Final

Starstruck

It was February 14th. That's right, valentines. But what were the members of Got7 doing? Getting ready for a concert. They didn't even get the day off and on top of that they had a concert. Well, that's life for you. Bambam ran up to Jackson and put his arm around his friend's shoulder.

"I bet we're gonna get a lot of presents from the fans today!" he said excitedly. Jackson nodded with half a smile. Honestly, he just wanted to go home and sleep. The thought of receiving chocolates and gifts could not compare to the thought of sinking into his matrtess and drifting off to dreamland...

"Cookies, candy, chocolates... hey, do you think we'll get stuffed toys too?" Bambam's chatter snapped Jackson out of his daydream. He shrugged indifferently and Bambam just skipped away to the dressing room, humming to one of their songs.

Jackson sat in a chair and let the make-up artist get to work. "Noona, I didn't sleep well last night so please help me hide my eyebags," he pleaded. The older woman laughed and nodded, getting to work immediately. Jackson leaned back and settled into the chair. He tried to make himself a little more excited. He loved his fans, of course. It's just that he was exceptionally tired that day.

~

"GOT. SE. VEN. GOT. SE. VEN. GOT. SE. VEN." the fans cheered and JB walked onto stage, causing the whole audience to erupt in screams.

"OPPAAA!!!"

"JB OPPA!!"

"MARRY MEEEE!!"

Jackson winced at the shrieks as he could feel a headache forming in his skull. He shook his head and breathed in deeply, bracing himself. Then he stepped out of the curtains onto the stage, waving and smiling and doing his signature martial arts flip (which didn't help with his headache). The fans screamed in joy and he bowed, ever courteous. Looking back, he sometimes wonders what she was doing at that moment. If she had realised he wasn't feeling well since then. And he also wonders how he didn't notice her... not until the middle of their concert...

They were singing "She's A Monster". His rap part came on. Jackson had the habit of picking just one fan to look at while he rapped. Today, his eyes landed on a girl somewhere in the fourth row. Her arms were folded, but she was nodding to the music. Her expression was far from the screaming girls that surrounded her - calm, collected. Borderlining on bored, to be honest. But that's what caught his attention. And so he pointed at her and rapped.

"하루도 빠짐없이 널 따라 다닐래 (I wanna follow you without missing a single day)
니 사랑의 포로가 돼줄게 제발 날 통치해 (I’ll be your prisoner of love, please rule over me)"

Her reaction was unlike the usual screaming and "OPPA SARANGHAE!!" that Jackson was used to. She remained expressionless. But towards the end of the song when Jackson turned back and glanced at her, she had the faintest of a smile on her face. It was almost a smirk. Jackson smirked back and she shook her head, laughing. It was the first time since she had showed any expression during the concert and Jackson was so taken aback that he almost bumped into Mark who was standing in front of him. He looked at her again and she was still laughing; laughing at him. He felt his face flush a little but laughed it off and bowed, then he rushed off stage to prepare for the next song.

For the rest of the concert, Jackson found that he kept looking back to where that girl stood. For some reason he couldn't tear his gaze from her. There was a meet and greet later. He hoped she came.

~

There she was. At the bottom of the stage. Jackson tried to concentrate on the fan in front of him. He took a picture and smiled and waved her goodbye. Another fan came and gave him a pack of cookies. He repeated the same thing, receiving gifts from some fans, smiling, taking a picture, talking to the fans a bit. Finally she was in front of him. He stretched his hand out, wanting to sign her album but noticed that she didn't have anything in her hands. He raised an eyebrow as she opened her handbag. He found himself anticipating what her gift was going to be. She pulled out a napkin and two aspirins from her bad and slid then to him without a word. Jackson looked up and she laughed at his bewildered expression. 

There it was. The smile that made his heart skip a beat. 

"You're a little pale. And sweating," she said before walking away.

"I didn't catch your name-" he started and she turned back around before laughing. "That napkin isn't a gift, it's a loan."

