Wrong Decision

LESSON 1 : DESIRE

 

 

He seems nervous and somehow shy. I break his grip on my wrist and sit next to him. He closes his eyes, when he opens them back he speaks with a low voice as a mixture of worry and shyness.

“Can I stay here until I find a place to live and get a job?”

I sigh “So you are not going back huh? Here is the thing…”

He gently interupts me, looking away with dark eyes.

“Please do not begin with the crap that I should not do this just tell me…”

I speak without thinking and my voice is softer than I expect

“No I won’t”

He looks into my eyes probably trying to understand if I do this just to calm him down. I keep talking with that soft voice “You can stay here”

He smiles saying “Thanks”

Then I say “I will go get ready” leaving him alone as I think he needs it.

I look for a shirt and a skirt that would match. I decide on white sleevless chipon shirt and tight mini white skirt. When I realize I have no time to deal with my hair I just clasp it and move on to make up. I never wear too much make up so I am ready soon. When I call out J and ask what he is going to do he says

“I will go and pack my things up, bring them here then I will join your lesson. Are you ok with that?”

I look for the extra keys and grab my purse, make my way to living room. When I pass the keys to him J touches my fingers for a few seconds and looks up to down carefully.

“I probably won’t be around afternoon so you will need these”

He nods and I turn away, putting my hand on the wall bend over to wear my high heels. He keeps looking at me so I wave with a slight smile. When I get out I realize he was exactly looking at my hips I smile, shaking my head

“Uhhh troublemaker kid”

I just go to campus, make my way to the room that I share with other 3 asistants, However I think I am late only one of them was earlier then me. Glad that it was Madison. I feel comfortable as the other two gossipers are not around yet. Madie is a nice girl who minds her own business and she is fun to talk too. She whines about the paperwork left. I smile

“You only go through the article reading process at least I give lessons too”

She laughs “Can you guess how the Chattiebirds would be like if they hear that?”

I mimic one of them and speaking with her voice “That is the duty o an asistant… Leave if you are not happy”

She rolls her eyes and mimics the other one then we laugh. One of them arrives before we quit laughing so we pretend that we are talking about a funny pic. When the time of the lesson comes I grab my books and make my way to the class. I check the plan on my mind while walking on the hallway. I am glad this morning’s class is an easy one. The lesson goes smoothly so I am not tired at all. The other class is a little bit more demanding. I am prepared through knowing that. That one ends with one or two problems. What I am worried is the next lesson as it is J’s class. I curse at myself for not warning him to keep things as a secret. Though he is smart I have no idea he will be considerate and pray for things to go normal. I walk in with the following of some students’ comments on my look. I casually smile and say “Thanks”. Not giving them chance to go any further. I take a quick look at J. He is looking around, acting cool as usual so I feel relaxed. When this lesson it is the end of my duty at campus so I make my way to my room.

On the hallway I bump into Nate, an asisstant who is likely to have his degree of associate proffesor. He is a smart man with killer look. He is tall, slim, fit and has bright gren eyes completing that beautiful face. He is a workaholic and a kind of cold. Rumors has it people think he likes me.

When he sees me Nate smiles, offering to go for a drink. I do not see any reason to turn him down so we walk to somewhere near.

The place is small and colorful. On the right corner there is a bar that 5 or people can sit. I sort of like it and expect a warm conversation. As we make our way to bar Nate orders two beers then explains

“I have always liked this place. They make their own beer and it tastes amazing”

I smile however I think he needs to ask if I like beer though I let things ride. I start to drink along as he talks about future.

“I want to become a profesor before I turn into 30 and…”

I like talking about future but not in this way. He is a kind of avid and wants to control every step. I try to follow however I am bored. I think of different things so slip off the conversation that was going on. He asks

“Ashley… When are you going to have your degree?”

I try to collect myself but miserably fail

“Ummm… I don’t know I will study when I feel like to do it and I have no time because of the lessons”

He is surprised looking at me with wide eyes

“Don’t you… Don’t you want to have it before its too late?”

