DeliveryBoy!AU: Fried Chicken, Baby

Glimpses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DeliveryBoy!AU prompt from my own plot bunnies list
Genre: Romance, Humor, Suggestive 
Word count: 1,873 (back and still no self control)

“Jongin-ah!” Sehun yelled from outside Jongin’s bedroom door.

Jongin blearily opened one eye and took a quick glance at his alarm clock. He had the vaguest memory of getting a text earlier that classes were suspended due to the storm, so he knew he should still be getting some rest.

That wasn’t the case, however, as another call came from the other side of the door. “Kim Jongin! Wake uuuuup.”

He sighed. That was Taemin, his other roommate. And judging by the two boys’ tones, they weren’t going to stop bothering him until he did get up.

But why spend a perfectly good stormy day outside the warmth of his bed?

“JONGIN, WE BURNT THE EGGS!” yelled Taemin.

That was why.

With a sigh, Jongin rolled over on his bed and used his hand to prop himself up. “I’m up.” He called out. “Please don’t burn down the dorm.”

As he shuffled sleepily out of his bedroom, he took quick notice of the smell of something burning coming from their shared kitchen. So Taemin and Sehun did burn the eggs. Figures.

“Honestly you two, I don’t know how you could burn eggs.” He shook his head.

Sehun shrugged from his seat at the empty dining table. “We got distracted. Anyway, Taemin has a brilliant idea.”

Jongin looked at Taemin’s sheepish expression apprehensively. Any ideas those two had without his supervision usually went one way: wrong.

“Well…” Taemin began, “we were hoping we could call for a delivery.”

Jongin took a quick glance at the pouring rain outside the window. “In this storm?”

“Told you he’d say that.” Sehun muttered.

“I know, I know.” Taemin acknowledged Sehun’s comment. “But it’s fried chicken.” He added suggestively with raised eyebrows in Jongin’s direction.

Jongin shook his head. “The only fried chicken we’ll be eating are the super burnt baby ones you guys messed up. No one should have to brave a storm this bad.”

“Look, if it was really so dangerous, the restaurant wouldn’t send a delivery boy out.” Taemin reasoned.

With a doubtful and incredulous glance at Sehun, Jongin took a quick peek at the black mess that was currently in the smoking frying pan in the sink. “Okaaay, definitely can’t eat that. Don’t we have anything else?”

“Nope, we were all too busy to stock up before the storm hit.” Taemin clucked, his tone bordering triumph.

Jongin sighed again. “I guess we could try…”

Sehun perked up.

“Oh great! He’s at the lobby, here’s the payment, thanks Jongin-ah!!” Taemin said in a rush as he handed over a wad of cash. Before Jongin could even react, he and Sehun had run back into their bedrooms and locked the doors.

“Wait, what?!” Jongin yelled, panicked. Not only did those two order the delivery knowing Jongin’s concerns, they also set him up as the fall guy? “What the heck, guys!” he yelled again, before it dawned on him that the delivery boy was already at the lobby and who knows for how long now?

“We’ll talk about this later!” Jongin called back as he ran out the door.

--

To say that Jongin was breathless by the time he got to the lobby is an understatement. When you live at the top floor of a 5-floor dormitory with the elevator shut off due to power surges, racing to the lobby is not exactly a walk in the park.

The delivery guy looked ominous with his helmet still on. The wet delivery bag was resting on the table at the receiving area, but the guy was standing with his arms crossed.

Jongin couldn’t even tell what the expression on the guy’s face was, as the helmet was tinted. But if the dripping wet clothes the guy wore were an indication, Sehun and Taemin were in huge trouble if Jongin made it through the encounter alive.

“Took you long enough.”

The muffled voice from inside the helmet sounded vaguely familiar, but Jongin did not fully register it until the delivery boy removed it to reveal dark hair, owlish eyes, and full lips pursed in repressed annoyance.

.

“Do K-kyungsoo-hyung?” Jongin gaped, with his legs turned to jelly as he recognized the surly senior.

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes at the dubstruck boy. “Oh. It’s you. So you’re Kai, huh?”

Damn. The idiots used my name to order?!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter