I Was Just An Afterthought

Love Has No Boundaries

 

“Wae? What’s wrong?” Jaejoong turned around and looked down at you.

You put your finger to your lips and made a ‘shh’ noise. *Why Infinite out of all people?!* you thought as you peeked to the side.

Jaejoong turned his head to the direction you were looking at. “Do you know them?” he arched his eyebrow.  “Are you dating one of them without me knowing?!” Jaejoong exclaimed like a child and pointed an accusing finger at you.

“Quiet down oppa! Let’s go eat somewhere else.” you susurrated.

“Welcome to the grand opening of our new restaurant! Seats for how many?” an ahjussi greeted happily at you two.

“Oh agashi, welcome back!” the ahjussi saw you in your hiding spot. *Great* You stood straight up and smiled back at him.

“I see you brought your boyfriend tonight. You two match very well! Come this way.” He motioned you two to a table.

“Too late to leave now. Thinking about it, I don’t mind eating here.” Jaejoong chuckled and took your hand. You were in panic mode when you were near Infinite. You quickly grabbed Jaejoong’s arm and squeezed your cheek next to it.

Sunggyu smelt a humble scent and looked up. *Smells like Yoon-Mi’s fragrance, or maybe it’s just common*

To your consternation, your table was just to the side of Infinite’s.

 “Can we please have a serve of udon noodles and dubbokki please?” Jaejoong went ahead and ordered.

Dongwoo’s sharp eyes caught a beautiful recognisable face. “Ya, ya! Isn’t that her?” Dongwoo whispered to Hoya. All 6 heads whirled their head towards you.

 “Who hyung?” Woohyun curiously peeked.

“The one I was telling you about, who paid for the meals last time.”

“REALLY?! Where?” Sunyeol became alerted with excitement.

“Stop making a commotion and eat your food. It’s rude to stare and hover over people.” Sunggyu claimed.

The rest of Infinite members settled back in their chair and would look frequently over at your table.

“I can’t see, why is your head so big Hoya?” Sungyeol kept bobbing up and down to have a look.

Feeling the hot tension, you started to shove food down your throat. *They can’t tell it’s me right? They shouldn’t be able to tell*

“Woah, easy there. You’ll get indigestion.” Jaejoong grabbed your hand to stop the continuous consumption.

You gave him a look with your cheeks filled with food as you tried to muffle your words thru.

“Very lady like. Why? Do you want me to feed you?” Jaejoong offered with a wink.

Shaking your head, you continued to eat. *Why do I feel like I’m the older one most of the time* You slurped the last bit of soup and slammed your spoon on the table and called for the cheque. The boss came running over.

“How much ahjussi?” you breathed heavily and wiped your mouth.

“Don’t worry about this one. My special promotion and offer for you two! Thank you and come again!” he waved.

Pulling on Jaejoong’s arm, you waved back and trudged out the door. “Kamsamida!”

“Why the rush Yoon-Mi ah?”

“I don’t like seeing people I know around.” You muttered and exhaled a big breath. “Let’s call it a night oppa. I feel a bit sick...”

“Araso. I’m impressed you’re not getting a stomach ache. My baby is such an elephant.” Jaejoong cooed as he ruffled your hair.

“Stop teasing me!” you ran after Jaejoong as he pretended to dodge you. The both of you laughed and headed to his car.

Sungjong was pressing his face against the glass window watching you all this time. L came over and looked at the makne. “What are you doing?”

Sungjong slightly jumped and put his hand over his beating chest. “Hyung, you scared me. Don’t appear like that!”

L rasied his eyebrow. “I was here all this time.  Are you spying on someone?”

“Not technically, but that girl from before, the one Dongwoo hyung pointed out…swear I’ve seen her somewhere. Don’t you think so hyung?”

L didn’t answer and gazed out the window. *It’s not just me then*

---

It has been 2 weeks since Infinite’s appearance and your school life has changed for the worse. Infinite would refuse but to sit with you at lunch and stuck to you like glue. Although they have befriended many friends but they didn't miss a chance sitting with you.

You would walk the opposite direction if you encounter one of them but they would call out your name.

Was it genuine common courtesy? Were they being serious about befriending you? You had no idea but just to go with the flow. As long as you kept minimal social contact, it should be alright... well that's what you hoped.

More students at school glared daggers your way every day because of the interaction you have with them. You weren’t the most hated student at school before, now you were.

*I should have never talked to them in the beginning. Joo-Eun would probably torment my high school life, not that she hasn’t already.* you pondered as you came out of the bathroom.

An annoyed and pissed Joo-Eun bumped into you on her way in.

*Speaking of the devil, just my luck.* You walked to the side not only to be blocked by her again. You sighed and looked at her. “Is there a problem?”

“You.” She hissed. “I don't get why you keep forcing the boys of Infinite to sitck near you.”

"I'm not forcing them, they can do whatever they want. Free country.” You sneered at her and stepped to the side. Joo Eun reached her arm out in front of you. “Don’t be a smartass Kim Yoon-Mi. You know better than anyone not to mess with me.”

You didn’t have the motivation to argue with some arrogant so you pushed her arm away and strolled off.

Joo Eun scoffed at your rebellious action towards her. *No one dares insurgent against me!* Fury started to boil up in her. “You better watch out!” she screamed down the hallway.

*What did I do? Did I just talk back to the queenka of the school? God, I’m doomed!* you panicked as you quickened your pace.

It was the end of your last lesson and your big project was handed out. “Kids, remember this is due next week so better start working. This affects your marks.” the teacher reminded.

Sungjong enthusiastically turned to you. “Should we start on it tomorrow? Where do you want to do it?”

You banged your head on the table and sighed. *Where did I have the guts to stand up to her?! I’m dead meat now, there goes the rest of my happy and quiet days of school*

“Yoon-Mi, what’s wrong? Are you sick? Yoon-Mi ah~” Sungjong patted your shoulders. Your attention came back to him, “Sorry what did you say?”

Sungjong chuckled. “Well since it’s Saturday tomorrow, I was questioning you where you want to start the project?”

“Um…” *No good at my place* glancing at Sungjong you bit your bottom lip. “Library?”

“mm…I tend to get sleepy if I’m in the library, how about ...... my place?” Sunjong beamed.

“Y-your place?” you asked, bewildered as Sungjong keenly shook his head. “Is that ok?”

“Sure…”

“Great, here’s my address and number. Give me a call if you need help getting there.” Sungjong wrote down the details and gave it to you. “Txt me when you’re near yea?”

You unsurely took the piece of paper and warily looked at it. *On second thought…*

 “Oh! That’s the bell, I’m off now. See you tomorrow Yoon-Mi ah!” Sungjong waved.