I give him a forced smile

“Depends on when you think late is”

He calls the guy to refill our glasses. I gesture to barman not to refill mine but Nate tells him to do. I try to drink but my stomach refuses it. When I leave it unfinished Nate tells me to go on. I refuse but he does not get I do not feel ok. I tell him that I have to leave. We walk back, Nate smiles and nods “I’ll see you around then”

I get into my car and drive in peace as am not drunk. Still I prefer cross roads not to get caught by traffic cops. When I am finally in front of my door I find my keys to open my door, keep grumbling as I enter

“…Ahh he kept talking about business, he didn’t even ask what I want to drink… Uhh I don’t know but…”

I shake my head in disbelief when I notice J rising from his place. I curse at myself when I see him looking at me with a cunning crooked smile.

“Not to cross the line but it looks like someone came from a date”

I feel like talking to him but I am well aware of I need to keep my distance. When he makes his way to me I smile, speaking with a low voice

“You indeed are crossing the line… maybe you should behave You know asking your teacher about personal issues…”

He gently cuts me off getting closer, sniffs the air then abruptly asks

“Did he drive you home?”

I shake my head as no, almost noticing his point. J takes a step back, looks at me directly

Ms Ashley you were on a date with a guy who made you drink alcohol that you don’t even like then let you drive by yourself yet I am the one who needs to behave?”

I snap at him

“Watch what you say, will you?”

He shrugs “Forgive me as I was expecting smarter choices from my dear teacher”

Damn this kid and his smartass mouth. I grunt my teeth take one step to him

“Let me make something clear you may stay here with me but you do not get to mess with the things that I do”

He is surprised by my reaction, looking at me with huge eyes. He turns into that innocent boy,saying

“It’s just who the hell let’s a girl drive in a situation like this”

I laugh at his remark.

“I am not drunk actually I am quite enduring to alcohol”

J rolls his eyes at me saying

“You get drunk or not he should not have let you drive in that situation that is being considerate”

If to be honest I was surprised that he is able to think in this way. Then J gets playful

“Admit it he knows nothing and you have been bored”

I cannot help but laugh

“Ahh he really has no clue. It was horrible. Actually I need another drink”

Suddenly he stands up, opens his luggage and picks up a green bottle.

“You knew about ramen so I suppose you heard about this too”

I reach for the bottle while murmuring in amusement

“Soju huh I have always wanted to try this but had no idea how could I find one”

He claps his hands once and seems excited, almost whispering

“Let’s play truth or dare?”

I abruptly ask before heading to change into something comfortable.

“Isn’t that game out… Does anyone still play it?”

J shrugs without looking at me as he is still focused on the bottle and when he is finished oppening it he looks up

“Who cares as long as it is fun but if you say dare you have to do what is requested, no backsies ok?”

So he is challenging me now? That kid…Soon I am in my low cut shorts and black tank top. I grab two shot glasses, placing them on the low rechtangle coffee table and sit across him cross legged.

I grunt my teeth “Fine ! You go first”

He says “Truth”

I close my eyes and try to find something to ask

“Umm… Let’s begin with a simple one. Why were those guys following you?”

He simply looks at me and answers in a cool way

“They were just a bunch of robbers. They wanted my money and cell but I refused”

Then he begins to giggle “…Uhh I wanted to drink this though. Now it’s your turn”

I take a loud breath and smile

“Truth”

He pouts, looking down

“I was hoping you to say dare… The most embrassing moment you had?”

Seriously ?! J really is giving me trouble. I laugh at the memory of opening my ex boyfriend’s gift at my birthday party.

There was a big dark blue box with silver ribbon on it. I had no idea what was it so I opened in with an innocent excitement. When I saw there were 3 pairs of lace underwear and a great amount of various condoms in it I turned into scarlet red. My friends were all shocked and they kept looking at each other. I shook it of by laughing but I was truely embaressed.

Coming back to reality I think there is noway that I am telling such a memory to this kid. I laugh by myself and reach out to shot glass. My goal is to drink it not to answer. All of a sudden J grabs my wrist and looks at me with a curious expression, his voice is low

“It is something funny right? Just tell me…”

I shake my head but he does not let my hand go

“Just tell it” he insists.

