Starbucks, 6 Girls, 1 Bathroom

Manager Oppa Has a Life Too

beep beep Beep BEEP BEEP

 

Changsub groaned slightly and rolled over in his bed, trying to muffle the sound of his now fiercely beeping alarm clock with his pillow.

 

“Aish!” He yelled in frustration at the annoying sound of loud beeping.

 

Changsub, having finally gave up trying to block out the sound since it obviously wasn’t working, tossed his now useless pillow off of his bed, and slammed his hand on the alarm clock to stop it. Eyelids drooping, he tried to squint to read the time on the clock. It was 5:03 AM.

 

Now a normal person would have gone back to sleep, but Lee Changsub was no ordinary guy with an ordinary job, he was a manager, and that meant he had the sometimes unfortunate job of getting an unruly bunch of girls out of bed and out of the dorm in a timely manner to get to their schedules on time…..which was very difficult...especially the part about being on time.

    Changsub still felt very groggy but he managed to drag himself out of bed to find some decent(maybe) clothes. The same pair of slightly sagging skinny jeans he had worn the day before, a generic graphic tee and a plain but stylish black jacket. He grabbed his keys and his bag then shoved his feet into his vans and made for the door...yes...Changsub without his morning coffee was too lazy to properly put on his shoes. He got in the van and headed for the nearest Starbucks down the street. This was his everyday routine and in Changsub’s mind, coffee always ALWAYS came first, the girls and his personal appearance could wait.

    He parked his van not far from the Starbuck and got out. There was a drive through but Changsub never used it, he had a special liking for actually going inside for the warm comforting smell of ground coffee in the air. It was still early so it was not yet crowded. The less people were there when he went, the better since he would be less likely to run into his fans…..or so he wished. He pushed open the glass door and was greeted by the fragrance of the best drink that heaven could create: coffee.  The girl at the counter looked up from her phone.

“Changsub oppa you’re early today! The usual?”

 

She shoved her phone back in her apron pocket and grabbed a sharpie to scribble something on his coffee cup. She looked up expectantly waiting to write. Changsub nodded sleepily and dug in his jeans pocket for a gift card.

 

“Ah neh the usual.” He yawned, handing over the card to pay for his coffee.

    While he waited for his coffee to be made, the girl kept eyeing him and brushing her hair behind her ear trying to catch his attention. Changsub tried to look busy with his phone and checking his watch to avoid eye contact.  

    “Oppa do you remember my name yet?” She smiled at him expectantly.

    “Uhhhh….”

    “Oppa you know I purposely requested to work in the mornings.”

    “Jjinja? You must be a really big Pink Penguin then.” Changsub said. He was thinking to himself “Gosh this girl…..”  

    “Aniii~ Oppa that’s not all of it” She pouted making a sad face in attempt to do aegyo “I wanted to see you~.”

    “Ah...well…” Changsub said pretending to be bashful when in reality, he was searching for a way to escape the fan without sounding rude.

 

    Just then he heard his name being called and spotted his coffee, ready and waiting to save him from the situation. He rushed over and grabbed the live saving beverage and headed for the door.

 

    “I must be going, the girls have schedules today.” Changsub hurriedly said and rushed outside back to his van.

    “Heol…..” The girl huffed, watching him as he jogged away to where he had parked.

    Aish….it’s already this time...I need to wake up the girls” Changsub started up the van and drove off to the girls’ dorm a few blocks down from the Starbucks, coffee in hand.

 

~~~~~~~

 

    “CHILDREN!!!! WE HAVE SCHEDULES TODAY GET UP GET UP!” Changsub shouted, in a jaunty singsong voice to the six sleeping lumps on the three bunk beds.

 

The first lump stirred and a curly mussed up head with bushy pigtails appeared from the blankets. Blinking, she grabbed her glasses and stumbled out to claim the bathroom before the others could wake up. The other five figures had barely moved. from their spot. Changsub sighed.

 

Why can’t they all be obedient like Penelope” He wondered with exasperation as he knelt beside Eunkyung’s bed to shake her.

 

“EUNKYUNG NOONA YOU ARE THE LEADER SET A BETTER EXAMPLE FOR THE KIDS” Changsub yelled into Eunkyung’s ear at the top of his lungs.  

 

“EOMMA!”  Eunkyung jumped as if she had been electrocuted. “YaaAAaaa don’t do that” She whined as she tried to catch her breath from the surprise attack.

 

A thump was heard from the top bunk and a few very dainty and lady-like curse words were heard from Ilsoon on the bed above.

 

“Oppa! Can’t you let a girl sleep I need my beauty sleep aish did you see my pores yesterday they were disgusting I need new face masks since SOMEONE forgot to buy more cucumber! And you should stop drinking so much coffee you’re so much more tolerable when you’re asleep and not high on that stuff.” Sassy Ilsoon rambled and complained as she rubbed the top of her head in annoyance. “We need higher ceilings in this place, who do these architects think we are, midgets?!”

 

“This place was built perfectly for Minhee then ㅋㅋㅋㅋ right unnie?” The lower morning voice of Hyunsoo said as she jabbed The small lump on the next bed, also known as Minhee who was still curled up in the blankets.

 

“Hyunsoo-ya hajima!” Minhee rolled over and sleepily gave Hyunsoo a weak blow to the shoulder.

 

“Yah Yah YAH girls can you just get up and get ready aigoo we’re gonna be late for filming!” Changsub scolded them he was trying to shake the snoring maknae Sungsook who had still not woken up with the commotion.

 

Minhee and Hyunsoo got up giggling from their beds to go line up for the single bathroom behind a still scowling Ilsoon. Meanwhile Penelope was plopped on the couch reading her ebook on her iPad having already gotten dressed and cleaned before everyone else. Soon Eunkyung emerged from the bathroom, making cringeworthy aegyo faces at her reflection on her phone screen as she walked out. She turned to Changsub with puffed lips.

 

“Changsub-ah should I do this for my aegyo at the filming today?” She asked him cutely.

 

Changsub frowned in distaste.

 

“Eunkyung-noona that’s kind of…....” He began

 

“How about no.” Ilsoon interrupted as she stalked into the bathroom and slammed the door behind her.  The door clicked and a muffled “WHO USED MY LOTION” was heard from inside the bathroom.

 

“Ugh girls…” Changsub sighed shaking his head as he helped Sungsook find her missing shoe.

 

“Ahahahaha looks like Ilsoon unnie is PMS-ing ahahaha” Sungsook teased.

 

Poor Changsub felt like his head was going to fall off both from the childish behavior of the girls and the constant shaking his head in disapproval. This was going to be a very, very long day.

 

a/n Hello I fail at writing I'm sorry it's sad right, I'm in the U.S. yet my punctuation and whatever is still sometimes....oh well. I don't know what I'm doing with this fic but I hope you guys like it? LOL BTOB is my crazy life they have ruined my mind and now I only think of strange things OTL. Anyways Thank You~~~ sorry updates will be slow bc school.