final.

primary colors

Jongdae made his way over to the steps at which Baekhyun was sitting at and sat next to him. Above them stood Kyungsoo and Chanyeol; the newest couple in school. Baekhyun stared at them through the small cracks between each step, Jongdae couldn't help but to do the same. The younger looked back down at Baekhyun, the latter still staring above as Jongdae noticed the look of despair in his eyes.

 

"How does it feel?" Jongdae took another glance between the cracks. Chanyeol's arms were wrapped around Kyungsoo's small body, protecting him, as they stared out the window and into the night sky. "Watching Chanyeol and Kyungsoo together." Jongdae added. Baekhyun blinked once before fixing his sight on Jongdae. He stood silent for a second, letting his thoughts roam around for an answer.

 

"Like," Baekhyun stopped himself, his eyes b with tears as he thought about it. "Like I'm five words away from finishing an essay and I run out of ink." Baekhyun simply said. He doesn't go too into it, but Jongdae understood him perfectly. Baekhyun has known Chanyeol the longest out of the three of them; loved him the longest. He's tried on multiple occasions to confess to him, but his own nerves and thoughts have kept him from even uttering a single word of affection to Chanyeol. Just when he thought he had built up enough confidence to actually do so, Chanyeol decided to begin his own essay, if you will, with Kyungsoo, taking whatever ink Baekhyun had and disposing of it before the older could finish his. 

 

"Why don't you start another essay?" Jongdae suggested. Or help complete another's, Jongdae thought. "With a different color of ink." He added. Jongdae's been crushing on Baekhyun ever since he had even known what the meaning of liking someone meant. Watching Baekhyun fall in love with Chanyeol was, in a way, a part of his essay. Though, unlike Baekhyun, Jongdae hasn't run out of ink, but rather run out of ideas. Ideas to win Baekhyun over, to make him his. That is until now.

 

"I like you, Baekhyun." Jongdae nearly whispered. Baekhyun's eyes were staring up into his as Jongdae leaned forward, pressing his lips against the older's. Baekhyun soon gave in, his lips slowly beginning to move along with Jongdae's as he brought his hand up to caress the younger's cheek.

 

"I like you too, Jongdae." Baekhyun whispered between kisses, completing the final five words of his essay with the color choice of purple.