I nod then tell the story. By the end he is literally rolling on the floor, laughing out loud. I cannot stop myself slapping his arm. He looks at me with those cresscent shaped eyes

“Ok no comments but he knew what he was doing. This time I will go with dare”

The fact that he says dare makes me smile. Time to get my revenge. I bring my red ribbon buckle and stick it to his hair.

“I dare you to act cute… Uhh what was it called...”

When I am lost of the words he completes

“You mean aegyo… No don’t make me do it Really uhh no”

J drinks the shot, disappointing me.

I frown “I thought you had the guts… I wanted to see it though”

He rolls his eyes yet gives me a one second so called “aegyo”

Turns his hands into fists, rolling them under his eyes with puffed lips. I just cannot take it and burst into laughter. J unbuckles the ribbon, squints at me while speaking with a dangerously sweet voice. I choose truth, he asks some ridiculous questions so I drink the shot instead. J chooses truth.

“Craziest thing that you have ever done?”

He laughs, telling it right away.

“Swimming with my girlfriend in the middle of the night. We were at a party and instead of leaving we hide. When people left we just took our clothes off and jumped in the pool. It was a chilly night and we ended up being sick”

J is a little bit confusing. Sometimes he looks so innocent that I almost feel like he has no clue about life then he tells something that making my jaw drop and I think he is crazy. I speak before thinking, whispering

“When I wanted to try that my boyfriend didn’t let me”

J gives me a crooked grin along with a husky voice

“You still can try it you know?”

I raise an eyebrow with cold eyes.

“Are you effin’ serious right now?”

He shrugs

”Chill… Smiling suits you better stop with that look… Now your turn”

The way that he says it cause me think it is not a compliment but what he really wants. Whatsoever I move on choosing dare.

He bits his bottom lip with a playful expression.

“I dare you to show me a y dance”

I slap his arm and let out a Korean slang under my hiss

“Michin saekki… You are being too much. I am not doing this”

When I am about to stand up he chokes, looking at me with wide eyes.

“What…Wait… What did you say? Have you just called me crazy bastard in Korean?”

Ohh my f**king god… I cannot belive it is out loud but acting cool as much as possible.

“You shouldn’t have been surprised. This was not the only thing that I know. I have visited Seoul as a tourist before”

By his face I can tell he is in utter shock however he manages to speak

“I am surprised but I can handle that later. I am not gonna let this dance thing go”

My hopes of him to be distracted by this fades away so I tell him to give me some music. He looks at me with that cunning smile, waiting excitedly. He takes his phone and portable speakers then asks if I am ready. I nod and when the music starts I realize it is one of the K-pop songs that I know. I just catch up with the chareography on my mind and begin to dance. He is surprised switching the song. I just go randomly this time doing some body rolls, parting my legs, adding some but shake while still keeping it classy. When I am on my knees I flip my hair, constantly opening and closing my knees. I stop when I realize J forget breathing and looking at me with hawk eyes. Having no idea why I am satisfied with myself, I let a carefree giggle out.

“This should be enough… Let me guess you thought I could not pull this?”

J was still startled but soon he comes to his senses, smirking

”True so I could not enjoy the show Can I see it again?”

I shrug and laugh as I suppose he is joking around. When I sit back to my place he protested.

“Ahhh please… Just one more song…”

I just shook it off by encouraging him to go with dare. He bits the bait or I think he does.

“Since you keep insisting on nonsense things I dare you to give me 20 push ups”

J chuckles, slowly getting closer to me.

“How about making it 10 with you on my back?”

I am impressed by his courage however I belive he will not be able to do it.  I just nod and he lays down to begin. When I sit his back J asks.

“Won’t you hug? If you don’t you will fall”

This guy is really pushing boundaries doesn’t he?

“Tsk tsk… Just start already I’ll count”

He gets ready and does the first push up. He is faster and bolder than I thought so it is hard to keep my balance. 1… I count for 2… 3… On the 4th one he just makes it even higher and faster so I fall down. Somehow he is right over me with his hand under my head so I do not bump it. J’s face is so close that I felt his breath fresh toothpaste smell mixed with soju’s… His shoulders are wide and his arms are strong. I should not be thinking like this. It is wrong. On the contrary he seems comfortable, grinning at me…