one

I Hate Myself a Little (For Loving You)

“Good afternoooooon!”

 

Jihoon cringed as the unnecessarily loud greeting broke through the quietness of the coffee shop. He started this part-time job for a reason; he undoubtedly preferred silence and the shop’s volume rarely rose above a dull buzz. Save for when, of course, Choi Seungcheol made his daily visits. The boy hadn’t been absent from Jihoon’s day since the older boy had convinced Soonyoung, a coworker that Jihoon often shared shifts with, to trade his work schedule for a date with one of Seungcheol’s friends. Generally the dark-haired boy stopped in at the beginning of his shift, but lately he’d been dropping by a second time, presumably after his afternoon class.

 

“You were here literally four hours ago, how much coffee does one person need?” Jihoon questioned, not bothering to raise his eyes from the drink he was mixing.

 

Seungcheol shrugged, “I just haven’t gotten my fill yet.” He paused, leaning across the counter with a ridiculously smug smile, “Of your smile, that is.”

 

Jihoon scoffed, shooting a less-than-amused look at the older boy before turning to hand the now finished drink to a customer with a ‘thank you, come again!’ before finally facing Seungcheol. Said boy was still leaning against the counter, head resting in his hands as he pouted at Jihoon.

 

“What now?”

 

“You’re so nice to the other customers, but so mean to me. Did you know that you were a big jerk, Lee Jihoon?”

 

“I’m not a jerk, you’re just sensitive. Now will you please stop hitting on me and order something, or do I have to call my manager again?”

 

With a sigh and a muttered ‘fine’, Seungcheol reached into his pocket for his wallet as his eyes scanned the menu. He always did this, reading over the possible concoctions again and again before ordering the same thing as usual.

 

“Medium coffee. Black.”

 

A fond grin spread across Jihoon’s face at the boy's familiar order, he was so predictable. And boring. Who the hell orders plain coffee at a coffee shop? What a waste of money.

 

“Oh, and I’ll take your number, too.”

 

“I swear to god, Seungcheol.”