Final!

More Than a TV Star

Guys, there will be lots of conversation, so it's not really narative. I hope you're okay with that. Enjoy.

-----

Now when she thinks about it, it's so dumb of her to think that Hanbin won't know about this. Well, it's out anyway. Let's see how things goes from here.

"I don't really want to hide the news from you, Hanbin-ah. It's just you're busy preparing for your debut and I don't want you to be disturbed by any unimportant things like this."

"Hmmm, and since when my beautiful girlfriend's career change is not an important issue?" Hanbin fake a pout, but still, Hayi felt somewhat guilty.

"It's not like that, Hanbin-ah."

"and the fact that we won't be working in the same place is an easy thing to accept then?"

"You know that it's nothing like that. Don't be angry, okay. I'll make it up to you~"

"Really?" Hanbin face lit up. He's actually quite easy to please. Hayi's way overthink things sometimes.

"Yep. What do you want? Monthly dose of Pringles or Choco Cone?"

"Hayi-ya, I'm debuting. I can't eat too much."

"So what do you want me to do, Hanbin-ah? Shall we go and watch movie? My treat!"

"Aniya, it's too risky for us to be seen in public now."

"Sooooo, what do you want, my dear Hanbin? I'm out of ideas here."

"Hmmm. Do you want to listen to our new song, Hayi-ya? We can use some early feedback."

"That's what you want me to do? You can ask me for foods or things or -"

"Oooooor?" Hanbin winks slyly at Hayi, aish this guy.

"Never mind. So your song then? After that everything's good with me going to HIGHGRND then?"

"Yep! We'll see each other all the time anyway. I'll tell aunty if you're starting to drift apart from me anyway."

"Yah! Don't tell umma on me!" Hayi gasps at Hanbin's remark, as she knows Hanbin is close to her family already.

"Well, it's not my fault she loves me, Hayi-ya."

"I really don't understand that until now, I think she loves you a little bit too much, Hanbin-ah."

"Don't worry baby, Hanbyul loves you more than she loves me now. So we're pretty much even."

"Well, it's a lie but I'm happy for that lie. I guess we're going to your studio now?"

"Yep. Go, go, go!"

"Well, aren't you well prepared for iKON TV already with that catchphrase."

"We can never be too prepared, Hayi-ya."

-----

Hanbin and Hayi enter the practice room and meet with other iKON members, they greet her and ask her to sit down among themselves.

"So, Hayi-ya. What are you doing here?" Jinhwan asks her while touching his newfound blond hair.

"I'm here to listen to your first song, nice hair anyway!" Hayi gives him a thumbs up.

"What about mine, noona? I'm still awesome, rite?" Junhoe suddenly shows Hayi his new hairdo.

"You are always fabulous, Junhoe!" She giggles.

"See guys, Hayi-noona understand me best!"

"Hayi-ya, you're being to nice to him. Anyway, we're about to go out and eat, you'll be staying here with Hanbin, okay?" After that, all the other members goes out to eat, leaving them alone in the practice room.

"So, Hayi-ya. This is the first time you'll be hearing this. The song is pretty laid back, I guess not really upbeat just like we use to do. That's why I need your advice on this."

"Hooo, howcome you don't do upbeat song like you use to do?"

"This is warm up single, Hayi-ah. We'll reveal other type of songs later."

"Ah, so I heard. You'll do the first part at October and the complete part at November, rite?" 

"Yeah, something like that. Just like when you debut, rite? Part 1 and Part 2."

"But back then we use baloons, Hanbin-ah."

"Your image fits with baloons and all things cute, Hayi-ya. Imagine us with baloons?" They laugh together and Hanbin makes an aegyo face that makes Hayi cringe.

"True, true. So, let's play the song. Do you prefer me hearing the song only or with the MV?"

"Well, the MV aren't ready yet. So you'll have to settle with the audio first, is that okay?"

"Of course! Let's go."

-----

You’re my type
When I look at you,
I want you so bad I go crazy
I think about you even right before I go to sleep pow.

Your sneakers under your thin ankles
A perfect harmony with your denim skinny jeans
Under your slightly big cardigan
Your falling, long, straight hair is so pretty

Your shy eye smile, the look on your face
when you space out
It all looks so pretty to me, it makes my heart tremble
Why did you come now? You’re my type

-----

"Hanbin-ah. You, you write about me?" Hayi looks at Hanbin with pure awe in her eyes, Hanbin just smiles shyly.

"How can I write about anyone else, Hayi-ya. I love writing this song, it came so effortlessly."

"Of course, all you have to do is describing me and my wardrobe at our first date."

"Sure thing. I've never been so heavily inspired." He giggles and shows her his adorable smile. Hayi just can't help to pinch his cheek.

"You can tell me beforehand, can't you?"

"Like you tell me about your transferred?" Hanbin counters.

"Ah, there we go again. Okay, my bad. I should've trust you more that you'll be okay with it."

"It's okay Hayi-ya. I know you are worried about me. I'm thankful for that, really."

"That's so sweet, and you never meant to make me do errand anyway right? You prepared to show me the song, don't you Kim Hanbin?"

"Of course baby. I'm not that childish. We can make it work, I have confidence in that."

"Okaaaay, you're so cheesy."

"Can't help it, sorry."

"Next time, if you're going to put me as your song topic, please give me a heads up. Who knows I'll get jealous?"

"Naaah. You won't get jealous. Lee Hayi-ssi is a mature girl. She won't get jealous."

"Hey, I learn from you!" She laughs and Hanbin follows.

"So, we've made up right. Hayi-ya? Don't go around someplace without telling me again, arra?"

"Okay, I'm so confused about what to tell you. But everything is okay, rite?"

"Yep!"

"So you're cool with me in HIGHGRND?"

"Hmmm, okay. I don't like it but okay."

"... and me not being in the same building all the time with you?"

"we can manage this one, okay then."

"... and me having new male friends like Hyukoh-oppas and other hip hop oppas that collab with Epik High oppas?"

"What? Where did that come from Hayi-ya??"

Oops.

-----

iKON debut!!!! I'm so happy I have no words!!