Jackson and you

Your neighbour Got7

You were in a hurry as you walked to the elevator from your new apartment. You had just moved in. New city, new job, and a new home everything was new to you. You pressed the button to the elevator willing for it to come up sooner, you had been running really late. The door to the elevator opened and you walked in without watching where you were going. You bumped into someone who had been walking out and face planted into his chest. He steadied you by putting his hands on your shoulders. You quickly walked past him mumbling an apology. You heard him chuckle and go his own way without looking back at you.

The elevator finally moved. The start of your morning had been slow you hoped you had a good day ahead at your new job.

You were on your way back to your apartment after a day of work. You were exhausted and all you wanted was your warm bed. You walked out of the elevator and into someone again. Only this time you were more aware of them. Your face was in his chest and noticed how delicious he smelled, like musk and man. You heard him laugh and you looked up at him. He towered over you and his hands were again on your shoulders. You looked up at him and blinked.

He was beautiful. He was dressed in all black, just a simple t-shirt and skinny jeans. You leaned in just a little bit to smell him ever better, it was totally divine. He wore a snapback on his head; you could see blonde hair peaking beneath it. A small smile was playing on his lips. He pulled you both out of the elevator and removed his hands from your shoulders. You tucked you hair behind your ear and blushed. He was just too handsome to look at.

"You know we've got to stop meeting this way." He said and maybe you swooned at how husky his voice was. Maybe.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking and I was in a hurry and right now I'm too tired to keep my eyes open. I'm sorry."

"Naw! Don't apologize. Its fine! I haven't seen you around though."

"Oh yeah I just moved in. Unit 1836."

"That's awesome! You're my neighbour then! I'm Jackson by the way." He extended his hand towards you. You shook his hand firmly and released it.

"I'm Y/n. It was nice to meet you."

His phone rang then.

"Oh I've got to run. I guess I’ll see you around then?"

"Yup. Definitely."

With that both of them walked their own ways.

It had more or less been a week since you'd seen your handsome snapback neighbor. Not that you were looking forward to it, not at all. He looked like he was a fun person and you had no friends in this new city. You thought it would be nice to have someone to rely on. You pushed all those thoughts out of your mind and picked up your mail from the collective mail boxes lined up in the lobby with the numbers of each apartment on the box. You mindlessly picked yours up and made your way to the apartment.

After a while as you were fixing up your dinner you heard your doorbell ring. It was pretty late in the night, who could it be? You opened the door and found your handsome snapback neighbour standing there with a cute grin on his face. He was wearing all black today as well, his smell already intoxicating you.

"Umm hi?" You stuttered.

"I'm sorry to bother you so late into the night but I think you took my mail with you by mistake. The watchman saw you picking it up earlier."

"What? I-- wait a sec!" You ran inside and looked at the mail you had brought up earlier. It had Jackson's name all over it. You slapped your forehead and ran back to the door.

"Here, I'm so sorry. I don't know where I've left my mind." You handed it to him. He put a hand inside his bag and took out several envelopes.

"Since you brought mine, I thought it would be fair to bring you yours." He handed you the mail and smiled. When he smiled his tongue peeked out to wet his lower lip and then hung out for a little while. He was such a puppy you wanted to squish his cheeks.

"Thank you so much. And I’m really sorry. Again."

"It's fine I get it. Well I should get going its late. Be sure to lock up after me."

"Will do. Good night."

"Good night." He suddenly patted your hair and then went away. You stood there hyperventilating before you closed and locked the door.

A few days after that you met Jackson downstairs.

"Hey y/n." He called for your attention.

"Hey Jackson." You waved and smiled. He walked over to you with swagger and grace. You couldn't help but eye the way he moved. He wasn't wearing a snapback today, his blonde hair flopping onto his forehead. He ran his fingers through it, messing it up. He smiled brightly as he reached you and pulled you in a one armed hug. You froze then relaxed, his smell driving you crazy. He your hair once then let you go.

"Hi! Where are you going? It’s cold, and its late."

"I just got back from work and was craving ice cream. So I was going to get some."

"A woman shouldn't go alone at this time. Okay fine, I'll go with you. I have a car."

He pulled you towards his car and you both went that night and got to know each other over choco chip ice cream. He asked for your number and casual run-ins turned into planned meetings. Casual night runs tuned to late night walks. Casual good mornings turned to hugs and warm coffee at each other’s houses. Jackson was your best friend. You did everything together, he even introduced you to his friends and you got to know that he was a fencer training for the Olympics.

Time went on and when Jackson confessed, that beautiful friendship turned to love. He was the best thing that ever happened to you. As you lay in bed now you thought back on time, how you'd been new when you met Jackson and how now, he was your everything. You were finally moving out of your apartment and into his, because tonight Jackson had proposed. He'd asked you to be his forever and you had said yes. You now lay with your head on his chest while he read a book jinyoung had forced on him. He felt you snuggle closer to him and he put his book down. He put both of his arms around you and kissed the top of your head.

"What's wrong sunshine?"

"Nothing. Just thinking."

"About?"

"Us. I think it was good thing I decided to move here."

"I think it was the best thing ever."

He enveloped you in his arms and you thanked your stars that Jackson had been your neighbour.