't you tell me?" She started running after she regained her balance.

"You do know you have a wristwatch, right?" He ran after her.

"Use that kind of sentence once more, I'll kill you." They both hurried, subconsciously smiling as they found this situation absurd.

 

 

"Why do you go here? It's no fun." Jongdae pouted.

"Well, I think this is fun. Why did you follow me in the first place anyway?"

They were both at the entrance of the library, since their classes were already finished.

"I followed you because I wanted to hang out with you. You know, bonding between friends?"

Friends? He actually thinks we're friends?  She had this indescribable feeling about his statement. Weird, but good.

"Yah, don't you like being called my friend?" Apparently, Minji's scowl was visible on her face when he said that. She shrugged.

"Just go. It's not fun for you to be here anyway." She walked into the library and he followed suit.

"You call this," he waved his hands frantically to emphasize "fun?"

"Yes. I like reading books in here, where it's supposed to be peaceful until someone's presence disturbed it."

"What do you mean supposed to be?" She snorted. She walked to her favorite section of the library.

"WAIT, WHAT?!" Sounds of shushing and 'you're in the library' followed suit.

Minji chuckled as she heard the sound of disbelief. Scanning the shelves for a book to read, she was in her own world.

"Minji? Yun Minji? Hey!" Jongdae was calling out her name.

"Minj-" His voice faltered when he saw how her brows were furrowed together and how she was mumbling the titles of the books she scanned. Aish, this girl is unbearably cute.

He flicked her forehead. 

"You might get wrinkles this early with your eyebrows like that." He grinned playfully at her.

She sighed as if she was breathing out her irritations.

She grabbed the book of her interest and went looking for a seat, ignoring the guy who insisted on hanging out with her. He frowned at her actions. Minji found a seat at an isolated corner. She started reading. 

"Why are you ignoring me?" She glanced at him. He was supporting his head with his right hand while he's looking at her. 

We're both of the same age yet he looks younger than me because of his aegyo-like movements. Clacking her tongue, she placed down the book she was reading.

"Fine. Mr. Kim Jongdae. I'm going to act as civil as possible." 

Jongdae smirked. "I already told you before to call me Chen."

"I would, if you're going to keep quiet." His smirk fell, while she was smiling victoriously.

"Fine." He stood up and he sat beside her, taking the book that she was about to resume reading to.

"Yah!" She hissed. He placed a finger on her lips, mischievously smiling. She felt that familiar surge of warmth when she saw his smile. Admiring his sharp features, Jongdae didn't notice her staring, or as she thought so.

The librarian came and warned them once more for the noise that they were making. They meekly apologized to her. As the "terror bookworm" (a certain someone named) went back to her desk, Jongdae started reading the book. 

Giving.up on the book that she was reading, she did her homework instead.

 

 

"I really liked that book. Can you suggest me some more?" Chen nudged Minji.

She was about to go home by herself, but after a long session of arguing, his request of walking her home pushed through.

"I'll see about that. What's with the sudden interest in reading books?"

"I guess I find it fun, since the idea came from you."

She halted with her eyes widening from shock. He continued walking, admiring the night sky.

"Stop doing that."

"Doing what?" 

"Trying to make me feel flattered with your words and actions." Chen turned back to Minji while walking towards her. She was nervous on what his reply would bem

"Well, isn't it how you're supposed to make a person you like feel?" He smiled brightly at her, not like the usual cunning smiles that he gave her. This time, it made her fluster and ecstatic.

She was in a daze  Wow. This is what I get for confessing indirectly, he mentally slapped himself.

Grabbing her hands, they continued walking. Unlike the cold breeze that blew through, the atmosphere with their linked hands were warm and fuzzy.

 

That night, the loneliness that Minji always felt looking at the dark sky, was nowhere to be found.

 


 

 

A/N: Yo yo yo. I plan to finish this story by the end of this week to start a new one; EXO×OC. I hope you're enjoying the story as much as I am making it. Feedbacks are highly appreciated. Thank you for reading. ^^