Chase Me

A Fool For Me

Solar. Bright like the sun, shining down and illuminating the world with her beautiful voice. All the magazines and tabloids and media shows say the same thing. Sure she has her fair share of haters, doesn’t everyone, but for the most part she is so beloved. Pure and lovely. Beautiful and true to her fans. True to her work. Dedicated to the fame, to her fans. And she loves it. How can she not? This is what she wants. She wants to go on tour and she wants to sell out stadiums and sing her heart out on stage. But, but something is missing.

 

She really is so selfish. More selfish than anyone knows. Odd hours and late nights sees her anxiously waiting, clutching her phone, until she hears that special knock on her hotel door. It wasn’t her idea, a silly idea for a special knock to let her know Byulyi is there. Her Moon. The knock is to the beat of a rap Byulyi wrote for her when they were freshmen in high school. It wasn’t very good, but the sentimental value has always been kept close to Yongsun’s heart.

 

When Yongsun hears that knock she leaps up from the bed and pulls open the door. Byulyi is always ready to catch her when she launches herself at her girlfriend, and spins her around with the biggest smile on her face. Kicking the door closed, Byulyi carries Yongsun to the middle of the room, dumps her on the large bed, falls over her, and kisses her like the whole world is going to end in a few hours.

 

No matter how many years they spend together, their passion still flares like an exploding star.  Days or hours, it doesn’t matter because every time Byulyi sees her Sun, her heart feels as though it could pour out love to fill and drown the whole world.

 

“I love you so much,” Byulyi murmurs against Yongsun’s lips. This close she can see into the dark pools of Yongsun’s eyes; she can see the shimmering swirling ocean of love, adoration, passion, and the more unsettling sorrow that never seems to go away. She longs for the day she will look into Yongsun’s eyes and have the sorrow be gone. For now she can only dull it with sweet words and warm embraces.

“I love you too,” Yongsun whispers, but her voice catches, “you stupid fool.”

Byulyi can only give a sheepish smile. “This fool is happy.”

 

The sorrow widened and bleeds from Yongsun’s eyes. “But for how long?” she whispers,  “How long will you be happy chasing me from city to city. Only ever being able to see me in secret?” Tears glisten but never fall. She knows Byulyi loves her, but it isn’t fair to her. It isn’t fair for Byulyi to give up so much for her.

Byulyi runs a hand across Yongsun’s face, holding it there as Yongsun lefts out a shuddering sigh closing her eyes and leaning into the comfort. Byulyi give a chaste kiss on her lips, then her cheek, eyes, nose, and forehead. “Forever. I can, I want to do this forever. Don’t you remember? In high school, don’t you remember I told you, “I’ll follow you forever, for as long as you’ll let me”.”

 

Yongsun nods and holds Byulyi’s hand to her cheek. “I’m so selfish, I don’t think I could live happily without you. I want you to chase me forever.”

Byulyi smiles. “I’ll chase you forever.”

Yongsun gives a small laugh. “You’re a fool to love me.”

“Then a fool I’ll be, for as long as you’ll have me.”