Spiders (Taohun)

EXO AU Drabbles

17. “You literally knocked on my door at 5 in the morning to ask me to kill a spider for you even though we’ve only talked to each other twice and all we said was good morning” AU 


Sehun had fallen asleep on his desk, his head pillowed in his arms over his books because he’d been too tired to get up and walk to his bed, but he was jerked from his sleep when someone knocked on the door only a few feet away from him. His mind was still not totally aware yet and he blinked rapidly, trying to chase away the sleep as his fingers searched for his phone. When they closed around the cool screen, he sat up and turned it on, squinting into the sudden light and groaning when he saw the time. It was 5 in the morning, and whoever was at his door was still knocking. 

Why the hell would anyone show up at his apartment anyway? His friends were all knocked out because they’d been studying, and they’d have just texted him to let them in if it was them. With a sigh, he stood to his feet and dragged himself to the door, sluggishly running a hand through his unruly hair as he opened the door.

“What the hell-” He was cut off, because standing in front of him was his beautiful neighbor that he’d been ogling at since he moved in, and the guy was wearing nothing but a pair of low-hanging sweatpants and his hair was all messed up and damn he looked fine. He was vaguely aware that his mouth was probably hanging open, but the guy was talking suddenly, bringing a hand up to tug at his earring, and Sehun found that it would be very hard not to stare.

“God, I’m so sorry if I woke you up but I fell asleep on my couch and when I woke up I had to go to the bathroom but there’s this huge spider in the doorway of my bathroom and I heard your music was playing so I thought you might be up and I came over to see if you would kill it for me because I really need to use the restroom.” Sehun hadn’t even noticed that his music was on until just then, his head had been to muggy with sleep. Now, though, all traces of sleepiness were gone, replaced with confusion on how they’d gotten into this situation. He didn’t know whether to feel lucky, because he’s able to see his hot neighbor without a shirt and gets to go into the guys house, or to feel a bit annoyed, because who the hell goes around waking up their neighbors to kill a spider? He doesn’t have much time to think about it, though, because the guy, he remembers that the other introduced himself as Zitao once, is pouting at him and looking thoroughly dependent on him. With a sigh, he picked up one of the shoes beside his door.

“Okay, I’ll kill it. Lead the way.” The smile he got in return is bright and thankful and made his heart do back-flips, and he swallowed nervously when he stepped out of his doorway and closed the door behind him, following Zitao into his place. They’d only talked twice, really, the first time was introductions and the second a good morning, and Sehun figured it was because they were always coming and going at different times. He’d seen Zitao in the halls after their short conversation, but he’d never had the guts to go say hi, because he’s Oh Sehun and he doesn’t do those things. But now he was following Zitao, a guy he’d spoken to twice, into his apartment and he never did that either, so who knows.

“Thank you so much, really. See, I’m terrified of spiders and there’s no way I could have made it through the day without your help.” Sehun was pretty sure Zitao was exaggerating just a bit, but he didn’t really mind having to walk into the bathroom alone. He kinda didn’t want to be in a bathroom alone with the guy half anyway. 

Turns out the spider was, in fact, large, and Sehun wondered if it would be weird to say it stared him down when he walked in. He wasn’t a huge fan of spiders either, but from what he could tell, Zitao had been about to cry out of fear, so he figured it was better he do it. With a sigh, he walked over and quickly (because damn that er was terrifying up close and he didn’t want it jumping on him) slammed the shoe down on top of it. When he was sure the thing was dead and not just waiting to kill him, he picked up the shoe and calmly cleaned off the soles with a tissue. When he walked back out, he was met with an armful of shirtless Zitao.

“Thank you! Thank you so much! Oh my god, I need to pay you back or something, since I know I totally woke you up.” Sehun’s cheeks were quickly turning an alarming shade of red and he tried to force down the heat spreading over his body as Zitao pulled back. “How does coffee sound?” The smile tugged at Sehun’s lips out of its own violation, a natural reaction.

“Coffee sounds great, actually.” Zitao’s triumphant smile was something Sehun could probably live off of, and he decided that he didn’t mind waking up quite so early if this was his reward. He didn’t mind at all.


I hope you enjoyed this! Feel free to request a ship and AU on my Tumblr using the links on the Forward page!