Final

You Were Never Mine

Valentine Day

Yeonjung-“Oppa, can’t we spend this valentine with just the two of us?”

Yunho-“Jagi, you know that is not an option. I can’t break my promise; we can have our date after the dinner okay?”

Yeonjung-“Really?? You promised?”

Yunho-“Of course I promised.”

It’s been more than two years since Yunho and Yeonjung are dating; this is their third Valentine together but every year they couldn’t spend this day with just the two of them like other couple because of Yunho’s promise with BoA that they will always spends Valentine together no matter what. This promise to Yunho is very important and letting his best friend spending today alone is an impossible thing for him to do.

Yeonjung and Yunho are in the car heading to the restaurant.

Yeonjung-“Jagi, what about we….”

Yunho-“Jagi, wait lets me call Boa first.”

Yeonjung just keep quiet and seem a bit upset.

Yunho-“Boa~yah, where are you?”

BoA-“I’m at home, I don’t want to go today. You and Yeonjung can have dinner with just the two of you.”

She knows that Yunho’s girlfriend Yeonjung doesn’t really appreciate her accompany with them during Valentine but she knows that she can’t win in arguing with Yunho about not having dinner with him on this day. Last year, she pretends to be sick and it end up Yunho and Yeonjung stays with her and Yunho looking after her.

Yunho-“Don’t be silly. A promise it a promise. Don’t you dare breaking it.”

Hearing those words, Yeonjung is a bit upset.

Yeonjung-“Do we really have to eat dinner with her tonight?”

Yunho-“That’s my promise to her jagi.”

Yeonjung-“What about our date?”(annoyed)

Yunho-“Jagi, don’t be upset. You know that me and BoA always have dinner together on this day every year. I promised I will take you somewhere nice after dinner.”

Yeonjung-“You better keep your promise, remember what happen last year?”

Yunho-“I promised it won’t be like last year. Last year is exceptional.”

-Yeonjung POV-

BoA this BoA that BoA BoA BoA, why does everything have to relate with her. I must be the only woman on this today that need to have dinner with her boyfriend and his bestfriend. That girl BoA must not have conscience or anything, how can she come out to eat with us every year on this day? Why can’t we meet up for dinner any other day?

-End of POV-

Yunho-“Jagi~ah, hurry.”

Yeonjung-“Okay.”

Yunho-“BoA, will be ready right?”

Yeonjung-“I don’t know.”

Yunho-“What’s wrong jagi~ah?”

Yeonjung-“Nothing.”

Yunho-“Come on let’s go.”

After dinner, the couple and BoA bid goodbye. Yunho take her to Han River and there he bought a basket of roses from the street seller. The couple sweetly walks hand in hand along the riverside.

Yeonjung-“It’s been a while since we come here. This is so nice.”

Yunho-“Yeah.”

Yeonjung-“Jagi, can you grant me a wish?”

Yunho-“A wish?”

Yeonjung-“Yes. Can you?”

Yunho-“What is it? I will grant it from you even if you wish for star or moon.”

Yeonjung-“It isn’t that big wish oppa. I just hope you would care for me more when we are with BoA. I know she’s your bestfriend and stuff but I’m your girlfriend.

Yunho-“Are you jealous?

Yeonjung-“No it’s not like that. It’s just……”

Yunho-“Sorry jagi, if that upset you. Trust me you are first for me in everything. I will try harder from now on.

Yeonjung just remain silent and continue to walks.

Yunho-“Jagi, do you want to go camping next weekend?”

Yeonjung-“Camping? Why all of a sudden?”

Yunho-“I want to give you all the stars in the sky. We can have barbeque for dinner then lay down on the grass and looks at the star at night.”

Yeonjung-“That’s great oppa.”

Yunho-“You like it??”

Yeonjung-“Yeah oppa.”

Yunho-“BoA love to star gazing also.”(Whispering to himself)

Yeonjung-“Oppa, why don’t we invite BoA along also?”

Yunho-“Really? You mean it?”

Yeonjung is very upset to see Yunho so delighted with that question. She doesn’t really mean it, she just said those words to test him. Seeing Yeonjung’s expression change.

Yeonjung-“If you want, should we?”

Yunho-“Nah, let’s not invite her. I want to go with just you.”

Yeonjung’s expression brighten up to those words.

Yeonjung-“I’m really okay with that.”

Yunho-“No, let’s just go the two of us only.”

The couple goes into a coffee shop by the river.

Yunho-“What do you want jagi?”

Yeonjung-“Cappuccino and strawberry cake.”

Yunho-“Can we have one cup of cappuccino, ice Americano, and two strawberry cake one for take away.”

Waiter-“Yes, please wait a minute.”

After ordering they go to a table and seat down.

Waiter-“Sorry, but we only got a piece of strawberry cake left. What should I do?”

Yunho-“We will have it here.”

Yeonjung-“Please pack it.”

They said those words at the same time and the waiter looks so confused.

Yunho-“We will have it here”

Waiter-“Yes.”

Yeonjung-“Isn’t that cake for BoA? She loves the strawberry cake from here.”

Yunho-“But you want it also.”

Yeonjung-“But BoA said she wants it a while ago.”

Yunho-“You are my first jagi. I meant what I said. Sorry I should have pay more attention at you; it’s just that BoA just broke up with her boyfriend a few months ago and letting her spending this evening alone would be too sad for her. She can always come here and have it anytime.”

They finish their coffee and cake and when for a stroll along the river.

Yeonjung-“Are you free on next week Friday?”

Yunho-“What is it jagi?”

Yeonjung-“My parents want to have dinner with you that day.”

Yunho-“Of course I will go no matter what. I will go even if I have to cancel any appointment. You are introducing me to your family after all. Jagi what do your parents like? Haelmoni? Harabeoji? Should I get ginseng?”

Yeonjung-“Jagi, chill~ I’m sure they will like anything you buy cause”

Yunho-“Cause I’m the one you are loving?”

While walking, Yeonjung appears to be cold so Yunho takes off his jacket and wrap it around her.

Yunho-“I can’t let my jagi be cold.”

Yeonjung-“Jagi, let’s go back.”

Yunho-“Nah I want to walk some more, you are tired? Let’s me carry you.”

Yeonjung-“No I don’t want you to catch cold, and yes I’m also a bit tired.”

Yunho-“You are? Let’s me carry you back.”

Yeonjung-“No I’m okay. I love us walking side by side like this.”

Friday (Family meeting day)

While driving to Yeonjung’s house,

BoA-“Hello”

Yunho-“Yah, Boa are you okay? You sound so sick.”

BoA-“I’m okay just a bit of a cold.”

Yunho-“Did you take medicine yet? I bet no.”

BoA-“I don’t need medicine just hot tea (cough) and nap (cough) and I’ll be fine (cough).”

Yunho-“You are not okay BoA. Let’s me go and get you some medicine.”

BoA-“Don’t be silly. You are meeting Yeonjeong’s family this evening, you can’t be late; I will be okay.”

Yunho-“But…”

BoA-“Okay okay, I will go and buy the medicine myself.”

Yunho-“Okay then. Make sure you wear thick clothes when you go out okay?”

BoA-“Okay okay. Don’t worry about me, I can take care of myself. Enjoy your dinner and don’t be nervous. I’m sure they will love you.”

Yunho-“Don’t worry about me just take care of yourself.”

Yunho arrived at Yeonjung’s apartment and ring the bell. Ding dong~ Ding dong~

Yeonjung-“Wait a minute jagi~ah.”

While opening the door,

Yeonjung-“You know the passcode why don’t you just…”

Yeonjung is surprise to see Yunho at her door with a bouquet of flower.

Yeonjung-“What’s with you today? With the flower?”

Yunho-“I was at the shop to get a bouquet for haelmoni and how can I not buy you one also.”

Yeonjung-“Thank jagi~ I’m sure haelmoni will love it.”

While driving to the restaurant, all Yunho can think about is whether BoA is okay or not. Usually he would rushes to her house and takes care of her but today he can’t. They arrived at the restaurant.

On their way in, Yunho’s phone ring.

Yunho-“Annyeonghaseyo”

Caller-“Yunho right?”

Yunho-“Yes, who is this?”

Caller-“Ah Yunho, I’m the security guard at BoA house.”

Yunho (in panic)-“Yes ahjussi, what’s wrong?”

Caller-“BoA, just faint in front of the apartment and now she’s on the ambulance to the hospital. They said she will be okay but I thought I should call to let you know.”

Yunho-“Okay, thank you ahjussi. I will be there.”

Yeonjung-“What’s wrong?”

Yunho-“BoA has a cold and she fainted. She’s on the way to the hospital now. Jagi, I’m sorry but I gotta go.”

Yeonjung-“They said she will be ok. Can’t you just wait until the dinner finish and go?”

Yunho-“Jagi, what are you talking about? I can meet your parents any time. BoA has no family in Korea, how can I let her be there all by herself in the hospital?”

Yeonjung-“Can’t you just call someone to take care of her first?”

Yunho-“I can’t jagi. I gotta be there.”

Yeonjung-“It’s just a cold and you are here to meet my family. How can you want to ran off like that?”

Yunho-“IT IS NOT JUST A COLD. BOA FAINTED. SHE FAINTED!!!”

Yeonjung-“Okay then you choose is it BoA or me? I have enough of this. Always BoA this BoA that. If you leave now, we are over.”

Yunho-“Jagi~ah”

Yeonjung-“Choose me or BoA.”

BoA wakes up in an unfamiliar room and all she remember is she went to the pharmacy go get the medicine and when she get to the apartment it all went blurr.

Yunho-“You are awake?”

BoA-“Where am I?”

Yuho-“You babo!! You fainted. You are in the hospital.”

BoA-“Why are you here? What about your dinner with Yeonjung’s family?”

Yunho-“It’s okay. We can have dinner next time.”

BoA-“Is Yeonjung okay with it? I’m sure she’s mad.”

Yunho-“No, she’s okay.” (He lied.)

-Flash back-

Yunho-“Jagi please~”

Yeonjung-“BoA or me? Choose.”

Yunho-“Jagi, I’m sorry.”

Then Yunho walks off.

Yeonjung-“I was a fool to believed your words by the river that day. You will never choose me over her. It’s always her first. JUNG YUNHO are you sure the one you love is me not her? Yes, you love her. You are just a coward who don’t have the courage to confess cause dating her wasn’t an option and so you date me but all I got was just your physical self. Your heart and mind are with her always.”

-End of Flashback-

-Yunho’s POV-

“Are you sure the one you love is me not her?” Do I love BoA?? Do I really just date Yeonjung just because dating BoA wasn’t an option?

-End of POV-

 

 

It's been a while since I wrote a story, I was so busy with school cause it was my senior year. Now that I'm graduated, I will be free so there will be a couple more stories to come. Hope you guys look forward for more to come and enjoy this oneshot.