Lean On Me

Story of Our Songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Day6 Dowoon & Twice Nayeon

~

If you want to be strong at times

You should look at who's beside you

I'll lend you my shoulder

- DAY6, Lean On Me Sunrise (2017) Lyrics: Young K, Wonpil, Sungjin / Composers: Hong Ji-sang, Lee Woo-min 'Collapsedone', Swanthewhitepig, Young K, Wonpil, Jae, Sungjin / Arrangement: Hong Ji-sang, Lee Woo-min 'Collapsedone', Swanthewhitepig

Why is it raining so hard when I could finally go home early?

Dowoon was upset, No particular reason for why he did, but the weather just makes it even worst. In any normal day, he would definitely love the rain. The earthy smell the ground lets go, that fresh and almost sweet fragrance of the rain which reminds him of home. It was different though, it has always been different. But Dowoon didn’t feel any differences.

Going to Seoul just before the last year of school seems like a good idea for him two years ago. It was on the day like this when he made up his mind. He was packing up his drum gear mindlessly after a performance in the campus festival when someone with a deep set-eyes and intense gaze pats him in the shoulder. He looked a little bit awkward as if he was deciding whether he made the right or wrong choice by approaching Dowoon, though it wasn’t as much awkward as Dowoon who usually awkward on daily basis had become. Things got even more awkward after that because surprisingly the awkward man which happened to have such a thick Busan accent asked him if he wanted to come to Seoul to join his band, which really sound like a nonsense to Dowoon because he said he was a trainee of this huge widely known big three entertainment company in South Korea before he left dumbfounded Dowoon with a name card of someone who supposed to be a talent manager in his hand.

He remembered how the rain stopped him from going home back then when all he wanted was running to his bed and hid under his warm blanket, just to made sure that he wasn’t dreaming after everything that happened. Earlier that morning he has made a promise with himself that it was going to be his last performances because his dad has been constantly telling him to take a more responsible way to live his life instead of making rhythm with every random thing that could make a sound in which his dad sees no future in it. Then somehow, not less than 6 hours later his already made-up minds and heart are questioned with a low possibility that he might finally see his bright future. But all he could do was standing in front of an empty hall of his campus, watching the rainfall hit the ground with empty thoughts. It almost feels as if the sky was sympathizing with his life.

And all the similar things and feeling washed over him again today. A lot of things surely have changed for the past 2 years, but it's all still feel the same for Yoon Dowoon.

“There’s nothing sadder than the rain in early July. Don’t you think so, Sunbae?”

“Oh. Yes. Sunbae.” Dowoon answered with his deep voice which sounded so much different than the soft cute voice that brings him back to his surroundings.

The girl chuckled on probably how cutely awkward – more because it’s awkward rather than cute – he was. He was too lost in reminiscing that he didn’t even notice her standing beside him.

“Are you going up here to daydreaming, Sunbae?”

“What are you doing here, Sunbae?”

They said almost simultaneously that made them laughing right after.

“I see that you still called me Sunbae even when you debuted first, Yoon Dowoon.”

“Well you’re so much more senior than me tho, Im Nayeon.” Dowoon answered jokingly. “You know, training-wise and having-fanclub-wise.” He added quickly as the girl beside her didn’t give him any response, instead she was looking up to the dark sky that has been clouding over Seoul for quiet sometime with a rather unamused expression.

“It’s easily misunderstood.” Nayeon said suddenly as she turned to Dowoon who’d been watching – admiring, really – her face side profile. “You know, me, you, the rain.” She added after Dowoon flashes her what supposed to be a questioning looks – that came off so awkward that made him look like a fool – and she get it.

He didn’t know what kind of response he should give. Should he  said that he was sure there’s nobody else beside them around since everyone must be busy practicing or doing some thing else and the JYP headquarter’s rooftop was located on higher floor than any building around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter