How We Met

Then We Fall In Love

          Taemin closed his eyes, running his fingers through his own auburn hair in frustration. It was his third time, his third time running around the school searching for a 'Room 2' somewhere in this enormous compund. His third time look around desperately for some sympathy and some amazing human being kind enough to grace his awful day by (finally) leading him to his homeroom. His third time where all his efforts came to no avail, failing horribly and miserably, crumbling like dust, much like himself.

           Taemin groaned, his legs giving way beneath him as he melted onto the floor, his heavy backpack plopping down beside him with a soft thud. He sat there, wondering what went so wrong in the morning that he was already off to a bad start in his supposedly perfect new school. He was sure he washed and cleaned thoroughly-he even made an effort to put on a pair of clean new jeans and an ironed tee. He was positive he had stuffed all his lucky items into all the free spaces in his bag, even the poor rabbit foot that he had stashed away after finding out it was brought to him at the cost of a real animal's life. Shocker. So why was he here, spread out like he had just ran a marathon, throwing himself a self-pity party when he was sure he should be hanging out with some handsome gay jocks, making some languid comments about a random hot guy's ? He just had no idea.

           A shadow blocked out the light that was basking lucidly on Taemin, and his head snapped up, half in anticipation and half in irritation. His eyebrows could do nothing better than rise at the sight of the boy towering over him. He was dressed to stand out for sure, with his curly blond hair tucked into a bright-coloured beanie, and some fake glasses perched on the rim of his nose. His clothes were blindingly bright and weirdly matched; a jean jacket over a plaid shirt, and really girlypink shorts. His lips was pressed in curiousity and arrogance, but he looked as threatening to Taemin as his kitten hopping around eccentricly at home.

           "Soooo," the stranger drawled. "You new here?" 

          Taemin shrugged. "I don't see why I would be sitting here like a kicked puppy if I knew my way around here" he mumbled. He could see a hint of a smile curling on the stranger's lips. This smile grew, until it was plastered over his face in an amused yet horribly creepy way. Taemin blinked and grabbed his bag, ready to sprint if this walking neon sign tried anything crazy with him.

          The stranger threw back his head and laughed, as if he could understand Taemin's hesitance towards his intentions, and could totally relate. "I like you already," came his reply. "Which homeroom are you supposed to be in?"

         Taemin blinked some more. "R-Room 2." he stuttered, and silently cursed himself for doing so.

        The stranger rolled his eyes in exasperation. "Well then, why didn't you say so earlier?" he whined, pulling Taemin back on his legs and dragging him along in the direction he was heading. "We have the same homeroom, stupid. I'm Key, by the way. And from now on, you're with me and my other lovelies."

-----------

          Entering homeroom was like walking into a den full of lions and wolves coming together to hatch a plan that ends with you being gobbled up. Taemin could already see the curious and questioning gazes that were set on him, some nodding in approval and some paying no heed to his existence in this room. A group of girls were packed away at the back of the class in a comfortably tight clique, giggling about whatever girls found hilarious.. Another group of goth-looking guys were having a serious discussion on a random topic, promptly blocking out the sounds that were echoing around the huge room. Another group consisted of a bunch of bright-dressed guys talking in awful nasal voices, swatting their hands around and throwing their heads back in girly laughter. Taemin had half expected Kibum to join the group, swatting a few guys that he would claim were his bff and a million more fs. He was pleasantly suprised to find that Kibum stomped past them in excitement, walking towards a quiet group of three sitting comfortably around a table, chatting animatedly. Key had grabbed a chair for both, and had plopped himself and Taemin down faster that one could say 'key'. The three boys around the table made a point to smile at Taemin, waiting patiently for Taemin to introduce himself. He didn't have to though, as Key was already working on that.

         "Guys, this is Taemin, and he's joining us from now on, so you better treat him nice or you'll find yourselves out of my art club with your asses hanging upside-down on a broom rack." Smooth.

         "Um, y-yeah, what he said." Taemin stuttered. "N-Not about the broom rack though. N-Nope." He closed his eyes in anger, swearing softly at his awkwardness.

         A chuckle from one of the four broke the silence around the table. A guy with a bright smile and messy black hair sat up on his chair, offering Taemin a soft pat on his shoulder before introducing himself. "Hi, I'm Onew. Welcome to our little posse, Taem. i would love to get to know you." Taemin nodded slightly in agreement, before turning his head to listen to the next person that spoke to him.

        "Hi, I'm Jonghyun, but you can call me Jjong. Welcome to our humble abode." The guy grinned his dinosaur grin, and flicked his siver hair away from his eyes. Taemin smiled back warmly and turned to look at the only person who hasn't had a say on him, only to freeze and have his heart palpitate a hundred miles per hour.

          There he sat, in all his gorgeous glory, his dark brown hair grazing his eyes as it lay in a moppy mess above his. His brown eyes were wide and glazed over, twinkling with polite curiousity, his nose twitched slightly in silent amusement. His lips, those lucious perfect lips, were carved into a warm smile as he them wet. When he spoke, Taemin could swear he could literally hear the angels from another galaxy crying out to him.

         "Welcome, Taemin. I'm Minho. I'm looking forward to spend some time with someone else other than these idiots." he grinned at he beckoned towards the now-pouting guys with his head, before continuing with a sincere smile.

         "I'm glad you're here."

        Right then and there, Taemin could swear his negative beliefs on love basically just obliterated before his eyes, as he felt him falling into an endless ambyss by the name Choi Minho