Perfect Stranger HAITUS

Perfection

It was the day of the flight, Carmen got her stuff ready to go to the airport, she was so excited and scared at the same time. On one hand she finally get to see her grandparents but on the other hand she had to live temporarily in a country she has no knowledge about.

"Jonghwang! Isn't this exciting? I finally get to see my mom after 20 years! I'm really sad that she's very sick but I'm glad to see her before anything bad happens" Carmen's mom exclaimed to her dad. He smiled at her and gave her a tight hug before getting everything into the car.

It took 2 hours to get to the airport, hustle and bustle to get into the plane left them all exhausted as they took their seats and remained silently as it took off. Carmen glanced over to her parents and saw them both sleeping peacefully with their heads against each other. She always admired her parents, she wanted to find someone who will love her the way her father loves her mother and have that perfect relationship that the two of them share.

Carmen started to think of all the things that she would do when she get there, all the places she'll go and people that she will meet. She pulled out the Korean-English Book that she had to help her with her Korean and tried to pronounce the words carefully so she won't mess up in front of anyone. "Annn...yeoong..ha...se...yo?" why is the word 'Hello' so long and hard to say? Annyeonghaseyo? That's crazy. This language is crazy. "nae..ga...ee..re..um...Carmen...ib...ni..da" omg I can't. I just can't. This is too complicated. I'm just going to sleep. She stressfully thought to herself as she closed the book, shut her eyes and began her dreams about her friends she left behind back at home.

Suddenly awoken by the loud noise of the plane landing, she knew they arrived. she wiped her eyes and the drool off her face while her parents were already awake and were looking at each other with excited eyes and shinning smiles.

When they arrived later at her grandmother's home, Carmen took the time to take in all her surroundings. "UMMA! I missed you so much" her mom said in Korean as she ran up to her grandmother and tightly hugged her. "This is Carmen, my daughter. You finally get to see her! Isn't she just pretty?!"

Knowing her mom was now talking about her so she made the attempt to greet her grandmother "uhmm...ann..yeong...ib...nida" damn I feel like I said it wrong. Interrupted by her thoughts was an uproar of laughter coming from the room. Her grandmother smiled at her knowing that she knew nothing of their language and held her hands firmly but gentle at the same time. Looking at her grandmother she felt heartfelt towards her by her warming eyes that looked deeply into hers, she knew how much her grandmother loved her even if this was the first time that they met. It was a beautiful feeling.

After her parents got settled in, Carmen's father came up to her "Honey, if you want you can take a walk at the park nearby. Don't worry, if you get lost you can call us and we'll come for you, just make sure you don't wander off too far, okay? And don't talk to strangers!!" Yeah right dad, even if I wanted to talk to a stranger it's not like I'd understand them

She wandered in the park as she took in the scenery. It was beautiful and peaceful, not much people were around, which was great, no one to approach her and hear her embarrass herself. Taking a seat on the bench, which she didn't notice was currently occupied; she sat there and looked ahead reciting the correct words to say hello. "annyeong...haseyo? Or is it ibnida? Annyeonghaseyo? Anneyong..ibnida?" She was so dazed in her confusion that she didn't notice the person seated beside her is giggling at her Korean. When she finally did, her face turned bright red with embarrassment as she looked downwards and apologized in English, not knowing the Korean word for I'm sorry. Getting up to walk away, she was stopped in her tracks as she heard a faint angelic voice that said "annyeonghaseyo" with the cutest giggle afterwards.

Carmen turned around to meet the face of the person that was just seated beside her, looking at him straight in the face trying so hard not to be absorbed by his perfection. *ring ring* "Hello? Yeah dad I'm on my way home. I'll be there in 2 minutes!" She hung up and started running towards the direction of her grandmother's house, leaving the perfect stranger behind her.

 

I wonder if I'll ever see him again.

 

I hope not... I totally embarrassed myself in front of him. He's probably going to laugh about me with his friends.

 

Little did she know he was still standing where she left him, unmoved, with his heart beating so fast that he kept replaying that image of your flush red cheeks beside him.

"I need to see her again"

 

 

Author's note

Guys, I'm so sorry that I'm not at all good at writing. I'm seriously coming up with everything at the moment of writing it.

It's a very slow start and I'm sorry about that but I hope you keep on reading cause I promise I'll get better!

Don't you just think it's funny the way she said "Annyeongibnida"? Lol that's like saying I'm Hi. Haha. Such fail. I'd be embarrass too.

Please support me!! I'm looking forward to your comments! Thank you!