Hello, Goodbye

In your eyes

 

 

It has been a good year for him despite his losses he was amazed on how resilient he could be and was beyond thankful that he was able to manage it and not succumb to depression like before. He nearly did though but somehow her presence made him pull through it, physically she wasn't there anymore but she was always with him. He couldn't explain it even to his brothers but he always felt that Seungyeonah was a part of him, the one that he never knew was even possible to exist. She enabled a better version of him, someone who always wanted to do better for himself and more importantly for her. 

 

It has been difficult as he was not allowed to see her anymore. He respected her decision to want some space, to be away from him,  to build new ground, and to find herself again as he knew that she needed time to heal after what he has put her through. She was always the sensible one, someone who took a slower pace with things to carefully think things through but deep down he couldn't shake off the feeling and hope that perhaps she was testing him on how long will he wait. And so he did, he still does. 

 

As pathetic as it may seem he and his group of friends would occasionally update himself of her activities and projects but more importantly they were on the lookout for the competition. She had quite the following as the years passed which worried him a lot. For she paved the new generations way of appreciating beauty and emerging Hallyu stars. Seungyeon has always owned a beauty and sensibility that made her immensely attractive and lovable even more. The absence however of news or scandals that she was dating her costars or had someone permanent and serious consoled and assured him that he still has a chance. 

 

As Jonghyun went about his schedule packed day and as he decided to go out with friends that night to wind down that so called running chance would finally be tested. Jonghyun was busy laughing and drawing on his friends face after winning their bet at a quaint cafe in Gagnam when he saw a familiar silhouette from the sidewalk across the glass that was secluding the cafe. It was Seungyeon on a cold fall night smiling with her hair being blown by the wind and her cheeks pink from the cold. She was checking her phone and subsequently rubbed her palms together and blow air into them to warm her up. Seeing her upclose like that after a long time made him want to come up to her and protect her from the cold. He was aghast that she was near him, with his mouth opened and the marker falling from his grip all of his friends looked at the direction where he was intensely looking at and they eventually saw Seungyeon as well.  Jonghyun hastily stood up unable to hold the urge to come up to her.

 

Seungyeon was shivering from the cold and busy typing on her phone when  warm cashmere scarf was gently wrapped around her neck. She looked up surprised at the kind gesture and she smiled when she saw him. Oppa! Kahmsamnida. 

 

Ahhh biane Seungyeonssi I made you wait for too long ottos you're shivering! Come lets get you a cup of coffee first.

 

Anii oppa I actually want to lessen my dependence on coffee, Seungyeon laughed.

 

Arasso I guess lets just go into the car then?Lets just turn up the heat so that it'll warm you up.

 

Seungyeon entered the car and was all buckled up, the engine was on and the heat was finally starting to seep in. He then took her hand rubbed it and blew air into it while looking directly at her and saying there all warmed up! He then gently touched her faced and stared into her enchanting eyes and realised how truly lucky he was that she has finally let him in. 

 

Jonghyun was frozen and paralysed on what had just happen before his eyes. He stood on the same spot the entire time the whole situation has panned out and his friends couldn't help but exchange worried glances because seeing his reaction meant that the night wasn't going to end early, free and easy after all.

 

Arasso lets go get gool tonight and so they did. Most of his friends couldn't remember what they all did that night but they could not forget the haunting words that Jonghyun has uttered from the pain that he was reeling in. 

 

“Chinggus…..it doesn't hurt the way that you think it might be, losing her was painful, yes. Seeing her but not being able to talk to her and hold her is torture, yes buuuuut I can still bear it. Jonghyun slurred through his words. But god, seeing her so happy and well like that felt like my heart was stabbed and ripped from me, I know I might sound selfish even if I don’t have any right to be. Believe me it isn't like that…. I…..want….her… to…be…happy…

I JUST DID NOT REALIZE THAT IT WOULDN’T BE ME to cause such happiness. It has never crossed into my mind that someone else could do that to her, that someone could do so much better than I did. It hurts so much to realise that someone else now has that capacity and privilege to bring out the bliss that I once painstakingly strive to bring out from her.

 

Now I truly have lost my purpose.”

 

Nothing is as heart wrenching upon realising that the person whom you consider as your world has finally decided that perhaps living on her own world wasn't that bad after all.