Chapter 2

After You Came To Me

Seulgi's POV

It's been a while since the groupings has been announced. Well, there is not much school work these past few days evrything is normal I think except that the transfer student is bugging me everytime. Wherever I go she always follow me, I don't if its really me or it is just Seunghwan since they're pretty close but Ugh! She's getting in my nerves. Like today, I turned and saw the same person I've been trying to avoid for God knows how many days!

"Hey, Miss transferee. What do you want?" She look surprise when I looked at her. But soon, she just looking down at the floor standind right infront of me wanting not to answer.

"If you're going to answer, then please stop following me. Look, if you're looking for Wendy maybe she's at the cafeteria or library." I turned walked away from her. I reached the school field and went to my favorite and usual place. I go here when we have free time, since today the teacher will have their oh-so-called meetings for our lastest project so I will cherish this time for me to relax and sleep all day long as I want.

Irene's POV

You change so much Seulgi-ah. Everytime I see you with Wendy alone, I held myself not to drag you out awy from her and just hold your hand.  I try not to be so obvious but I failed miserebly when the way she talked to me earlier, she is really pissed. Contary to whtat Seulgi said, I still follow her again, I feel like I'm a stalker. Sigh. I saw her lying under the tree. The sun shines through the leaves that gives her shade and how the wind blows through her hair.

"Hi Irene!" Someone shouted that makes me jolt in shock.

"Yah, Wendy please don't do that." I'm a bit sensitive when in comes to surprises.

"What are you doing here?" She look at the place I'm looking at - at Seulgi. "You know what I feel something odd about you - not in a bad way. Something like you know my bestfriend for a long time now..." I threw her a glare but change into nervous one, I don't know why but it feels like it when she look into my eyes then to Seulgi.

"Ummm. Maybe you get the wrong thought. Y-you k-know how to explain this... Ummmm.."

"Hey calm down, I don't need you to explain, I mean there is no to explain right? But can I ask why..." I feel my heart thump every word she says. We walked towards to the sleeping figure which is infornt of us now. She knelt down leveling her eyes with Seulgi. She gently brush her hair aside of her face with her hand then she continue...

"Why do you need to watch us from afar?" Huh? She caught me too? Sigh.

"I-I just want to be friends with her." Again. It is hard to get back her attention to me when she have her new bestfriend now, when she doesn't remember me yet, when she doesn't need me now.

"I know it is hard to approach her for the first time, she is a kind of cold hearted person but i'm sure she is very kind. She just don't want others to bother about her personal life. She's kind of an independent person, she thinks she don't need anyone but i'm here helping her." She continue her word with full of... love? I actually don't know.

"But you are the first person who have the courage to stalk this rude woman over here." I got confused of what she's talking about. I mean, I'm sure she is pretty popular here. Then she continue while we sit infront of this sleeping bear.

"S-stalk? I don't!" I covered my mouth when I realized that i say it too loud.

"You don't have to deny it. Other people just scared of her. Maybe because the attitude she's showing to others. But you. You have something." She eyed me curiously that she see what's inside my mind.

"U-ummm. I think we have to go now. We might wake Seulgi up." Trying to hide my embarassment, I just look at Seulgi. She is so peaceful like the opposite of what she's to me. I slowly extend my hand to touch her face when suddenly...

"Oh, It's okay. I think I need some rest too." I retreat my hand as I watch her leaning towards to Seulgi. I feel a pang of jealousy inside me, my blood boil as I see her 'bestfriend' leaning too much for my liking just to sleep beside her. While I - myself - siting across them watching them akwardly.

"You should rest too. I think tomorrow we will have our first project." She said and drift off to her dreamland.

Sigh. How will I start my move to you Seulgi? I lean to her arm,like we use too, and start to drift off to sleep.

Seulgi's POV

Ugh! I don'tt feel my arms. I try to move but I can't. Slowly opening my eyes and to see Seungwan sleeping to my right side and a familiar - too familiar - girl to my left side. I can't clearly see her face because she sleep backfacing at me. I feel her move a bit to be come more comfortable and just right to see her  face. I know I should be panic or I should just shove who is here beside me since I didn't even know her but hell I don't even know what I'm doing right now. I saw her face under the sunlight, shining brightly. I studied her face that I feel like missing this past few years. The face that I thought I saw. The face that I thought I knew.

Then I just realised that she is the one following me - Miss Transferee - Irene.

"Irene." I softly mumble, like it is my mouth who automatically said that name. I see her stir again, I panicked and pretend to be asleep. I feel my arms relax as she sit up and hear her sigh in relief. Maybe she doesn't want to wake us up. Eventhough I literally close my eyes but I feel her that she is appoarching me - her face is just inches away from each other. A hot breath against my face, it felt nice but the feeling inside me is bothering me. I groaned a little bit wrap my arms around Seunghwan so that she can't have an access in facing me too near.

And Again I hear her sigh. I think she have a problem tho. Why do I even care?! I'm confused! Then the words coming out that makes me more confuse in myself and her

"I guess I have to go back to strat huh? Ddeulgi?"

Ddeulgi? What a nickname? We are not even close to call me that. I slowly open my eyes to check if she's there. She's no there anymore. What do you want for real, Miss Transferee - Irene - Joohyun?

"Hey Seunghwan, wake up! My arm is in sore because of your head." I said to Seunghwan who is just rubbing her eyes. That is the time I pull out my poor arm and try to massage it.

"Sorry, Sseul. Where's Irene?"

"She just leave about a minute ago? I think."

"Ahh. She want to be friends with you, you know." She look at me and in stating-the-fact tone.

"Me?"

"Oh please Seulgi, for once in your life let people know you better." I gulped because of her tone. Seunghwan is being serious now.

"*Sigh* You know I wouldn't right?" I looked down avoiding her stare.

"Why? Seulgi, wae?" I looked at her, her eyes with full of...pain, pity. I know she know why.

"You know I don't want. I don't want others to see me in my miserable state. I don't want others to pity me. I can't let my guard down after what happen. I don't need--"

"Shut up Seulgi! then why do you think I'm doing here?! Huh? Of course I know Seulgi  the real reason why you're acting like this, but you can't leave with that. There are some times that you need someone else to be with you." I'm shocked for her sudden outburst and why does she bring this topic again?

"B-but you're here." I silently mumble but I knew that she catch it. I feel my eyes is about to tear up as we continue this conversation.

"I know but I can't be with you forever Seulgi-ah. I need some person that I know I can trust to be with you." Why do I have a feeling that she bid her farewell right now? But I shrugged that thought as I feel her arms around my waist, securely hugging me.

"And that person is Irene."

"You're not leaving, are you?" I looked up to her eyes that is full of tear right now.

"Of course not, you bear." She smiled a little bit to ease all the drama we had earlier.

"Promise?"

"You're such a kid, but promise me to be friends with someone else?"

"Hmmm, okay." I pull out her hand and link our pinky fingers together as we promise infront of this tree that we are bestfriend forever.

"Let's not bring this topic again okay? You know I hate dramas." She whined as we broke the hug.

"But you are the one who started it!" I argued back. She just merong at me then run away from me.

"YAH!!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for the delay update. Too many school works. It stressing me out. Also if too much angsty at the end. *Peace sign* but I hope you enjoy this chapter. I try to update this story tomorrow night if I have free time. See yah!