Outtake One: First Date - Part One

Taking Chances

A/N: Sorry for the delay! This is for quicksilver18, who requested a date scene. I decided to write about their first official date in this story. Unfortunately, it was beginning to get too long for a chapter, so I decided to split it up into parts. This is the first. Enjoy!

Tapping his foot impatiently, Taejoon stood by the gates of St. Blossoms, anxiously scanning the students for Jaehee’s face. It had been weeks since he had last seen her, and he was missing her desperately. Luckily, the fact that she lived in his house made it easier to see her; all he had to do was say that he was going to see his father, and they would accept that more easily. But for now, he really just wanted to spend time with her alone.

Tugging at the hat that was disguising his face, he glanced around once more and sighed. He had completely rearranged his practice schedule and sacrificed a few precious hours of sleep in order to get the weekend off, and he really didn’t want to spend a large percentage of his free time on an a Friday afternoon waiting for her in the cold. Shifting around in his spot in a pathetic attempt to warm up, he missed the petite missile that rammed into him, forcing him back a few steps.

“I’m so sorry! Did I hurt you?” A familiar voice frantically questioned.

Taejoon stood there stunned, not expecting to have the girl he was waiting for to find him first, although she apparently hadn’t recognized him yet. The girl looked up, still rattling off apologies and queries of concern, before stopping abruptly. “Taejoon?” She whispered disbelievingly.

“Hey, long time no see,” he said sheepishly.

“Wh-what are you doing here?” she hissed furiously, frantically glancing around. “You could have been recognized!”

“I wanted to see you,” he replied, slightly indignant. “Besides, if I had been recognized, I would have been swamped with fans by now. And anyways, Hanna’s actions back when she was crazy about me made this school a slightly safe place for me to come rarely.”

Translation: She went so crazy that the other girls are too scared to even think about him positively, let alone come near him in fear of her wrath. Jaehee sighed, and began dragging a pouting Taejoon away from the school. “Let’s not test fate right now. You can tell me what you wanted to say once we get home, okay?” When did he become so childish?

Appeased with her for now, he quickly strode forward and laced his fingers with hers. “Come on then, we should hurry.” He paused to flash a brilliant smile at her, and continued walking, this time at the same pace as her.

Dazed by the effect of his smile on her, she didn’t protest.

:::

“So, Taejoon,” Jaehee questioned, having recovered her wits upon returning to a safe place, “Why did you risk exposure by coming to see me at school?”

“I missed you…” He told her sincerely, struggling to find the words to express the entirety of the sentiment behind those three simple words. Forming an adequate explanation as to what he was feeling, Taejoon gazed directly at her, in order to convey how utterly truthful he was being at this point. “For several months, we spent near every single moment together, even if we weren’t alone. After spending so much time with you, and then having to separate and rarely see each other, how can I not want to see you, especially with how much I care for you?”

Stunned at the sudden outpouring of emotion, Jaehee scrambled to refocus her thoughts onto the current situation, and quickly pointed out quite a few holes in his explanation. “That was meant to distract me, wasn’t it? As sweet as the sentiment is, I am residing in your childhood home. You can visit me as often as you like, and possibly even more under the pretenses of visiting your father. Not only that, but we’re going to working together in a while, so we’ll be able to see each other quite often there.” A smirk popped onto her face; wanting to shock Taejoon, she continued. “You see me way too often to sincerely miss me, and as romantic as the thought of you missing me the second we part from each other is, in actuality the idea is also very scary. Are you beginning to develop codependency issues focused on me?”

The track star sputtered in a mix of outrage and embarrassment. “No!” he exclaimed. “I just wanted to take you out on a date, so we could get to know each other better, and this time not under false pretenses!”

“Oh,” she responded blankly, not exactly sure what to say to this. “When do you want to go on this date?”

“In an hour,” he admitted sheepishly. “I already made reservations.”

The girl stared at the other silently for several minutes; her unusually emotionless face causing no small amount of squirming to go on inside Taejoon’s head.

“So,” she began, trying to hold back her rather righteous fury. “You came all the way to my high school –an all-girls school at that- under a rather paltry disguise on a mere whim to take me out on a date. Not only that, you completely disregarded my possible refusal because you already made reservations before even thinking about asking me out. You didn’t even ask, you just told me that we’re going out. What would you have done if I had plans? What if I just didn’t want to go out with you?”

“Uh, I-I,” Taejoon began to stutter, confused and admittedly quite scared at the sudden personality switch of the girl he had lived with for quite a while. Women are scary, he thought to himself. Pulling himself together, he decided the best thing to do was to immediately beg for her forgiveness. “I’m sorry. I didn’t realize that you felt so strongly about this. I know I shouldn’t have sprung this on you quite so suddenly, but I just missed you greatly, and I wanted to spend some time with you, and only you. If I had known, I would have been much more careful.”

Somewhat mollified by his apology, Jaehee calmed down. “An hour, you said?” she asked. “You are so lucky I’m not a normal girl, or there would have been even more problems. An hour isn’t nearly enough time to properly get ready for a date for a regular girl. Just give me a half-hour and I should be ready.  But next time you won't be so lucky. Anyways, you should take this time to get ready too, or do you just want me to be the only one dressed up?”

Teasing Taejoon with her parting words, she went upstairs to change, leaving a blushing and oddly relieved Taejoon behind, scrambling to change into something suitable.

The next part should be up soon. Please let me know what you think!