Monsters in Men

Until Then
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Happy birthday to you." Jinyoung had a huge smile across his face as his mom and best friends walked into the kitchen with a cake.
"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Jinyoung, Happy birthday to you." His mom placed the cake with a giant number 16 candle on the countertop in front of her son. "Make a wish." Jaebum smiled wrapping an arm across his best friend's shoulder.

Jinyoung looked over at his family, he knows that even though Jaebum and Bam Bam are not really his true blood but they are brothers in their hearts.
'I wish for exactly this, for things to stay the same.' Jinyoung thought in his mind before blowing out the candle. Jinyoungs' mom got out a cake cutter and started to distribute slices to the 3 boys.

"So what did you wish for?" Bam Bam asked his friend before taking a bite out of his slice.
"If I tell you it won't come true smart ." Jinyoung rolled his eyes at his friend, Bam Bam merely shrugged his shoulder not really caring. 
"Aigoo my son is already starting to become a man." Jinyoungs' mom started to tear up. "Soon he will leave me to make a family of his own." 
"Don't worry about that Mrs. Park Jinyoung over here enjoys his fictional characters more than real people." Jaebum joked causing everyone to laugh while his best friend elbowed his side. 

Jaebum retaliated by sticking his tongue out playfully. Jinyoung decided to smear some of the icing of cake on his face, Bam Bam laughed pointing at the others cheek and seeing the surprised look on Jaebum face, causing the eldest to smear some cake on Bam Bam face as payback.

"How am I friends with you idiots." Jinyoung shook his head at his friends. "Besides I do enjoy the company of real people, I'm just picky with who it is." Jinyoung defended himself from Jaebums remark. 
"But that's not entirely true son." Mrs. Park told her son, Jinyoung was surprised that his mom was taking the other's side, Jaebum and Bam Bam high fived each other at this.
"I distinctly remember that you were talking to Jaebum one night and that you were complaining that you wanted a Baz to your Simon." 
 
Jinyoung couldn't believe that his mom heard that conversation, he remembers that talk with Jaebum a few weeks ago when he read the book Carry On, he started to stutter trying to figure out how to explain himself to his mom who was just smirking at her sons' discomfort.
"Oh crap I remember that!" Jaebum exclaimed realization hit him. "Wasn't that the guy who was like some emo vampire in that magic school and fell in love with the hero dude Simon Snow?" 
Bam Bam double over in laughter tears was almost streaming down his face.

"Shut up it was a good story." Jinyoung grumbled crossing his arms annoyed, his mom came over to his side wrapping her son into a hug, that's when Jinyoung realized that no matter what happens everything will always be fine especially if he had the people he loves with him

 

 

"Jinyoung!" Said boy was being shaken waking him up from his peaceful dream. 
Jinyoung opened his eyes and saw that it was Jaebum that awoken him.
"Wake up we got to go for breakfast." Jinyoung jumped down from his bed stumbling for a bit since he was not fully awake just, Jaebum was there to help the other compose himself.

"You were smiling in your sleep what did you dream about." Jaebum asked as they all walked in the direction that an older Misia member was taking them all too.
"My 16th birthday." Jinyoung whispered quietly so that the older was the only person to hear, Jaebum nodded his head in understandment, he wrapped his arm around his shoulder, the two walked the rest of the way in that position.

 

They were lead to the cafeteria, Jinyoung quickly spotted Youngjae who was about to sit alone o

Please log in to read the full chapter