Mine

I'll Be The Band-Aid

The day started out fine, with the usual performances and occasional radio shows. Jungkook prepared himself for the oncoming radio show, as he had previous experiences of being requested to sing without warming up. Humming small tunes to himself, he let his mind wander away as his habitual warm-ups took over.

 

When it seemed like Jungkook had hummed through every song on his playlist, he discovered a sudden odd feeling. Usually, he would never have time to do such a thorough warm-up. Each time, he would be interrupted in the middle. Though this time, he finished in record time.

 

Although it took him a while, he finally realized what was missing from his usual day- Taehyung. More specifically, Taehyung's voice being blasted into his left ear. Even though Taehyung's uncharacteristically deep voice was heard, it was faint and tainted with the mumblings of the other members. Wanting to find out what was wrong, Jungkook turned to the spot where Taehyung had declared his at some point. 

 

He found himself staring at the bright bush of fire hydrant orange hair. Taehyung was talking to Jimin. 

 

Not him? 

 

Feeling oddly annoyed, Jungkook peered over at the boy sitting flush against him, in hopes to send a glare at him. But this time, Taehyung was too immersed in his conversation with Jimin to pay Jungkook any mind. Annoyed, he gave Taehyung a harder-than-necessary tap on the shoulder. 

 

"What?"

Taehyung said, with half drawn smile. He still had the hyperactive look in his eyes that was enhanced with Jimin looking just as delirious.

 

Jungkook had a hard time keeping his expression stern, at Taehyung's goofy expression.

"What are you guys talking about? You guys left me out."

 

Taehyung gave him a look that clearly meant he didn't care.

"I'm in the middle of creating a world domination plan."

He said, with a glint in his eyes that worried Jungkook.

 

Jungkook scooted closer to Taehyung, even though they were already too close for normalcy. 

"What's the plan?"

 

Taehyung examined Jungkook carefully, internally debating whether to share his ideas or not. He turned to Jimin for a quick, whispered meeting before turning back to Jungkook shaking his head of bright orange hair.

 

That irked Jungkook even more. He was used to Taehyung spoiling him, and heeding to his every will that on the rare events where the older actually acts like an elder, Jungkook forgets how to react.

 

Also, he thought that their relationship was past the petty secrets stage. 

 

Poutingly, he laid his head on Taehyung's shoulder, then spreading his legs past his designated seat. The outcome was Taehyung squished underneath Jungkook's limbs.

 

"Ugh, get off!"

Taehyung groaned, pushing off Jungkook coldly.

 

Something in Jungkook snapped. A new emotion replaced the annoyance from before. Now he was gushing with a freezing burn that loitered in his stomach. 

 

He frowned, and turned away from Taehyung. The rest of the car ride was spent with Jungkook feeling like Taehyung's voice- that was not directed at him- was molten ice burning him from inside. By the time they got to the studio for their broadcast, Jungkook had a permanent pout on his features while Taehyung's lips wouldn't stop twitching from an unconfined smile. 

 

When the broadcast started Jungkook had to remind himself not to snap at the host when he was asked about his day. His anger had boiled down once they had spent time talking about random subjects. 

 

Then, they were asked to do imitations. 

 

All was fine, till it was Taehyung's turn. The song he sang was fine. Then he impersonated a soccer player.

 

With a grin that mirrored Jimin's, Taehyung switched from his usual expression to one that Jungkook had never seen.

 

What came out of his mouth was something that Jungkook felt should be banned and erased from the existence of the internet. It was something that only Jungkook should be able to hear deep in the middle of sleepless nights. 

 

Taehyung moaned- or what seemed like to Jungkook. The words that accompanied the moans, sent iced chills down Jungkook's spine. While the other members exploded with laughter, Jungkook sat frozen, feeling several variations of burning inside him. His smile was plastered onto his face with no emotions behind it, as his brain replayed the suggestive "I'm there" that came out of Taehyung's mouth.

 

Before he had time to recover, he subconsciously heard someone shout for an encore. And before he could the punch the perpetrator, Taehyung had already begun his second round of s.

 

The rest of the broadcast Jungkook couldn't shake the feeling of lost. The sullen feeling was soon replaced with jealousy. Then, by the end of the broadcast, the feeling of jealousy was ringed with the feeling of possessiveness.

 

Taehyung was his. And his only. 

 

He contained his rampaging emotions with difficultly. Such difficulty, that all the members had a premonition of something bad, especially Taehyung- who stood closer to Jungkook than usual. During a pit-stop between their schedules, Jungkook grabbed Taehyung before any of the other members had even set foot outside.    

 

Behind him Jungkook heard Taehyung attempting to laugh the situation off.

"Where are you... um... taking me?"

He asked, his voice hollowed.

 

"Just somewhere private, so we can have a nice chat."

Jungkook murmured, never looking at Taehyung who shrunk more and more.

 

They had walked the expanse of the parking lot, and straight into the park-like resting area. 

 

"So what were the moans about?"

Jungkook growled, barely containing his voice.

 

Taehyung looked shocked and terrified.

"Moans? What?"

 

Jungkook frowned.

"Was that your world domination plan? Too moan to the world?"

His voice grew in volume.

 

Though, Taehyung still looked confused. 

"You mean when I imitated the soccer player?"

 

"Yes!"

Jungkook said exasperatedly.

His blood boiled at the very memory of it.

 

"Wait, that wasn't !"

Taehyung defended.

"I was showing off my manly voice."

 

Jungkook scoffed.

"Sure it was."

 

Taehyung frowned, showing the rare moments of anger.

"You know, you're being really rude to your hyung."

 

This shook Jungkook from his throne of mightiness. The two of them had already crossed the line of formality, Taehyung even said he felt uncomfortable being addressed with an honorific. On the scarce occasion where Taehyung was actually mad at him, he still never used the 'hyung' card at Jungkook.

 

With a softer tone, Jungkook spoke again.

"Why would you need to show off your voice?"

He said, unable to keep the sarcasm out of his words.

 

Taehyung grimaced.

"Unlike someone, I don't get a lot of screen time. I'm not the 'Golden Maknae'."

He spat, feeling the jealousy in their debut days resurface.

 

To this Jungkook felt all the former anger drain away. All he felt now was guilt. The world of the entertainment industry was brutal with double edged knives. Rarely would one find a truly trustworthy companion, in the industry. Between group members, there was no difference. The underlying self-serving mindset were always present. In groups, members smiled towards the camera all the while pierced in the back from his own group members. 

 

It was what would come out of aiming to reach to the very top. 

 

Jungkook had forgotten what it felt like to not trust anyone. He forgot what it felt like wondering what was behind every smile thrown at him. All of it was because Taehyung, someone who was brave enough to give his trust to others. All the while, never expecting anything of the other. Somewhere along the way Jungkook lost himself to the pure kindness in Taehyung. In time, Jungkook opened up more, not just in front of a camera but in front of s.

 

He didn't want to loose his beacon of light. He didn't want to share it either. He had wanted to cover the light, and savor every drop to himself.

 

But he suffocated the light in the process.

 

Jungkook found himself inching closer to Taehyung like a beast to it's prey. However, instead of wanting to devour it, he wanted to gain back the trust he had lost.

 

"...I'm sorry for shouting at you."

Jungkook mumbled.

 

Taehyung looked away.

 

"I just didn't want others to know more about you than me."

Jungkook added, inching ever closer to Taehyung.

 

"It was really uncalled for."

Taehyung finally said, still facing away. 

 

"I'm sorry."

Jungkook whispered, now flush against Taehyung. 

 

"You really hurt me."

 

Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's hands gently.

"Then, I'll be your band-aid."

 

Taehyung peeked towards Jungkook.

"How?"

 

"Like this."

With that Jungkook locked his lips with Taehyung. He felt the weight of Taehyung's body as the other slowly registered what was happening. 

 

Jungkook smiled into the kiss. Taehyung was still his.

 

He took his time teasing the other before letting a flushed Taehyung go.

 

"That was also uncalled for."

Taehyung mumbled, with his lips glittering from the moisture.

 

Jungkook laughed.

"Love you too."

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So.... how did you like it? It was a brain-diarrhea. I don't even know what this story came from. It's like a love baby from my story and the radio broadcast I saw.

Anyway, I hope you like it :) And don't worry I'm still working on the main story! 

Thanks for reading!!