He looked down and realised that her name was stitched on the side of the napkin, along with her number written with permanent marker. Yoo Eunjong. Jackson wondered why someone would write their number on a napkin but nevertheless, he was glad. He tucked the napkin into his pocket and downed the medicine with the bottle of water on his table before smiling at the next fan, already feeling better.

Little did he know that the girl that had just walked off stage was watching him intently. Eunjong smiled as he pulled out the napkin and quickly dabbed the sweat off his forehead. And with that she left, content that he would be fine.

~

Eunjong looked up from her book at the soud of her phone beeping, notifying her of a new message. It was an unknown number. Unlocking her phone, a smile finds its way to her lips. 

(unknown): Hello Eunjong-ssi. Jackson here. Ya know, Wang Jackson.

She giggled. Of course she knew.

(unknown): well, i just wanted to say thank you for your help and concern today.  and uhm since you said this napkin is on loan... i was wondering if we could arrange when to meet?

Eunjong cocked an eyebrow at her smartphone screen. Boy, he sure gets down to business fast.

(Eunjong): Annyeong Jackson-ssi. don't mention it, you looked pretty tired. and well, you're the busier person here. why don't you decide when and where to meet? and by the way, take good care of my napkin. it means a lot to me.

She hit send and a reply came less than 10 seconds later.

(Jackson Wang): are you free right now? where do you live?

Eunjong glanced at the clock. It was half an hour to midnight. The boys probably just reached their dorm. Shouldn't he rest first before-

Her phone buzzed again. 

(Jackson Wang): Sorry, I know it's late. But we have a full day tomorrow too.

(Eunjong): it's okay. i'm free now. i live near  you guys' dorm tbh, i've seen yall on the street a few times before. where you wanna meet?

(Jackson Wang): you know the street stall 5 blocks down our dorm? can you meet me there in 20 minutes?

(Eunjong): sure.

She pulled on a coat, winter boots, grabbed her purse and the book she was reading. She left her apartment, having decided that she'll take her time walking there. She could use the fresh air. She walked over to the street stall and found an empty seat. She opened her book and went straight to reading. She didn't want to attract any unwanted attention. Pfft. Fat hope there. Less than 5 minutes after she sat down a drunk man came up to her.

"Ey, young girl. What you doing here alone?" he his dry lips.

She shrugged him off and continued reading. But this guy was persistent. He sat down in front of her and his soju bottle klunked down on her table as he did. She quickly closed her book and stood up but the man grabbed her arm tightly. She panicked. She lifted her book up, ready to swing it at the man's head when another hand grabbed the man's hand and pulled it off of her arm. She breathed out a sigh of relief. 

"Jackso-" she began just as Jackson put his arm around her protectively. She was taken aback by the sudden gesture.

"Sorry I'm late, you okay?" he led her away from the table where the man now stood laughing.

"I was just teasing your girlfriend! Young women shouldn't be out alone at this time!" he called. The man guffawed and slapped his thigh before passing out drunk on the table.

"Let's go somewhere else," Jackson mumbled as they left the store.

The both of them were now a little far from the shop. Jackson glanced behind them a few time just to be sure that the drunkard was not following them. Eunjong huffed slightly as the other's arm is still around her.

"Um..." she scoffed a little to grab his attention, which caught him by surprise.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

She cast a glance at his hand that was casually draped around her shoulder.

"Oh," he pulled away and awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

Eunjong snickered at Jackson's reaction and he laughed too, continuing to walk. She followed behind him silently, hands in her pockets. Jackson kicked a rock on the pavement aside before turning to face her. He wordlessly held out the napkin to her and she took it, their cold fingertips brushing for a second. She took it and straightened it out and admired it for a while. 

"It's warm," she looked up at Jackson with a smile.

"Oh, yeah. I washed it and ironed it out so it's a little warm plus I kept it in my inner pocket the whole while so-. Sorry. I'm blabbering, aren't I?"

She laughed. "It's okay. And thanks, you didn't have to go through the trouble."

Jackson made a face. "My sweat was all over that thing. It was disgusting."

"I could've sold it on ebay or something. 'Napkin With Wang Jackson of Got7's sweat.' You think I could price it at a million won? Or two?" she said with a serious expression.

