1408

Abandoned


1408


Luhan was calmly sitting in his office chair, only the airconditioner sound was aviable in the room. He massaged his throbbing forehead. A sigh left his lips as the pain seemed to like its stay in there.


His office room was like his home. Thats where he mostly spend his nights. Sometime he refused to sleep. Even when he know he needed rest badly yet he didn’t in fear of thoughts about his daughter. It only bring sorrow to him. It only showed him how cruel he was by leaving his wife alone. He loved her, he really did but he couldn’t get his mind of his daughter. He know his wife isn’t blamed for the death of his daughter, no one to blame. The fate was simply cruel with his family. Well, now he blame fate. Which is wrong. Hana caught a rare disease and when they get her to doctor, it was too late. Her fate had been decided already. Thats the truth but thats something Luhan disagreed. He still believe if they had tried harder that time, they could have saved his daughter. Little did he know he was being obsessed. He didn’t accept the reality and choosed to hurt others with himself, unknowing to him.


Knock knock...




“Come in.”


The door opened as a man came in. He bowed his head as he placed a postcard on the table.


“Mr Lu, someone told me to give you this. The man didn’t tell me his name or anything. He said he’s your fan.”


Luhan raised eyebrow. “Fan?”


“Yes sir, thats what he said.”


Luhan stared at the card, confused. He smiled slightly at the man then told him off. He checked what was written on it.


Luhan A hotel named 'Seoul moonstar' Do not enter in room 1408. You might not come alive.



Luhan scoffed at that. What does that stupid thing mean? Was someone playing with him. Somehow the idea of checking the place crossed his mind. He opened his laptop and search for the hotel. There are few rumours he heard about that hotel room. He heard many people die there, no one lasted more than a hour. So curiosity got the best of him as he open the web and type the hotel name with room no.1408 and enter.


Seems like the rumors were true. More than fourty peoples death pictures were showed killed in that room. Some jumped of the window, some found out to be killed in the bed with blood. Mostly victims committed suicide. The famous pilot face was shown. That man too died in that room by committing suicide within an hour. That was all because room was haunted.


He scoffed at the last word. Haunted? Well, he don’t believe in ghost so this seems so ridiculous to him. He read again and it only made him smile at the peoples stupidy. There was no ghost or paranormal things. Infact from his childhood, he never fear from this kind of stuff because he didn’t bother to believe.


Like when his friends told him about the haunted house in his neighborhood. He went there in night, showing his friends and all the other people there was nothing and Infact nothing happened. He admitted he heard some weird noises but thats it, someone could be doing it to scare him. Thats not just once, he did it many times and always have succeeded in showing there was no spiritual or ghost. Simply he don’t believe in supernatural, ghosts, evils and other fairy creatures.


He decided he’ll once again kill that rumors of haunted room too. People should know the truth instead of believing in useless stuff like that. He laughed then get up, ready to make his way to Seoul moonstar hotel. He don’t have anything to do anyway. Beside it was going to be adventure for him, to clean his mind from things that made him depressed, so why not?







“Okay kids, its time to go home.” Jiyeon raised her voice for the little kids to hear.


They all cheered and made a line just like Jiyeon told them then walked out. She follow the students. She smiled as she saw the lovely children running to their parents. She become a teacher in kindergarten. She was very good and understanding with kids and her younger age was okay too so the school accepted her with no further questions.


She waited for the kids to go home so she could leave too. She missed her daughter, her husband. Too much, looking at all these childrens, always remind her of her daughter’s happy memories. She even start treating these kids as her own children. These small little lives filled the empty space of her daughter, instead of her husband who decided to just leave her. She don’t blame him, he loved Hana more than anything in his life. He would come home everyday even for a hour for her mostly. Jiyeon was always known for being understandable person. She forgive Luhan but she’s not sure if she’ll ever accept him back. He left her cruelly, and its almost impossible for her to trust him ever again.


“Hey Jiyeon, ready to go?”


