-02- mobile

Your emotions, my echoes

 

 

 

 

 

02-01

Taehyun knew when Mino was feeling vulnerable; it is the only time when he would give the most unconvincing smile that fools no one and acts as if his insecurities and troubles are not a big deal.

People around them say that Mino does not like to be a burden and so he always buries his negative feelings deep inside, choosing instead to show a strong front to the others. Mino is surrounded with great people who would freely offer him help and advice. Their members are trustworthy, their seniors are wise, their juniors are passionate, and his friends are experienced. There is no shortage of reliable people around him.

But the maknae cannot explain the elated feeling he gets when his hyung would unexpectedly ask for his advice instead. Asking for his time, for his ideas, for his opinion; amongst all those other great people that Taehyun would not even dream of being affiliated with. The maknae himself knows that his coarse approach in life, his straightforwardness in talking and unbiased view in giving opinion could be unpleasant to some people, but maybe that is what his hyung wants from him. It speaks volume to the younger one that his hyung could depend on him especially when Taehyun is being his own self.

 

 

Mino knew when Taehyun is feeling vulnerable; even if the maknae's natural face seems stoic, he is the most expressive when it comes to actually showing emotions. He remembers hating the times when the younger's eyes would fill with distress from their trainee days, when he would shrink back for being harshly reviewed by the CEO, when he would put on an impassive face during official meetings or ceremonies to hide his anxiousness.

Mino cannot explain why he feels troubled seeing the maknae behaving that way, no, actually he does. He knows how confident and cheerful his maknae could be without all those bitter emotions gripping him. He wants to wipe away the sourness on Taehyun face, he wants to stand between the world and what is precious to him and be the shield to cover them from hurt.

But he knows that the younger one would not easily pour his troubles onto people, and so Mino revels in the uncanny way he and Taehyun would naturally just gravitate towards each other and ends up standing or sitting side by side during those hard moments. He does not know how it happened, but he is a bit thrown off guard by his selfish desire to be the dependable man that Taehyun would rely upon.

 

 

02-02

Taehyun knew when Mino was feeling playful; he would start dancing around or doing weird gestures all on his own while trying to drag others into his antics. Mino is known for his pleasant nature and people will somehow find themselves unintentionally being roped into his pace easily. Taehyun loves the moment when Mino is being carefree without the expectation of people or the constant camera crews around him. His demeanour would turn sillier, sure, but his mannerism would also grow more relaxed and unexpectedly charming.

Although Taehyun might feel it is a bit troublesome to respond to Mino's nonsense but when he does, the younger secretly loves it a lot, seeing how pleasantly surprised his hyung would react. His hyung's bright expression is so delightful to look at, but Taehyun does not overindulge because he once heard that desirable things often tempt someone to act foolishly. He does have some image to maintain.

 

 

Mino knew when Taehyun was feeling playful; he would amazingly initiate contact first with people around him and proceed to act spoiled. Taehyun is very good at teasing others with his cheeky words and haughty but loveable attitude. He is also very good at playing truant when he wants more attention. When he is in this rare saucy-mood, all the other members would jump into the opportunity to shower him with an abundant amount of affection and attentiveness until the younger feels drowned with their love.

It is quite obvious that the younger loves seeing Mino get flustered the most over his teasing, and Mino cannot help but to also indulge the maknae because as the saying goes; “if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing." After all, seeing Taehyun's usually cool face turns gleeful is one of Mino's favourite things in the world.

 

 

02-03

Taehyun knew when Mino is feeling lonely.

It seems like an impossible occurrence because his hyung is a social butterfly by nature. But there are moments when his hyung will be on the phone, talking or texting; trying to catch up with his huge circle of friends, his mood afterwards will turn melancholic. He would stare at the phone or an empty space with an unreadable gaze and that blank look just seems to unnerve the younger one a lot. Taehyun would assume that his hyung sometimes misses those episodes in his life where he spends it with his previous groups. Or maybe he wishes for everyone he knows to have smooth sailings in their journeys. It is all just made up stories and guessing in Taehyun's head, he does not know what is really playing in his hyung's mind and he cannot dissect the older's brain to help remove his worries no matter how hard he wish it was physically possible.

When the maknae sees his dispirited hyung on the phone, he would forward some funny cat videos or pictures, or a light manhwa to their group chat (he does not want to make his intention too obvious). It is not much but he hopes that it will cheer up his hyung even for just a bit.

 

 

Mino knew when Taehyun is feeling lonely.

He will sometimes get texts from Taehyun when the boy is away on his drama shoots, asking him what he is doing or if he knows about certain trends that his co-stars are talking about that have been going on the net. Mino would make sure to reply to the maknae properly and fast because he has some inkling that Taehyun is probably feeling uncomfortable and anxious all on his own. Sometimes when he is at the studio recording some beats or doing dance practice, Taehyun would suddenly show up and join him after texting his whereabouts. If they were actually near each other, he would find the maknae ditching whatever tasks he had been doing just to casually follow Mino around; be it something as mundane as going to the convenience store or doing something he dislikes such as exercising at the company's gym.

