Ilsoon's Wallpaper?!

Manager Oppa Has a Life Too

 

 

Changsub woke up from his nap to the sound of his alarm..which was GFriend’s Me Gustas Tu. He had fallen asleep on one of the sofas in the company lounge.

 

    “Ughh I should have had an expresso today instead of Americano…” He groaned as he fumbled with his phone to turn off his cutesy alarm.

 

    It was almost time for him to go take over watching the girls for Jintaek, so Changsub got up and headed to the elevator to go find the girls.

 

~~~~~~~

 

“Wooohooooh!!! AHAHHAHAHA!!”

 

Changsub ears were met with peals of raucous laughter and loud music upon opening the door of the main practice room.

 

What the hell…”

 

The girls were hanging on the walls and chasing each other around the tennis table. He scanned the room and spotted Jintaek in a corner with his signature “facepalm without actually facepalming” face. Avoiding the fray, Changsub scooted around the edge of the room until he was next to his hyung.

 

“Jintaek hyung what are they doing?! I thought they had dance practice?” He asked.

 

“Oh, I’m just letting them play a bit, Ilsoon was getting testy and they needed a break.”

 

“But..but this is a mess.” Changsub said incredulously, gesturing to the noisy girls.

 

“You know how it is, it’s so hard to say no to them.” Jintaek said. He then turned his attention back to the chaos with an amused smile.

 

“You’re really too nice to them.”

 

    Jintaek put a reassuring hand on Changsub’s shoulder.

 

    “One day you’ll learn that sometimes you just have to give up.”

 

    “....If you say so.”

 

    Jintaek chuckled. Then he stood up and checked his phone.

    “Well I need to get going, take care of them please.”

 

    “Okay hyung.”

 

    Changsub watched him leave then sank back against the wall.

 

    Leaving me to clean up this chaos wow…”

 

    He let them mess around for another few minutes until he had had enough.

 

    “Alright girls it’s time to head back so you can all shower!” He yelled as soon as he shut off the speakers.

 

    “Aww wae…” Sungsook whined as she jumped down from the wooden fixtures on the wall.

 

    “Thats right Sook Sook it’s time to go!” Eunkyung said in what she must have though was an “adult-like” tone.

 

    “Unnie is just salty ‘cause we mauled her at table tennis ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ” Sungsook giggled. The other girls joined in laughing and Eunkyung shot an imploring look at Changsub.

 

    “Changsub-ahhh do something jebal..they keep teasing me.”

    

    “Why did I sign up for this….”

 

    He sighed.

 

    “Sungsook-ie have some respect for your unnie arasso? Now let’s take you home.”

 

    “Neh…” Sungsook and the other girls said (except Ilsoon) while Eunkyung looked on smugly.

 

    They all left the studio and piled into the van. Once he’d started the engine, Changsub hastily the radio. A VIXX song started playing and the girls immediately started squealing.

 

    “Minhee unnie!! Which song is this it’s so cool!!” Hyunsoo teasingly poked Minhee. “Didn’t your best friend Hakyeon oppa tell you about it??”

 

    “It’s their new song called Hyde, Hakyeon told me last night on the phone keke.” Minhee answered from the front seat.  

 

    “Unnie when are you going to introduce me to VIXX?” Said Penelope shyly.

 

    “Meee tooooo!” Sungsook chimed in.

 

    “Oh geez those guys are probably not even a big deal.” Ilsoon huffed, chewing her gum fiercely.

 

    “Don’t lie Ilsoon we saw the VIXX wallpaper on your tablet.” Eunkyung giggled.

 

    Ilsoon glared as everyone else in the van let out a collective “oooooh.” The bubble she just blew with her gum burst with a menacing “pop!” and she rolled her eyes.

 

    “Well they seem Oh-kaaay as idols but they’re not very great boyfriend material, Hakyeon sounds like such a girl when he’s on the phone with Minhee unnie.”

 

    “Yah! Don’t talk about my best friend like that!” Minhee turned in her seat to yell at Ilsoon.

 

    Changsub sighed in annoyance. “Hey kids save it for the dorm.”

 

    “But I’m your noona remember?” Whined Minhee.

 

    “Yeah but I’m your manager.”

    

    Minhee opened to retort, but closed it again when she couldn’t think of one and eventually started playing with her phone.  

 

Everyone in the car was silent while the radio continued playing it’s boy group mix. The lack of bickering was a bit strange to Changsub, who was used to the girls always being noisy.

 

Suspicious, he chanced a glance in the rearview mirror. He spotted Sungsook and Eunkyung making pinching and poking motions in the air, apparently pretending to squash his head between their fingers. Hyunsoo was covering , lost in a gales of silent laughter with Penelope in the back seat while Ilsoon was feigning indifference, although Changsub could see a hint of amusement tugging at the corner of as she continued chewing her gum.

    

    “Aigoo…” Changsub sighed.

 

    His phone, which was sitting in the cup holder, blinked with a KakaoTalk message.

 

    “Minhee could you read that for me?” He said nodding his head towards his phone.

 

    She set down her phone and picked up Changsub’s, swiping the screen and reading the message.

 

    “It’s from Chorong,” Minhee said grinning, “She wants to know what you’re doing now.”

 

    “Tell her I’m driving right now.”

 

    Minhee’s fingers swiftly typed the words “I’m driving, do you miss me already???” along with several large lovey-dovey heart stickers.

 

Snickering devilishly, Minhee turned around in her seat to show Eunkyung what she had typed before putting Changsub’s phone back in the cup holder.

    

    “What did you do.” Changsub asked.

 

    “Nothing!”

 

    “You sent Chorong something weird didn’t you.” Changsub said without taking his eyes off the road.

 

    “Ani…” Minhee said, stifling a girlish giggle.

 

“Aish you girls think you’re so funny.” He said in exasperation.

 

The little “Kaktalk!” sound effect came from his phone again and Minhee tried to reach for his phone but Changsub grabbed it and shoved it in his pocket.

 

“I don’t trust you looking at my phone anymore noona.” He said, scoldingly.

 

They soon pulled up by the Bpink dorm and Changsub stopped the van. The girls tumbled out and trooped up the stairs, chattering amongst themselves. He walked them to the door of their dorm, making sure they all went inside safely before going back to the van by himself.

 

Changsub pulled open the car door and plopped down into the driver’s seat, exhausted. He checked his phone, swearing under his breath at the sight of the stickers Minhee had sent Chorong.

 

Her reply to this barrage of embarrassing graphics was a few question marks and a confused “Sub-ah...are you okay?” Changsub smiled. Of course, his best friend knew him too well. He typed “Mianhae, that was Minhee not me. Give me 5 minutes and I’ll be home soon.” Then he started driving towards his own apartment which was only two blocks away.

 
 

a/n Yes I know it's late (mianhaeee~~~) but I told you it wasn't abandoned so here it is. Ah and I need to add a note for the future: There will be some scenes adapted from actual situations (aka the weekly idol parts lol) so while the overall story idea is original some parts are "borrowed" and tweaked from reality and not really 100% my creation if you get what I mean. Just a disclaimer in case you're getting the feeling that something sounds too familiar haha. So now that it's summer...I have no excuses but I will not be able to update often since I've discovered I'm just a very slow writer OTL. Also I realized A-Cube changed to Plan A ...but I'll just leave it as A-Cube because I'm still not used to the change. Anyways thanks for reading and sticking around ^_^ 

P.S. EXCITED FOR BEAST HIGHLIGHT BUT STILL SAD ABOUT 4MINUTE AND I WILL BURN DOWN CUBE IF PENTAGON IS NOT 10.