Chapter 2

Daddy, fool!

Jongin is on the second folder of reports when the insistent ringing of his phone becomes something he could no longer ignore. The default Apple ringtone becomes obnoxiously annoying.

 

He throws a hand up in the air in surrender and swears, “All right, all right! I’m picking up!” as if that will stop the ringing of his phone.

 

His complaints die down on his lips when he sees the emergency number designated for Josh. He can feel the blood drain out of his face. If something were to happen to his kids… he picks up before his imagination could run any wilder.

 

“Josh?”

 

“Daddy!!” Come the shrill voices of his sons. He has to put the phone away from his ear to save his poor eardrum. At least his children sound excited and not scared.

 

“Daddy you need to pick us up from school now!”

 

He sounds very much like Sehun—Sehun when he’s screaming at Jongin to hand his robe in the shower. He frowns. “What’s wrong, Josh?”

 

“Daddyyyyy did you really forget?” He hears Seth’s smaller voice singsong. Forget what?

 

He remembers something different instead. “Why is Seth not in his own class? Josh? Where are you two? Why are you using the emergency number?”

 

He hears shuffling on the other line. And then Josh is screaming. And then he hears Seth wailing. He can only imagine the two battling for the iPhone.

 

“Daddy just come!” Seth whines, voice sounding far from the speaker. He can imagine his elder son using his height to his advantage—raising his arms while he holds the phone so the younger won’t be able to do reach it.

 

“You forgot it’s your anniversary!” the younger screams.

 

Josh grunts in frustration and mutters, “I was supposed to tell that.”

 

Jongin blinks at the stack of folders scattered all over his desk. He also glances at more paper works seating at the corner of his office. He looks at his desk calendar and winces inwardly.

 

It is September 4. Their 8th year anniversary. He can’t believe he could have forgotten a thing like that. In this lifetime, there are three dates you should never forget—the birthday of your lover, the birthday of your kids, and your anniversary.

 

He’s still clinging inwardly when his kids’ voice blast through the speakers of the phone. “Daddy! Daddy! We have a plan!”

 

Back on the days Sehun and Jongin were still young enough to fool around, plan always means trouble. He hopes history won’t repeat itself. Still, he asks, “What plan?”

 

There’s a slight pause on the other line. Seth stops wailing and Josh stops screaming. Finally, at the same time, they answer, “Daddy, pick us up and we’ll show you.”

 

And he does.

 

---

 

 

The teacher gives Jongin a skeptical look.  “Mr. Kim, what kind of family emergency are we talking about here?”

 

When his kids asked him to pick them up, he didn’t think a valid reason would be necessary. He thought parents could pick their kids up as they please. How would he know? He and Sehun just cut classes way way back.

 

“It’s personal.” He insists, staring right through the young teacher’s eyes. He might be 32 but he’s still banging hot.

 

And hallelujah it works. She blushes and looks down, muttering tons of schoolwork and poor kids. Jongin knows she’s just staring at his crotch. Finally, she concedes. “All right. But they need to take their school works at home.”

 

Jongin is okay with that.

 

--

 

Apparently, his children’s plan is ‘dancing in the moonlight, eating good food and love love love’.

 

Very unique.

 

“What’s ’love love love?” He demands, looking at Josh who has his arms crossed over his chest, looking proud.

 

Seth butts in, “That’s like chup chup chup chup daddy!” He makes kissy lips and kissy sounds. Jongin tilts his head in confusion.

 

“Chup chup what?”

 

His younger son’s face crumples in annoyance (as if this is supposed to be a no brainer; too bad Jongin doesn’t speak kid language). He glances at his brother for help. Josh gives him a what do you want me to do look and shrugs.

 

Seth stomps his feet on the ground in frustration. He tugs at Jongin’s hand to get him to get down on his level. Jongin reluctantly crouches to his height. “It’s like this—” he puckers his lips like a duck’s and kisses his face all over, leaving saliva on its trail. Jongin finally understands what he’s saying.

 

“You mean make love?”

 

Seth’s face lights up so bright he might as well be the sun in the sky.

 

Jongin has the urge to go back to their teacher and ask what they’ve been teaching to his sons.

 

--

 

Getting into the car is one hard and long battle. Josh is blocking the door of the front seat, screaming, “No. I seat with daddy!”

 

The younger scowls. “But Seth is younger!”

 

“So??”

 

“So I seat with daddy!”

 

“But I wanna seat with daddy!”

 

“Daddy doesn’t wanna seat with you!”