Jiyeon looked at the guy and smiled lovingly. “Sehun, you are early today. Could you wait a little bit more? I need to make sure these kids go home safely.”


Sehun nodded as he came to stand with her and watch kids, going home with their parents. He wrap one arm around her waist as he lean in to kiss her neck softly. Jiyeon chuckled as she pushed his face away, playfully glaring at him.


“No kissing in here. You could’ve wait till we go home. Se naughty hun.”


Sehun pouted yet let her go. She shouldn’t blame him for having such a soft body, with delicious smell, she was the one to blame. She ignored his presence and start looking at the kids. Sehun take that opportunity to snuggled closer to her and wrap his left arm around her again and start his staring contest. He loved her gentle features.


Sehun was Jiyeon dating for almost four months now. Everytime he came to see her, he fall in love with her more and more. Jiyeon already told him about Luhan and Hana. Somehow he was glad Luhan left her, now he could have her for himself. But he could see the hurt Luhan left in her from her eyes. She still love that selfish man who left her when she needed him the most. This was unfair. Why couldn’t she love Sehun like she loved Luhan? Sehun was her high school friend too. Its just he didn’t really focus about anything than video games at that time.




Once the children left, Sehun grab Jiyeon’s hand to bring her out in dinner. They already talked about this and today’s dinner was something Sehun’ll forever remember.


Jiyeon smiled sweetly at him as they start walking to his car. He sat down and stare at her flawless face once then start driving to his destiny.


Jiyeon silently stared forward. She felt sympathy for Sehun but she couldn’t love him back the way he wants. He deserve someone who would actually love him no matter what, instead of waiting for her when she clearly know she won’t give him what he wants.


They reach the restaurant Sehun choosed for their last date. He opened the car door for her and both walked inside.


“Sehun... You know i won__”


“Don’t say it. Please, let me enjoy the moment. Please for once act like you love me too.” Sehun pleaded with begging eyes. He want nothing more than to spend this time feelings like his love wasn’t rejected.


Jiyeon saw the desperation and sighed. He don’t deserve what he’s going through but she need to end things before it hurt him more. Still she nodded which bring the sincere smile on Sehun lips.


“You know... I would be honest about my feelings... At high school, i didn’t even thing you were beautiful. You were like many girls i saw in my life. Shy, kind and lovely. Unfortunately i wanted a y girl. There were y girls but they were overly y... I just needed y.” He chuckled at his thought made Jiyeon smile. She listened carefully with curiosity in her eyes.


“Hmm even when you start dating Luhan, i didn’t care. I was careless about everything. Thats the thing i regret most. If only i made you fall for me that time... Maybe you could love me back now...”


Jiyeon smack his head with poker face. “You wouldn’t success thats because i never liked badass and your style as always shown you like one so i wouldn’t think to date you. I don’t like trouble makers and you surely was one. I should admit you were quiet handsome though.”


Sehun smiled. He should’ve known he never stand a chance with her. He know he was bad boy so even if he love her back then, it won’t change a thing. Maybe a little bit of drama. Him chasing her who don’t want him. After that none of them say a thing and silently dig in their food.



They both sat down in his car. It was the end. They might not see each other again but Sehun wanted to be anything, anything just to stay with her, if not as lovers, Atleast a friend.


“Say this is it. We’re breaking up now.” Sehun muttered and Jiyeon nodded.


“C-can we be still friends? I mean yes friends?” Sehun asked hesitantly.


Jiyeon smiled and shrugged. “If you’re okay with that, then its perfectly okay with me.”




“Can i kiss you one last time? Please, just one last time.”


Jiyeon wanted to say no but the pleading look he gave was, this wasn’t in her power to reject and so she nodded.


He smiled as he lean closer to her face, his lips softly touched hers. His heart start beating like crazy as he felt blood rushed to his cheeks and ears. Gently he her lips as his hand goes behind her head as he pushed her head to himself, deepening the kiss. His kiss become harsh at one point but Jiyeon didn’t push him away. It was really uncomfortable but she let him be, for the last time. She was out of breath after a minutes or so but tried her best to let it last as long as Sehun himself doesn’t push away. As Sehun was ravishing with his kisses, suddenly she felt wet in her cheeks. She opened her eyes only to know it were Sehun’s precious tears that he shouldn’t waste for her. This made her more guilty.


Sehun finally pulled out and turn his face in other side, hiding his tears from her eyes as he wiped them secretly. But Jiyeon already saw that.


“Umm... Do you mind if i help you find your love one?”


Sehun smiled brokenly and nodded.


“Do you mind if i tell my memories with Luhan and Hana?” Jiyeon asked.


This time Sehun looked concerned as he nodded. She must have missed them badly as he could see she was trying her best to hide the tears in her eyes.


“Then come with me in my house. I’ll show some photos and tell you my lifes precious moments. Will also find the best girl for you.” she cheerfully said which made a sincere smile to growl on his lips.



Friends.




Better than nothing.





“I said i’ll book 1408 room. I don’t ing care what you think.” Luhan tried to control his temper but this Chanyeol guy was too stubborn to let him book that room, saying the room was haunted.


“I’m dearly sorry sir, but this is for your own safety. We witness many people die in that room and we surely don’t want that happen to our another customer. Please try to understand.” Chanyeol calmly tried to explain but Luhan was hard headed.


Luhan slammed his palm on the desk as he glared at the now nervous Chanyeol. “I need to book that room no matter what so you shut the up and let me go. I won’t take a no for an answer.”


“We are here for your safety so please try to understand. You could take any other empty rooms but not that air. Our boss strictly prohibited for anyone to use that room after last death before two years. You___”


“DAMN JUST LET ME IN OR LET ME TALK WITH YOUR BOSS RIGHT NOW!!” Luhan yelled, sick of persuading the man.


This take everyones attention as people stopped doing what they were talking and stared at the scene Luhan was making.


Another man from stuff smiled at people and told them to keep doing what they were and went to Luhan and Chanyeol with worried expressions. “Whats happening? Do you need something sir?” the guy asked.


Luhan glared and waited for Chanyeol to explain to the new guy. Chanyeol stared at them two nervously. “Baekhyun, he wants to book room no.1408. That room is haunted.” Chanyeol whispered in Baekhyun’s ear who nodded with concerned face.


“Sir if you want room 1408 that badly, you could talk with our boss. He might tell you why you can’t take that room or you persuade him. We can’t do things without his orders.” Baekhyun politely explained.


Luhan scoffed as he nodded. “Yes yes, let me talk with that man. Please bring me to him.”


Baekhyun nodded as he exchanged glance with Chanyeol who was smiling nervously.


“Kai, please come here at the reception, now.” Baekhyun called the guy name kai.


A tan young man walked towards them and stare at Chanyeol and Baekhyun with worried look. “Kai, bring that man to Boss. Its urgent. He’s already making a scene here and this could get us in trouble.” Baekhyun whispered to Kai who nodded with determined expression. He smiled at Luhan then told him to follow him.


Kai knocked on the door with Luhan behind him. Luhan looked at the large elegant hall. It was crowded and contained of golden, black and white walls with red large carpet in the middle of the hall. The many large chandeliers on the top shining the whole place with golden light.


The door opened as a man with black tuxedo came in view with a gentle smile. His appearance shout out expensive. Kai said something to the man’s ear and the man looked at Luhan with a mocking smile.


“Kai, you can wait outside for a moment while i talk with the gentleman here.” The man said smiling. Kai bowed as he walked out, closing the door behind him.


Luhan awkwardly stared at the man who finally take his hand out for shake. “My name is Kim Joonmyun. Take a seat please, then we can talk.” Joonmyun said as he pointed at the chair infront of a luxurious desk. He too sat down. Waiting for Luhan to talk.


“I want to book room 1408. Give me the keys.” Luhan demanded yet calmly.


Joonmyun sighed as he leaned back and crossed his legs. “I’m afraid i cannot do that. Its for your safety Mr...”


“Lu.”


“Mr Lu, that room is no good for anyone. You should listen when one warns you Mr Lu. Don’t be reckless, for we live once.”


Luhan laughed at this. Purposely offending the man because he was almost at the verge of exploding. All he ask is the key of the room but they refused to do that and it was stupid.


“Please Mr Kim, do me a favour and stop concerning about my safety. I don’t ing believe in fake stories of ghost or whatever things that you’re afraid of. Give me the keys. Its already meet the safety standards in logical way so don’t argue with me as its proves to be useless.” Luhan was now glaring at the man who shake his head in disappointment.


Joonmyun standup and start walking back and forth. “What should i give as prove for you to stop demanding that room Mr Lu?”


“Nothing. I won’t listen anyway.” Luhan coldly answered as he was sick. He rubbed his face with his palm. All this talk just because of a haunted room.


“Let me tell you something Mr Lu. Fifty six peoples have died in that room over the pass ninety five years. No one ever lasted more than sixty minutes. Why can’t you understand that room isn’t for you to prove the world your braveness.” Joonmyun had enough as he snapped at the now blank face Luhan.


“I got it, many peoples die there. Now give me the key please.”


Joonmyun sighed. This man was like a rock. “If you’re that desperate then i won’t stop but i want you to sign this paper. Its written that you insisted in living in that room. Your life and safety isn’t our responsibility. Please sign it and i’ll give you the key.”


Joonmyun dejectedly placed the paper and pen infront of Luhan. Luhan smiled fakely and signed.


Joonmyun walked to the shelf and move it at the side. There was a drawer behind books. He punched some numbers in and it opened. He take the keys out and closed everything behind.


“Here it is. You can still change your mind Mr Lu. Don’t be stubborn when someone want nothing more then your safety.”


Luhan rudely said. “Thank you, but i don’t need a stranger to care for me.”


Joonmyun shrugged as he sat down. His eyes land on the closed alcohol bottle then he call Luhan. “Your bravery is something i don’t usually see so thats why i think you can take that bottle over there. It might help you to think properly.”


Luhan smiled arrogantly and take the bottle, not even bothering to thank the man as he walked towards the door and grab the knob but before Luhan could open the door, he turned around and looked at Joonmyun thoughtfully. “Do you really think its haunted?”


Joonmyun smiled. “It is evil. Be careful.”


Luhan open the door and slammed it behind him. Kai was still waiting for him. “Take me to room 1408, i got the keys.”


Kai politely nodded as he lead Luhan to that room. They enter inside elevator and it was silence.


“Evil.” Luhan scoffed as he said that.


Kai looked at him but didn’t say anything. The man was headache. Why was he so desperate for that room anyway.


The lift stopped as they both get out of it. Luhan take his luggage and walked infront but Kai didn’t move. He turn around and raised eyebrow. “I won’t go there. You can go straight and left. There there are six doors. First fourth door in your left. Enjoy your stay here.”


Kai get on the elevator and closed it.


Luhan was dumbfounded but shrugged chuckling at the cowardly attitude of the stuff.


He checked the floor and it was normal. Well fancy and luxurious. He might as well enjoy his one week here. He reached the door 1408 room and it looked just like any other door in that floor. He slowly opened it and checked inside. Nothing was wrong. Everything seemed to be fine. He closed the door behind him and walked to the bedroom first to place his luggage there. The apartment was clean and tidy. Just awesome place to relax. He opened the fridge and get the alcohol bottle out. He take it towards bed and sat down, taking gulp from it. Everything seems normal. They were just making stupid stories.





Everything was fine, way too fine.






The first chapter is here. I know Luhan is really arrogant here and rude but he’ll pay for his bad deeds ;)
Thanks for subscribing and commenting, Really thank you for everything. ^^