What Fishie Sees, Fishie Hogs (Chapter 3)

What Fishie Sees, Fishie Hogs

The Third Night

Kyuhyun was having a really nice dream about singing in front of President Obama when suddenly Donghae launched one of his deadly kick. There was so little you could do when all of the sudden, the nice image of the White House turned into the pattern of the carpet, speeding awfully fast towards his face. There was a thud, followed by a groan, followed by a very angry Kyuhyun.

A very angry Kyuhyun.

He got up at once, glaring at Donghae who was still peacefully asleep with his limbs sprawled freely over the bed, oblivious to the whole flying helicopter whatever-the-name-is-kick he just pulled off. A puff of smoke went out from Kyuhyun's ears. "HYUNG!" he called out.

The figure stirred with a lazy groan, his hand flew out to reach the clock on the bedside table. "Kyu,” he blinked, “It's 2 in the morning." Said a sleepy and irritated voice. "Damn right it's 2 in the morning." Kyuhyun gritted his teeth. "I was dreaming of Obama! And Oprah! And then you kicked me off the bed."

Donghae mumbled something that sounded like "Ofah" and “I did?”, turning his back on Kyuhyun and pulling the cover over his head, "S'rry." Then he went right back to sleep. Kyuhyun lost his patience and grabbed the covers, yanked it off the bed at once.

"Kyu what the hell?"

"I've barely gotten any sleep for the last three days! You hog all the covers, it's goddamn freezing, and you keep kicking me in your sleep!" Kyuhyun was fuming.

Donghae pulled himself up to sit, blinking his eyes tiredly. "I'm sorry." He said in a quiet voice. "You members know that I move often in my sleep." He looked up to Kyuhyun apologetically. "It's not something that I can control. I've tried..."

It was true. Kyuhyun had shared a room with him a couple of times, back at the dorm and when SJM debuted in China. And often he heard the others commented or about it too, but it was never a problem since back at the dorm they each sleep on their own beds.

There was something about the older man's eyes, that made all Kyuhyun's anger dispersed at once. The way you can’t stay mad when a very cute puppy tilted its head and looked up at you with big, clear eyes. The maknae sighed. "It's just that it's very very cold, hyung."

They both said nothing for a minute. Only Kyuhyun shivering in his t-shirt and pajama pants, and Donghae blinking sleepily in the dark. ", it is cold." The older man muttered and rubbed his arms. "Come here," he nudged his head. Then he went to get the blanket that Kyuhyun had yanked off from the feet of the bed. The maknae climbed back slowly and Donghae wrapped the cover back over them.

"There is this... method, that Eunhyuk found, when we shared a room once." Donghae was saying as he slipped his arm around the maknae, wrapping him close to his chest. How casually Donghae had moved surprised Kyuhyun, as if it was the most natural thing in the world, as if they had done it several hundred times before. "If I sleep hugging somebody, I don't really move around... that much..." He said softly, his warm breath grazing the skin on the back of Kyuhyun's neck. The maknae shivered, but not with cold.

The feeling of Donghae's warm body against his back, the steady rise and fall movement of another chest, another heart beating so close to his own, they were all so... familiar, yet strangely foreign. And so... Warm. He thought. And nice. And comfortable.

"You are so warm." Donghae mumbled sleepily into the back of Kyuhyun's shoulder before drifting off to sleep, as if echoing the maknae's thought. You are... too warm, Kyuhyun replied in his mind. The older man's voice was too low for his comfort. Donghae grazed the tip of his nose against the back of Kyuhyun's shoulder, and the maknae could feel the older man's lips resting next to his shoulder blade through the thin fabric of his shirt. His heart thumped against his chest and he wondered if Donghae's ear was close enough to hear it.

In summary, Kyuhyun still didn't get a proper sleep that night. Not because he was cold—Oh, he was warm alright—it was just that his heart stubbornly wouldn't get back to the slower, normal pace, required for sleeping.