Chapter 1

My Moon

Minji didn't like nights, with the moon and stars shining above. It made her feel lonely, despite having a complete family and jolly friends to talk to. She always preferred daytime, wherein the sun warms up the atmosphere, and her feelings. She started believing in these ever since she was a child. 

The day I won't feel lonely, will be the time I would gladly say that something, or someone actually made me feel warm.

 

 

"Aish! I didn't bring my umbrella."

 

Minji looked up to see the sky cloudy and dark, early in the morning.                                           

She was walking peacefully when she noticed the shining sun that she always looked up to wasn't there.

"I guess the weather forecast from last night's wrong, eh?" 

Someone from behind commented, causing Minji to stop in her tracks. She turned to see a guy with a cat-like grin, making him look like a cunning boy who likes to prank other people, tending a stray cat.                 

"You must've been hungry while I was out for a few days. I promise to see you more these days." The orange tabby kitten purred as a reply.

 

Realizing that she had been standing awkwardly near the scene, she resumed walking, not noticing the bump on the ground ahead of her.

"Oof!" She exclaimed while rubbing her nose that touched the bumpy ground.

She stood up abruptly. God, this is so embarassing. She casually walked away like nothing happened, the sun still hasn't shown up.

But a bright cat-like smile appeared for its absence.  

 

Once she arrived at school, almost everyone had reunited with their friends after being seperated since they had their summer vacation.

Speaking of friends, where is that girl?

"Minji~" She was startled when someone wrapped their arms around her.  

"Yusu, we just saw each other yesterday." Yusuke pouted.

"Still, we've been away from each other." I swear that her aegyo is improving each day.

"Let's go. Classes are starting." Minji sighed while returning her hug before she removed Yusuke's arms around her. 

Misakaze Yusuke's a foreign student from Japan. She's been sith her ever since she started going tk this school. She really loves her, but sometimes she's just so..

"Yah! Don't leave your bestfriend." Yusu shouted.

Clingy. Yeah, that's the word I was looking for.

"KIM JONGDAE YOU LITTLE RASCAL. GET BACK HERE." A stern voice boomed all over the hallway, causing students to look at the boy running away from a figure, that's most likely a teacher. 

"I missed you too, Mr. Seo!" Jongdae declared whilst his hair bouncing since he was running. 

She was about to go in her classroom until Yusuke pulled her aside.

"Wha-"  A familiar face stormed inside the room.

"Hey, isn't that.." Minji whispered to herself.

She subconsciously rubbed her nose with her hand.

Wait, didn't I trip earlier? She gasped. Realization hit her when she took notice of the guy's smile. Isn't he the guy from this morning?

"Why are you just standing there?" Yusuke gazed at her curiously.

"Ah, it's nothing" She brushed it off before she went inside.

                                                     

Minji took a seat by the window, as usual. He probably saw me fall flat on the ground. Why didn't I see that piece of rock on the ground?.

She bumped her forehead on her table continuously while mumbling "Stupid, stupid, stu-"

Instead of landing on the cold and hard table, it landed on something warm and soft.        

"If you keep doing that, your brain cells would be gone by the time our lessons start." That voice..

Sensing that her forehead landed on someone's palm, she looked over to the owner of it.

Her eyes widened when she turned her head, staring into the eyes that held resemblance to a..   

 

 

 

 

"Dinosaur?" Jongdae pulled his hand back. 

"Nah, I go by the name Kim Jongdae." He ruffled her hair into a light mess.

"You're my seatmate?" She asked, fixing her hair.    

"Uh, yeah? I mean, I am seated beside you after all." He faced to the front.

Minji mentally facepalmed herself for her ignorance.

When he glanced at her, he saw her drowning in her thoughts, not caring about their teacher at the front. A soft smile appeared on his face.

He read her nametag. "Yun Minji" Cute, He thought.     

 


 

A/N: Hi! I'm new to writing fanfics, so please do give feedbacks so I can know if I'm writing a good storyline and doing good with technicalities in making stories. I apologize for the short chapter, but expect longer ones for the next chapters.