The older does not mind the tagging along, not at all, because he is glad that his presence seems to benefit the younger even if for a bit.

 

 

02-04

Taehyun knows when Mino is being affectionate; for one, he is not subtle at all when showing his attachment. The older's tenderness comes from every fibre of his being; be it his touch, his thoughts, his gaze or even his voice. Especially his voice.

Taehyun feels that Mino is almost unfair with his deep baritone voice and persuasive choice of words that seems to captivate people. When Taehyun first wore a choker, he was afraid that it will look awkward on a man, but Mino then admiringly told him that he looked more sensual with the added accessory. It reminds him of the time when his hyung would adoringly tell him repeatedly how he finds the younger's slanted eyebrows unique and (he begrudgingly accepts it,) cute. Or how much he is fond of the maknae's middle parting hairstyle that seemed so natural on him, the way it shows off his delicate features neatly.

His hyung’s way of showing love to people is through body contact; he does it openly with all the other members but it is not news that the younger feels iffy towards those kinds of acts. Still, the maknae loves affection just like any other person and so he is gratefully thankful that Mino is keen of how he is not fond of boisterous outbursts and approach him instead with warm hugs and soothing touches. Furthermore, Taehyun will certainly tolerate any type of skinship his hyung dishes out if it will, in return, having his hyung showering him with paid meals and expensive colognes in the end.

 

 

Mino knows when Taehyun is being affectionate; he will appeal to your strongest desire (like Mino's desire for art and food) and shower you with constant gifts related to it. The younger lives his life seeking pleasure and comfort and is mightily generous towards anyone he cherishes. Mino can definitely feel Taehyun’s warmth from the way he blindingly smiles at people, the way he shyly compliments others, the way he sensually links his fingers with the fans, and most of all, the way he meaningfully glances at a person.

Mino knows that his own personality is full of fire; completely opposite of the younger’s cool façade. Sometimes his enthusiasm and driving force could get too much even for himself, that is when he appreciates the maknae’s calming attentiveness and collected company by his side. Taehyun does not just humour him emotionally or lavish him with gifts when he feels like it; he would also be the anchor to Mino’s frenetic life. Mino’s role has always been to initiate and to live in constant move, and Taehyun is his ever steady rock; to react, preserve and warmly support him to steadfastness. He does it with such care and tact that it amazes the older dearly on how gentle the maknae is when it is regarding a person’s lifestyle.

The maknae is also wonderfully traditional when showing his attachment to people. Mino can tell that Taehyun is totally hooked when he would cook you meals, feed you his food, or share his pleasure of delicious dishes at his favourite restaurants. The older contently accept to being doted upon by his precious maknae’s food-sharing intimacy even if it grievously spells him a few extra hours at the gym in the end.

 

 

02-05

Taehyun is unsure if what he is sometimes feeling is maybe…jealousy?

Taehyun has to admit that he likes the older man’s constant attention, but his hyung is just too generous and over friendly with who he is spending his time with that it sparks a possessive feeling in the maknae's heart. At first, Taehyun was sure that he is jealous of his hyung’s charming disposition that seems to attract everyone, but now it slowly changes to him being irritated at everyone instead; for being the centre of Mino’s attention. It is a bit unnerving what he is currently feeling.

Taehyun did not notice his moping face when Mino is complementing their hyung’s beauty, Taehyun did not notice his lack of interest when Mino’s friends showed up, Taehyun did not notice how annoyed he gets when seeing Mino is having too much fun with someone else, and Taehyun certainly could not understand why Mino has so many fangirls. He is by far the most obnoxious, loud, not your typical fair skinned, smart, mysterious, flower boy - boyfriend that everyone is dreaming of. All these surplus attention is troublesome.

But honestly, Taehyun is a bit worried that if he is not careful, the craving he has for his hyung’s attention might get out of hand and embarrass him one day.

 

 

Mino is unsure of what he is feeling…is this jealousy?

There are moments when he feels that his maknae would treat him coldly without him really knowing the cause of it. Often enough he had stated that the younger’s mood swings are so hard to predict but Mino does not know why it happens only when it comes to him and not someone else. He is envious of how laidback the maknae is with their older hyungs, or at how tolerant he is with their naggy leader. He feels like he is the only one amongst them that needs to scale the mountains in order to stay in Taehyun’s good side and that just baffles him sometimes.

Moreover, every time he compliments on how good the maknae looks, he will just get a fraction of a sly glance and a smirk in return. At first he thought that is just how the younger reacts when being surprised by compliments but when someone else does it to him, the younger would smile pleasingly and thank the person for their “kind words”. Oh boy, Mino certainly cannot control his detached smile during those times.

Honestly, he is a bit worried that maybe one day he might just corner Taehyun somewhere secluded and demand for a better treatment from him. It alarms him because he himself cannot explain why he is so bothered by those things in the first place...

 

 

 

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. "

― Andre Gide

 


 

::

Thank you to anyone who gave this fic a try and special thanks to :- 

|| nuriko729 || I hope you will kept entertained by this fic. Thank you for the 1st comment! <3

|| yoshie_128 || Thank you for dropping by, I really love namsong personalities. They are polar opposites!

::