Clean Slate | Lu Han / Krystal

like a scene from a movie that every broken heart knows (drabble collection)

Clean Slate; Lu Han/Krystal | 837 words, rating: pg-13 (there’s like one swear lol)

A loud click, and then he shifts positions, leaning into her and whispering softly.

 

 
Lu Han’s hands rest on Soojung’s slim waist, her fingers pressing into his shoulders as they stare intently at the camera. A loud click, and then he shifts positions, leaning into her and whispering softly.

“Long time, no see, Jung Soojung.” She shivers as Lu Han’s breath ghosts over her ears. His Korean sounds strange and stiff to her ears but Soojung’s pulse still quickens as he says her name, the accented syllables sounding at once both home-like and foreign; an oxymoron of some sorts.

They don’t talk much after that, too focused on modeling for the camera. The whole time, Soojung is hyper aware of everything: the way his hands still intimately remember her body, the way his lips look so pink and perfect in the light, the way his eyes show everything and nothing in just one glance.

It’s like I’m falling in love all over again, Soojung thinks bitterly. She pushes the thought out of her head as soon as it appears; this trip to China was strictly meant for business and business only, not to revisit old relationships. She isn’t Krystal Jung: Korea’s Sweetheart anymore, she’s Jung Soojung, the strong and powerful woman (girl) who managed to rise from the ashes of a fallen girl group unscathed.

“Soojung, don’t look too stiff!” the director calls suddenly, jolting her out of her thoughts.

Soojung freezes, smiles, nods. It’s become all too easy for her now.



Lu Han stops by Soojung’s dressing room after the shoot, wet hair wrapped in a towel. She tries to not think of the blissful mornings in the past when his hair was like that.

“Hey, Soojung,” he says, smiling shyly.

“Hi,” she replies stiffly, eyes shifting away to avoid looking at his smile.

“It’s been a long time,” Lu Han says. “Would you like to go out for coffee and catch up?”

Soojung closes her eyes, sighs. She secretly envies Lu Han for sounding so confident and unaffected in her presence. Don't you remember me? she wants to say. Don’t you remember that I used to love you and you used to love me back?

Instead, she agrees to meet him tomorrow and a small cafe not far from where she’s staying.



What the hell did I just get myself into, Soojung thinks wearily. She’s a got a headache now, the pounding in her skull getting worse by the second.

As soon as she enters her shabby flat, Soojung begins dialing the number of her older sister. It’s almost an automated action now after so many years.

“I saw Lu Han today,” she says as soon as Sooyeon picks up.

“Wow, you didn’t even say hello to your older sister,” Sooyeon remarks dryly.

“Hello, Sooyeon,” Soojung says sarcastically.

“Okay, let’s get right to the boy trouble. What is it?”

She sighs in relief. Talking with her older has never failed to put a smile on her face, especially when Sooyeon is no-nonsense like this.

“So, you saw Lu Han…” Sooyeon prompts.

“It was a photoshoot, the one that I told you about? For Elle China,” Soojung says. “The director wasn’t sure if Lu Han would do it because of his packed schedule but as soon as he heard it was me, he agreed.”

“What do you think he’s going to do?” Sooyeon asks.

“I don’t knows anymore. The last time we talked…” Soojung finishes her sentences in her head. The last time we talked, I couldn’t stop crying. The last time we talked, I kept on begging for him to stay, but he left and never looked back.

She doesn’t harbor any bitter feelings for him anymore; she understands the effort it had taken him to hold out for so long now. Soojung only regrets: regrets destroying their relationship, regrets not supporting him, regrets everything.

“Soojung?” Sooyeon asks. “Are you there?”

“I think I need to go and rest for a while,” she lies. “I’m tired.”

“Bye, then.”

“Good bye.”



Soojung’s nervous as she prepares for her meeting with him, the anxiety clear on her face. She’s the master of hiding her emotions though, arriving at the coffee shop with a blank stare on her face.

“Hello, Soojung,” Lu Han says, getting up from his table with a bright smile as soon as she arrives, his eyes crinkling in the nicest way possible.

“Hi,” she replies, trying her hardest to not smile back. Don’t look at the eyes, she reminds herself. “Why did you invite me here?”

Lu Han shifts uncomfortably, smile faltering. “Well I guess I wanted to apologize.”

“After three years?” Soojung doesn’t mention that she’s the one who should be saying sorry, that he’s always been so good to her, that she’s been undeserving of him.

“Better late than never,” Lu Han says back. “So-”

“I missed you,” she blurts out, before she can stop herself. “I missed us.”

Soojung looks down in embarrassment, a blush spreading across her face.

“I missed us too,” he admits softly, placing his hand on top of hers. “Start over?”

 

a/n: So yeah. Very rushed at the end, but I do like the beginning scene lol.