 

“Kids, kids,” He tries to pacify both child by tapping their backs. They ignore him and stare at each other heatedly. He’s surprised Seth didn’t do the crybaby way. Sehun always did that before...

 

As if the world is playing a stupid game on him, Seth’s lips start to tremble; his white, pudgy face turns red. “B-b-but...”

 

He turns his head towards his daddy with red-rimmed eyes. “Daddy you don’t wanna seat with me?” he makes his voice small on purpose, saliva jumping out of his mouth as he speaks. His shoulders shake and each tick of the clock that Jongin doesn’t say anything, his cries get louder and louder.

 

They all know Seth is an overdramatic drama actor. Still, his face and expressions are all so infectious only the cruel of the cruel can resist it.

 

Josh is the first one to cave in. “Okay, okay.” He pats the younger’s head and wipes his snot with the inside of his shirt. “We both seat at the front.”

 

“Can we, daddy?” his elder son turns to him, flashing those bright and wide hazel eyes. The ones he always gives him when Jongin learns he toyed with his action figures. (he still keeps them don’t judge okay)

 

If he says no that’s too dangerous you guys are too noisy now to these kids, he’ll be the Voldemort in their eyes.  Of course he doesn’t want that. So he heaves a sigh and nods. “Fine. But behave, you two. Okay?”

 

They nod at the same time like cute little puppies.

 

 

--

 

Jongin thought he could drive in peace once the issue with the seat gets resolved. Apparently, his kids have a lot of issues to settle in their life.

 

Once inside the car, Seth excitedly grabs the iPod shuffle from his school bag (Jongin still has to reprimand him for bringing it to school) and plugs the lightning cable on the car.  He presses the next button, face earnest as he counts, “One, two, three chu!”

 

♪♫ heads in the clouds

got no weight on my shoulders

i should be wiser

and realize that i’ve got..... ♪♫

 

Seth is about to sing with Ariana Grande at the chorus when Josh takes out the iPod from the car player. “Really, Ariana Grande?!”

 

Jongin resists the urge to agree with his eldest son because that might make the youngest cry. Again.

 

“I’ve got one lesh problem without chu~ I’ve got one lesh problem without chu~ I’ve got one lesh one lesh proooo—blem!” He won’t stop singing even after the music is gone. Josh huffs and takes out his own iPod instead.

 

Unlike Seth who has the order of his songs memorized and well organized, Josh presses the next button randomly, stopping at every song to hear what the song is until he finally reaches his wanted tune. Finally, he grins in triumph and music comes blasting on the speakers of the car again. Apparently, his elder’s taste in music is no better.

 

♪♫ Na, na, na, diva is a female version of a hustler

of a hustler, of a, of a hustler

na, na, na, diva is a female version of a hustler

of a, a hustler, of a, of a hustler  ♪♫

 

 

Seth finally notices the change of music. He nudges his brother with a foot. “Hey!”

 

Josh pretends not to hear him and shakes his head, swaying his body to the beat.

 

“Joshie!” the younger protests, pouting petulantly.

The elder raises an eyebrow and frowns. “What?”

 

“I played Ari first! Bring her back!”

 

“But Beyoncé is better.” Josh insists. “Do you know how much platinum awards she got?”

 

“But Ari is a rising artist! Do you know she’s dubbed as the next Mariah Caweyy?”

 

“Beyoncé’s husband is riiiiich.” The elder counters, bragging as if he’s the one with the rich husband. The younger blinks in thought, as if thinking of a way to counter that.

 

He looks like he’s about to kick his brother but then, “Ari is rich before she even became an artist. She doesn’t need a hushband to have money!”

 

Jongin laughs. Seth is five and still can’t pronounce s and r properly.

 

“Kids, do you know who’s the favourite singer of your dada?” He butts in instead before they could have another argument of who is the better artist.

 

“Taylor Swift!” Josh thunders loudly.

 

“Nope.”

 

“Katy Perry!” Seth tries.

 

“No.”

 

Gosh, these kids.

 

“Rihanna?”

 

“Eeeng.”

 

“Iggy Azalea?”

 

“Miley Cyrus?”

 

“No and no.”

 

They name various artists, all of which he says no.

 

He hides a triumphant grin. This should keep them busy for now and let him drive in peace towards PriceSmart.


[A/N]: Short chappie because I still want to update and it's a bit busy at work. I'm really struggling with so Come Kitty remains on hold. Aside from that, I'm slowly trying to get back my funny bone. Hopefully, the next chapter will be funnier. Lol.