Letter 1 Received

Letters

After club practice, Xiumin went back to the classroom with Luhan. They're both a part of the soccer club and had been active members since freshmen year. Both loved the sport and had been playing together ever since they were kids.

 

Luhad had his arm comfortably draped over Xiumin's shoulder, something he always does when they're together. It was nothing but casual skinship and Xiumin was fine with it before... before when everything was less complicated. For months now, Xiumin had been careful not to let Luhan notice that his feelings for him had developed into something as more than just a friend. It was hard, but he couldn't afford to lose Luhan.

 

When they eventually reached the classroom, Xiumin couldn't quite control his heart as he prepared for the moment that Luhan discovers the letter. He needs to put on a clueless face. He needs to be able to tease his friend that another fan of his went for the "secret admirer" thing. He needs to act normal, or as normal as a friend can get.

 

He was about to sit down on his chair, because he couldn't find the strength in his legs anymore due to nervousness, when Luhan cleared his throat.

 

"I'm... uh... getting a bit thirsty. I'll just get something from the cafeteria before class starts." Luhan said. He almost sounded nervous as he quickly made his way out of the room.

 

Xiumin on the other hand, released a breath he didn't notice he was holding. But he got all tense again when he realized that it was only a slight delay until Luhan reads his letter. Desperate to shake off his nerve, he reached for a book in his desk, and as he brought it out, a piece of paper fell from the inside. It looked like something torn from a small notebook. He picked it up and saw something written on it.

 

 

 

He had to read it one more time to confirm if that was really written on the paper. It was even signed with the emoticon he always used when he's leaving an informal message around. He couldn't believe it, that someone actually sent him a letter. He had never received special attention from anyone because as far as he could tell, he was part of the normal crowd. But then there was that letter.

 

Xiumin stared at it for a while, long enough that Luhan returned with a bottle of cold water. As his nerves returned over the fact that Luhan will now see his letter, he tucked the piece of paper in his book and momentarily forgot about it as his full attention focused on Luhan.