1/1

3:47am

The times I called Chanyeol in the mornings to wish him good morning and at night to wish him good night, meant nothing to me. It made him happy, though. I could hear the slight laugh he'd make in the mornings before wishing me the same good morning in his low, husky and sleepy morning voice. I could hear him yawn as if I had woken him up in the middle of the night before he'd say good night and I could imagine that stupid smile spread across his face as he'd hang up, wondering if I'd call again in the morning to wish him, yet again, another good morning.

 

 

But I felt nothing.

 

 

Every time I'd call in the morning to wish him good morning, it felt like a task that would haunt me and make me feel bad if I didn't complete it. I'd set up an alarm ten minutes before 9:00am and even if I was late by one minute on calling him, I'd have the nerve to say sorry for it. At night, it was no different. I'd usually call late. My job as a writer kept me up with writer's block and I almost felt sorry whenever I'd hear that yawn of his and realize just how late I had called. Though, I still made sure to wish him good night before I crawled into bed, my mind overworked, as I wondered how long I had to keep doing this.

 

 

 

The one time Chanyeol called me first was the last time he had called me. I'd been acting my usual self in front of him for the few weeks before and he'd probably caught on. Instead of calling him at 9:00am I'd call as late as noon, my sleeping schedule had clearly been messed with. When it came to night I wouldn't call at all if it was past 2:00am and would only apologize for it in the morning. My real attitude toward our relationship had begun to show through my actions and Chanyeol seemed to have come to the conclusion sooner than I would've ever thought.

 

 

The call was late at night: 3:47am. He had woken me up. I wanted to apologize for not calling him earlier, but the sniffle I heard from the other line made me stop mid sentence. I figured he was crying and immediately asked him what's wrong. He stood silent for a while, though I could still hear him whispering things along the lines of you never cared. I felt bad, I will admit. Chanyeol finally came to his senses and realized how much I really didn't care. The only way for him to confirm it, however, was with this call.

 

 

"Lie to me."

 

So, I simply confirmed it for him.

 

"I love you."