Jackson stared at her and she burst out laughing. "I'm joking, I'm joking. I'd never do something like that. Besides, this napkin is precious to me. I wouldn't sell it for even ten zillion US dollars."

"Would you mind me asking why?" Jackson was walking again now.

"Well, it was the last gift I received from my late grandmother," she explained as the walked. "She passed away a few months ago. We were really close. I used to go over to her place and we'd bake, have tea... I helped her make kimchi once, you should've seen the mess we made! It was 10 times worse than when you guys in Roommate made kimchi. Which, by the way, was my grandma's favourite episode. She laughed the most at the face you made when you tried the kimchi and it was too salty," Eunjong smiled at the memory.

Jackson turned the corner and she followed. "She actually made this for me long ago. She painted the cloth herself, isn't it beautiful?" she held the napkin up under the street-light and Jackson looked at it, admiring the image of the sakura tree on it more now. 

"Your grandmother was very talented," he commented. Eunjong nodded. "I have some paintings of her's on the walls in my apartment. But this napkin is my favourite. Not just because I can carry it around in my pocket, of course. We went to see the sakuras last spring, just before she fell ill. So this has more sentimental value, you know?" she was still looking at the piece of cloth, her thumb brushing the hand-stitched syllables of her name.

Jackson smiled and took her hand and pulled her along, walking fast.

"Where are we going?" she asked, slightly shocked, but not panicked. For some reason, she trusted him enough to follow him.

"You'll see when we get there," she could hear the smile in his voice. After walking for about 5 minutes she realised where they were headed.

"Are you bringing me too-"

"Shh, don't ruin it," she blushed as he gripped on her hand tighter and pulled her a little closer till she was walking almost next to him.

Soon they reached the place. The both of them stood facing a huge sakura tree, the blossoms beginning to bud a little, showing the signs of the upcoming spring. There was nothing but the moonlight and a street lamp in the distance iluminating the tree, giving it a soft glow. The melting snow and dew made it look like it was twinkling in the dim light. She gasped a little at the sight.

"I've never been here at night before... it's beautiful..." she subconsciously held his hand and almost pulled away when she realised what she was doing but Jackson smiled and intertwined their fingers before returning his gaze to the tree. Eunjong blushed but squeezed his hand back, feeling warm despite the cold breeze cruising by them. 

"I come here when I feel demotivated. Or when I need inspiration for my music. I don't come here as often because we're busy lately... but I'm glad I got to come here," he turned to look at her before ending his sentence, "with you."

Eunjong opened and closed , not sure of what to say. Just as she was about to open again, Jackson's stomach growled. Loudly. She let go of his hand in surprise and doubled over in laughter, unable to contain herself. 

"Way to ruin the moment, stomach!" Jackson was scolding his abdomen. This made her laugh even more and she wiped a tear from her eye before taking hid hand and intertwining their fingers again.

"Let's go get some ramyeon," she said as they walked towards the nearby convenience store.

"This has got to be the most romantic first date I've been on," Jackson joked.

Eunjong stopped and turned to look at him. "This is a date?"

"I-I mean... well... uhm..." he stuttered.

She laughed and continued walking. "I'm paying for this first date, then. Because ramyeon is the cheapest meal I could ever get for a date."

She glanced at him from the corner of her eye and they smiled. In that moment, Jackson suddenly wasn't tired anymore. Despite the extreme lethargy he felt throughout the whole day, seeing her smile had evaporated all of that tiredness away. They laughed and continued on their way.

"We barely know each other. This is crazy, you know that right?" she said as they walked.

"I love crazy," Jackson said as he casually draped his arm around her again, grinning when she rolled her eyes and tried to hide a smile.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

word count: 2438

A/N: Hey guys! Jas here. So i'm back, this time with GOT7's Jackson whoop~~ i hope yall liked this, it was pretty fluffy omg. tell me what you thought in the comments below :)) also, ma bro GsDKAY is gonna write the upcoming Mark one shot so please anticipate that :))