일 (il)

How Much Is Your Heart Worth?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm not supposed to be the heroine of this story- anything but. I'm more of a villian, to be exact. But a villian by circumstance.

It's not like I ever had to justify myself to anyone.

-

"Kil Tae Ran, remember your purpose." I stared at my own reflection in the mirror forlornly as I spoke these exact same words I did every morning, like a ritual of sorts. I then proceeded to change into formal clothes, getting ready for the first day of work at Do Corporations. First day of work since my graduation, actually.

Did I feel jittery? Excited? None of these feelings actually, because I've never been more ready for any moment of my life.

You see, ever since I took up my business administration and international law double degree till the graduation day I emerged top of my class with honours, I only had this one purpose in mind.

I left my flat- in which I stayed all by myself- with a relaxed smile on my face.

-

"That's her, Kil Tae Ran!"

"She was the valedictorian of Hanyang University!"

"Ah, no wonder she's filling in big shoes! Managing director, no less."

"Just a greenhorn... What does she know about managing such a large global corporation like ours?"

"Nothing." I turned around, smiling placidly, to the shock of the receptionists at the lobby counter of this magnificent corporation building. "That's why I have a lot to learn from all of you." I completed my sentence with a slow, respectful bow before continuing my way towards the lift.

My pleasant first encounter with the staff of Do Corporations was not gone unnoticed.

"These lowranks have no right in talking to you like this, miss." A sharply-dressed man who couldn't be much older than me, yet carrying himself with so much pride and poise, had joined me out of nowhere and b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter