Thirty Two

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

Lydia woke up drenched in cold sweat.

She pulled off her covers and shakily crawled out of bed. Reaching for her phone, she turned it on and saw that it was only 2AM.

Biting her lips, she contemplated on what to do. Mark would be asleep at this time but she desperately wanted to hear his voice.

She needed to hear his voice.

But he had practice till midnight… which meant he needed to rest.

In the end, Lydia decided against her wishes and placed her phone back. Instead, she supported herself with the wall and went to Haru’s room.

In the dim nightlight, she could tell that Haru’s covers were all kicked off again.

My baby had a rough night too, she thought.

After straightening the blankets, Lydia sat on the edge of the bed and gently grasped Haru’s hand.

Slowly, her wild beating heart was able to come to a rest.

 

*                      *                      *

 

A heavy lidded Bambam was blinding walking to the bathroom when he heard someone punching the pin pad outside of their door, instantly, he forgot about his bladder’s urgency, “HYUNGS SOMEONE IS TRYING TO BREAK IN!”

“SHHH…” Jackson, who had an early schedule, came out of the kitchen holding a peeled banana, “Be quiet, the others are still sleeping.”

Seeing someone else awake, Bambam ran over to the older one, “Hyung! What if it is a crazy fan?”

“Stop being so paranoid,” Jackson finished his banana in two bites, “They don’t know our pass code.”

“But what if –…”

“Sh…” Jackson placed a finger on the younger one’s lips, “Stop worrying and if an intruder does come in, you have your brave Jackson Hyung.”

Just as his words died, they heard a beep followed by the door clicking open.

Jackson’s banana peel slipped right through his fingers as he stared wide eyed at the equally shocked Bambam.

“Hyung,” Bambam squeaked out too afraid to move.

The older one placed a hand on Bambam’s shoulder, “I’ll call you Hyung if you save me.”

“H-Huh?” Bambam opened his mouth to ask what the older one meant but Jackson collapsed onto the ground and pretended to faint.

“TRAITOR!” Bambam glared at the body on the ground once before his eyes searched frantically for a weapon.

He pulled out a fruit knife first, “What if I cut myself?” he placed it back and replaced it with a rolling pin, “It’s too short, what if there’s a mob of them?” he groaned and threw it on the counter. In the end he decided that the best weapon was a human shield.

He stared at the breathing human on the ground and kicked it, “Hyung get up all ready!”

When Jackson didn’t move, Bambam sighed and hooked his arms under the older one’s armpit to hull him up.

“Um… are you two okay?”

“DON’T COME ANY CLOSER OR ELSE… or else…” Bambam swayed and painted under Jackson’s weight, “Wait, N-Noona?”

“Hi?” Lydia greeted unsurely, “I brought breakfast?” she held up two plastic bags.

“Awww how sweet of you,” Jackson suddenly came back to life and took the bags from her.

“Hyung you’re evil,” Bambam shoved the older one before turning to his new target, “NOONA!” he whined, “You scared us. We thought you were a crazy fan trying to break in!”

“Sorry,” Lydia apologized, “I mixed up the last two digits of your pass code so I had to punch it in twice.”

“No problem,” Jackson replied with speckles of rice around his mouth.

“I didn’t think anyone would be awake so I didn’t bother calling,” she explained.

“I have a schedule,” Jackson turned to Bambam, “Why are you up?”

“I’m…” Bambam suddenly remembered his need to use the toilet, “I-I’ll talk to you later Noona,” he spoke hastily before dashing to the bathroom.

“He’s still sleeping,” Jackson disposed his empty food container and washed his hands, “I assume you didn’t come all the way here to just deliver breakfast.”

Lydia blushed.

“I’m leaving…” he glanced at the clock, “now,” he sent Lydia a playful wink, “Just don’t get too wild when I’m gone.”

“Yah!” Lydia glared at him, “Next time I’m poisoning the food.” 

Jackson laughed and wore his shoes.

“By the way,” he called from the doorway, “Junior predicts that you two ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter