Time

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1- Time

Irene

2013

“Excuse me,” I turned around to face the person who called my attention. “But, do you know what time it is?” I checked my wristwatch to answer her question but in the process of doing it, I notice that the girl has her own watch.

“Uhmm...” Of course being the weird Bae Irene that I am, I just stared at her with my mouth slightly open wondering why she asked for the time when, clearly, she had a big- watch on her wrist.

I turned my gaze on her watch just to imply that she could’ve answered her question herself.

“Oh,” I don’t know what’s up with this girl, but she’s clearly weird, and dumb. Not that I am judging her from how she looks- I mean she’s really cute and hot. I mean she’s really attractive, not that I was checking her out. What the hell, Irene. “Right, I do have a watch. Sorry about that”

“It’s fine. It happens to me all the time” It doesn’t.

“Okay, so just to clear the weird atmosphere between the two of us, just tell me what time it is and let’s just forget about the fact that I have a wristwatch.” If this girl isn’t attractive, I would’ve just ignored her and mind my own business.

“It’s,” I looked at my watch to check what time it is and I can feel her staring at me like she’s in love with me.

Seulgi

1:38 p.m

I had been staring at this girl for about thirty minutes when I decided to make my move. I know it’s creepy to stare at something- let alone someone- for that long, but damn, this girl is simply ethereal; she’s heavenly. She’s so ing pretty.

“Excuse me,” that’s it. I lost it. I feel like I’m in heaven right now. Like she’s heaven herself. “But do you know what time it is?” Great, Kang Seulgi, for ing heaven’s sake, you have a ing watch.

I was about to put my left hand on my pocket for her not to notice that I do have a watch, but it was already too late. She already saw it.

“Uhmm...” she’s so ing cute.

“Oh, right, sorry about that” this is probably the first time that I thank God for having a dumb-girl-slash-inattentive-look.

“It’s fine. It happens to me all the time” no, it doesn’t happen to you all the time, I’m sure of that.

But you telling me it does makes my heart beat uncontrollably.

“Okay, so just to clear the weird atmosphere between the two of us, just tell me what time it is and let’s just forget about the fact that I have a wristwatch.”

Okay, Kang. Let’s do this. If she tells you that it’s 1:43, then you have a chance with her.

Okay, that’s too much.

Just any time with the number two in it

What am I even doing this for?

“It’s...”

I don’t know if this girl’s pace is normally slow or it’s just that this is a nerve-wrecking situation.

“Uhm...”

Why are my palms so sweaty today?!

“Oh. It’s 1:43”

No ing way!

3rd Person POV

2015

“1:43” the couple- rather ex-couple said in unison. They turned their gaze to each other and it didn’t even last for a second when the younger girl broke the eye contact.

“So, what’s 1:43 for the both of you?” the small lady, Wendy, asked the two girls who are obviously awkward towards each other. Like, they weren’t in a relationship three months ago.

“Seriously, Wen, what is this for?” the lady with a bear-like face asked.

“Seulgi, you gotta stop acting like that. This is for Irene!” Wendy exclaimed.

It is evident to Seulgi that Irene did change. Well, people tend to do that, right?

Some people change for the better after a break-up.

Seulgi did.

Well, Irene on the other hand, obviously did not.

“Stop it, Wendy. I’m fine” Irene gave a small smile to Wendy before packing her things up and preparing herself to go.

“Will you please just answer my question first?” Wendy seems hopeful bringing the couple back together.

Irene eyed the girl she used to- she still does- love. The younger girl payed no attention to it, rather she just looked down on the floor finding it more amusing than what’s happening around her.

“Fine,”

Irene thought about what really is 1:43 to her. If it weren’t for Seulgi, it would just be a random time to her, but well, Seulgi happened.

“To me,” Seulgi then stared at the girl she used to love. Why would she think so deep about it? Is it really that important to her? Does it have to be important to her?

“It is a special time for me. It is when I met you, Seulgi. I can clearly remember that day when I was waiting at the bus stop and you asked me what time it was but- according to you- you didn’t notice that you do have a watch,” Irene chuckled bi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter