final.

when i'm around you

Less than a minute after she had finally put her phone away, Wendy suddenly felt a familiar presence creep in under her blanket. Her eyes widen comically in surprise, making the older girl giggle quietly as she fully makes herself comfortable in Wendy's bed.


"Um... Hello." She says in a surprised tone, her body as stiff as a board as Irene wordlessly puts her hand across her waist and snuggles into the frozen girl's chest.


Without looking up, Irene whispers a reply. "Hi." 

They stay silently still for a few seconds. The smaller girl's body still tense under the older girl's embrace.

Wendy clears , once again attempting to find out what exactly was going on in their leader's mind. "So... Fancy seeing you here." She quips, hoping that the other girl wouldn't pick up on the nervousness dripping from her voice.


"Good to see you too." Irene mumbled, Wendy could feel stretch into a small smile against her chest. 

Though it didn't really answer any of the questions that had bombarded her mind ever since Irene suddenly appeared on her bed, she couldn't find it in herself to feel even the tiniest bit frustrated because all she could think about was how she could smell the older girl's coconut scented shampoo.

She's...


Too close.

And on my bed. 

With me.

In the dark.

.


Clearly, she was a little frustrated in another sense.

Wendy clears once more.

Trying to keep her tone light, she tries her luck in getting some answers again. "Mind sharing with the class, what this little visit is for?"

"Am I not allowed to? Is talented Ms. Main Vocal too good to be hanging out with the likes of me?" Even though it was obvious that she was only messing with her, Wendy still got flustered and vigorously shook her head in disagreement. "No! Of course not! That's not what I mean at all!" 

Irene dissolves into a fit of giggles. 

Once the younger girl had finally calmed down, she releases a deep sigh. "I'm just wonder- Oh." The ping of the lightbulb above her head rang in her ears. Finally finding some confidence, she lets a smirk overtake her face. "I know what this is about."

"Oh?" Wendy couldn't see her face, but she knew that the girl had her bluffing face on, acting as if she was disinterested.

"It's because of the movie we watched isn't it?"

After a beat, Irene scoffs. "Pfft, what?" Her voice was a pitch higher than usual. "Excuse you, Son Seungwan. I'm a grown up." The younger girl bets that her eyebrows were all high and indignant right about now. "Sure, I don't like scary movies. But it's not like I'm some child who needs to climb in bed with my mommy just so she can protect me when the monsters pull my leg from under my bed." However, her bravado quickly crumbled as her voice became smaller and smaller with every word she spoke.

Wendy's eyes softened as her racing heart warmed. Though the girl that was tightly wrapped around her was much older than her, she had always felt extra protective over her. She tries not to dwell too long on why she feels the way that she does. It would only lead to trouble. She then sneaks a peak on the girl that was snuggled into her with a small smile.

Instead of teasing her or poking fun at the twenty-five year old scaredy cat, she simply said. "Alright. I believe you. Sweet dreams Juhyunnie." 

As Wendy closed her eyes, she then felt two far too familiar hands find their way to her backside

With a satisfied hum, Irene smirked to herself. For such a smart girl, Wendy could be so naive sometimes. 


fin.

 



if you're wondering, yes. irene's true intentions were really just to [nemo voice] touch the