Four.

Selfish Bastard

“Ah, hello,” Jiyong greeted with a bow as the door started to open. He gripped onto Jaeyong tightly making sure she wouldn’t fall from his bow. However, the second she stood up straight again he almost dropped her as he recognized the familiar face behind the door. Why is SHE here?!

Both of the adults stared at each other in shock, unable to find the words to express their feelings upon seeing each other again. The only sound heard in the hallway was the soft snores from Jaeyong. Minutes seemed to pass as the silence engulfed them as they tried to get their bearings.

Slowly the expression on the woman’s face changed from shock to anger. Narrowing her eyes, she glared at him with hate filled eyes. However, her eyes slowly drifted to the sleeping girl between them and confusion again clouded her face. Why is Jaeyong with HIM? She thought.

Is…is SHE Jaeyong’s mother? He thought as he watched the woman stare at the little girl with loving eyes. Jaeyong…Ms. Park…Ah, Jaeyong must really be her daughter, he thought as he slowly digested the information.

The woman then looked between the girl and the man carrying the sleeping child, How…HOW could he find us? Right before she could open to ask these questions, he shook her head and motion to Jaeyong. “We wouldn’t want her to wake up,” he whispered, “Let’s put her to bed and then we can talk.”

Stepping aside, she reluctantly let him into the apartment and pointed him in the direction of Jaeyong’s room. Carefully tucking Jaeyong into bed, Jiyong looked at the little girl, if you’re really HER daughter, I think we won’t be able to see each other again, he thought sadly, sorry I have to break my promise to you Jaeyongie. Leaning over, he placed a light kiss onto her forehead. Making sure she didn’t wake up, he quietly left the room and closed the door behind him. Now to face HER…he sighed as he slowly made his way back to the kitchen area.

*SLAPPPPPP*

Right as he had entered the kitchen, the woman promptly slapped him across the cheek, hard. He stumbled back from the impact. I guess I deserve that.

The woman before him was practically shaking in anger, her fists were balled up at her sides as she was sending a death glare towards him.

Carefully he straightened himself upright again before approaching her again.

*SLAPPPPPP*

This slap was no less harsh than the one before, now both of his cheeks were left stinging.

“What was that for?!” He asked in frustration, I understand the first one, but a second slap??

*SLAPPPPPP*

“You deserved that,” she gritted her teeth, You deserve so much more than a couple of slaps.

“What is that supposed to mean?” he asked with confusion as he caressed his cheeks. Keeping a good distance away from her, he made sure not to be within slapping distance of her again.

“How dare you,” she gritted her teeth as she roughly gripped onto his jacket, “How dare you come back Jiyong.”

“W-what?” How dare I come back? Of course I would come back to Korea!

"6 years, Jiyong! 6 YEARS! How can you show your face now?! After all this time?!!” She practically yelled into my ear.

“What are you talking about?! I only recently came back to the country and you’re already yelling at me,” he said as he pulled away from her grip only for her to latch her hand on his ear.

“WHY ARE YOU HERE? AND WHY WERE YOU CARRYING JAEYONG?” she screamed.

Jaeyong? JAEYONG! His eyes shifted towards the little girl’s room as if just remembering there was a sleeping child around. “Ya,” I cover with my hand, muffling her protests, “quiet down or you’ll wake her up.”

Once she started to calm down he removed his hand, “Why are you back Jiyong?” she asked sincerely with troubled eyes, “How can you even show your face after so long? How did you even find us?” Letting go of his ear, she waiting for his response.

Ignoring her questions, he gestured to the closed door, “Is she your daughter?” he asked as he glanced over to the door wistfully.

She stares at him with emotionless eyes, but remains silent and lets him come to his own conclusions.

“Ya, Park Bom, is she or is she not your daughter?” he asked again. Is Jaeyong Park Bom’s daughter? If that’s the case…then she’s Jaeyong’s aunt. Why won’t she just answer me?! He thought with frustration as Bom remained silent.

Before he could open his mouth to ask again, Bom beat him to it, “My family is none of your business. You didn’t answer my question Kwon,” she glared at him with her arms crossed, “why are you back?”

“Work,” he stated shortly.

“Second question, what makes you think you can waltz back here? Back into our lives?”

He frowned at her questions, “I’m doing no such thing. Dara and I broke up almost 6 years ago.” What does me coming here have to do with me and Dara?

“Then why are you back? You don’t even know what you did to Dara!” Bom scoffed in disgust.

“What I did to her?” he asked with confusion etched onto his face. What she did to me? Ha, that’s a good one, “Do you know what she did to me?” He asked with anger as he remembered what took place 6 years ago, “Your sister broke my heart into a million pieces. I tried to give her everything, I did anything I could possibly do for her. She was my world, my everything,” he quickly wiped the tear that threatened to fall before Bom could see it, “After giving her everything, showering her with all of my love, what did she do? She coldly dumped me saying that she couldn’t stand me anymore. She made me question whether we should’ve ever fallen in love Bom. You ask me what I did to her? You should be asking what she did to me!”

She looked at him up and down. How pathetic Kwon Jiyong, “God, you really are still a selfish bastard,” she scoffed, you only think about yourself. “You left without a trace when she was carrying your child! And now here you are thinking that you can just walk back into our lives now?!” She asked as she shoved him.

He stared at her in confusion, her words leaving him speechless as he tried to digest it all.

“Well, DO YOU?!” her voice started to get louder and louder as she shoved him again. This time, the shove landed him on the floor.

“C-c-child?” he stuttered as he looked up at her with wide eyes. Dara…carrying my child…me….Dara…child…Dara and I have a child???

“Leave Kwon,” she glared at him as she towered over him and pointed towards the exit door.

Scrambling to his feet, he stood firm, “How can you expect me to leave whe you just told me Dara and I have a child?!” he yelled, “I deserve answers Bom. Where is she? Where is Dara?!”

The entrance door slowly unlocked and opened revealing a worn out woman. Dara scrunched her nose slightly at all of the noise, “Why are you yelling Bom?” she asks as she slips off her shoes.

Hearing that unmistakably familiar voice, Jiyong turned around to see the owner. How long has is been since I last laid eyes on you Dara? 6 years? Psh, that should be a lie…you’re just as beautifully breathtaking as the first day I saw you, he thought as he gaped at her beauty, god, I’ve missed you so much Dara. Time seemed to leave the woman unmarked. Although she was now sporting shoulder-length brown hair, it would be impossible to mistake her as anyone else. Even with tired eyes, she looked like she couldn't be over the age of 20...the same age they had met....the same age both of them fell in love.

“Is Jaeyong back?” she asked as she looked up to see Jiyong staring at her. “Wh-what are you doing here?” she nervously asked, Why Is he here? Why is Jiyong here?! Don’t tell me he found out about Jaeyong. No…no, no, no, there’s no way he could have found out.

Consumed by her thoughts, she didn’t notice Jiyong making his way over to her. Her thoughts were interrupted as he grabbed onto her shoulders, leaving her no room to escape. “Where are they?” He asked forcibly, hurt and sadness were shone through his eyes. Why didn’t you tell me Dara? It’s been 6 years already, WHY?

“Who?” she asked tensely.

“Where is my child?” he asked. Are they okay? Did Dara have a safe pregnancy? Where are they? I need to see them.

She looked at him with surprise and nervousness, He looks so confused. Does he not know? He hasn’t seen Jaeyong then, oh thank god. Her Jingyo-oppa must have dropped her off before Jiyong showed up, she thought with relief. “Your child?” she glared, “I will never let you see my child.” Jaeyong will never be YOUR child Jiyong, she is mine and you can’t take her away from me!

 


A/N: Here is my gift to all of you guys ^___^ I woke up this morning and found 30 comments on just chapter 3 of this story! Thank you so much!!!!!!! So as a thank you, I'm uploading the next chapter keke (sorry if it's a bit short...and/or leaves you frustrated...jk I'm not sorry about that second part). Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! Did you expect that? Or did it surprise you? Dara and Jiyong finally reunite, what do you think will happen now??? Let me know in the comment section below! 

Remember to subscribe, upvote, and comment! I love reading all your guys's comments :D

Chapters 4/8 Done. Halfway point!

Until Next Time! Pyong~

P.S. I might start a new story...maybe...I'll see where planning it will take me :D